2015-04-30

"There is no difference between what is right and what is Idle Activities."

Welcome to the Idol/Music General! This thread is dedicated to Idol & Music genre. Here you can discuss any idol/music show you watched, you have read and etc. Watched an episode of K-on? Post it here. Just finished watching Idolm@ster? Tell us your favorite song. Want to spread the Aikatsu love? POST HERE. Just bought some idol/music anime relate stuff, like that kickass K-on toaster? Share it here. Interested in trying out the genre? Ask here and I'll be happy to help out!

What is an Idol or Music genre? Idol is an easy one, it's basically a story where a girl or a group of girls aiming to be an idol. Music genre deals with anything that prioritize music as its core plot, for example, K-on, one of the most popular SoL/Music. In this thread, I'll cover 4 of the most popular idol/music anime in Japan and in the end of the post, I'll list some anime that I didn't cover that are worth watching too!

But wait, popular? But I never herd of these genre before! Well, yes in the West, idol or music anime aren't all that popular, but in Japan? You don't even know. The best selling anime in year 2014? Love Live School Idol Project 2nd Season. The first volume broke multiple records and was the BEST selling first volume this century:

Spoiler: Best Selling 1st Vol. of this Century

Best selling first volumes of this century

(2014) *115,870 Love Live! 2nd Season

(2013) *83,683 Shingeki no Kyojin

(2009) *82,803 Bakemonogatari

(2004) *80,635 Gundam SEED DESTINY

(2011) *80,089 Madoka

(2002) *71,081 Gundam SEED

(2013) *65,465 Uta Pri 2

(2012) *65,133 Nisemonogatari

(2003) *64,992 FMA

(2008) *64,981 Macross F

(2006) *63,284 NANA

(2006) *62,527 Code Geass

(2008) *59,041 Code Geass R2

(2009) *53,472 K-ON!

(2011) *52,133 Fate/Zero

(2008) *49,943 Gundam 00

(2011) *46,474 Ano Hana

(2013) *46,155 Monogatari Second Season

(2012) *45,804 Fate/Zero 2nd Season

(2012) *45,372 Sword Art Online

Spoiler: More Sales Stuff

Shocking? Not even close, the amount of popularity of idols in Japan is frightening. Even Fate UBW couldn't top LL, and it was considered to be the anime that would dethrone LL's dominance during the year 2014.

LL 1st Volume Sales:

115,870 Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Vol.1 Special Limited Edition
Current BD avg sales:

62,844 Love Live! 2nd Season

Fate: UBW 1st Volume sales:

33,876 Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Blu-ray BOX Vol.1 Limited Edition

Spoiler: Love Live Info Dump

Quote:Otonokizaka High School stands on the border of three cities: Akihabara—a pop culture mecca that's evolving by the minute; Kanda—a conservative, cultured city where history and tradition reign supreme; and Jinbo—a quiet area reserved for a more mature, sophisticated population. Amidst this culture clash, the school now faces closure due to the enrollment of fewer and fewer students.

With the school planning to close within three years, nine female students come together with one thing in mind—form a pop idol group to revive the school's popularity and keep it from shutting down. "In order to protect our beloved school, there's only one thing we can do... become pop stars!"

Their goal is simple: Become an overnight sensation and use their nationwide media exposure to promote their school and bring in a wave of new students to the ailing area. A simple but solid plan, they figure. Naturally, they're nervous and wonder if this plan can really succeed, but for better or worse their new journey has begun...

"All we can ask for is just a tiny bit of support from you. We truly believe that with your help, we can change the world around us. We will make our dreams come true!"

-MAL

Love Live - Snow Halation

Love Live - Bokura Wa ima No Naka De

Love Live - Wonder Zone

Love Live - No Brand Girl

Love Live - Soldier Game

Love Live - Kaguya no Shiro de Odoritai

Love Live - Start;Dash

Love Live - Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki

Love Live - Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru [Kotori]

Spoiler: Im@s Info Dump

Quote:Based on the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 game The iDOLM@STER 2, The iDOLM@STER follows 12 aspiring idols aiming to reach their goals.

-MAL

Idolm@ster - Ready!!

Idolm@ster - Change!!

Idolm@ster - Ready & Change Special Edition

Idom@ster - Yakusoku [Chihaya]

Idolm@ster - Heart of the Marionette [Miki]

Idolm@ster - Aoi Tori [Chihaya]

Idolm@ster - Nemuhime [Chihaya]

Idolm@ster - Go My Way!

>Streaming music: http://shijou.moe/imas-radio.html

>Idolm@ster streaming music: http://www.trntbl.me/idolmaster-music#_=_

Spoiler: Aikatsu Info dump

Quote:Ichigo Hoshimiya is a regular, ordinary middle school girl. But when her best friend, Aoi, invites her to join the idol training academy, Starlight Academy, her whole world is turned upside down. As she encounters all kinds of rivals and learns what it takes to be an idol, she uses her Aikatsu Cards to challenge countless auditions.

-MAL

Aikatsu - Idol Activity [Ichigo]

Aikatsu - Idol Activity [Seira]

Aikatsu - Precious [WM]

Aikatsu - Moonlight Destiny [Ichigo & Mizuki]

Aikatsu - Friend [2wingS]

Aikatsu - Wake up my music [Masquerade]

Aikatsu - Signalize [Aoi]

Aikatsu - Hirari/Hitori/Kirari [Star Anis]

Aikatsu - Diamond Happy [Soleil]

>Aikatsu's CG improves starting at episode 9, ask for proof if you so need it.

>Aikatsu - Thursday 1830 JST TV Tokyo [if you're into watching live stream]

Spoiler: K-on!! Info Dump

Quote:Hirasawa Yui, a young, carefree girl entering high school, has her imagination instantly captured when she sees a poster advertising the "Light Music Club." Being the carefree girl that she is, she quickly signs up; however, Yui has a problem, she is unable to play an instrument.

When Yui goes to the clubroom to explain, she's greeted by the other members: Ritsu, Mio, and Tsumugi. Although disheartened at Yui's lack of musical know-how, they still try to convince her to stay to prevent the club's disbandment. After playing Yui a short piece which re-ignites her imagination, they succeed in keeping their new member and guitarist.

Along with the tasks of school and homework, Yui begins to learn the guitar with the help of the other band members, experiencing many mishaps along the way. However, with the school festival drawing near and Yui getting stuck with her practice, will the Light Music Club be ready in time for their debut?

-MAL

K-on - Cagayake! Girls

K-on - Happy!? Sorry!!

K-on - Don't say 'lazy

K-on - Sweet Bitter Beauty Song

K-on - Go! Go! Maniac

K-on - Genius...!?

K-on - Listen!!

K-on - Our Magic

Spoiler: Other Idol/Music Anime

Wake Up, Girls

The Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls

Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream

Pretty Rhythm: Dear My Future

Jewelpet

PriPara

AKB0048

NANA

White Album

White Album 2

So Ra No Wo To

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Nodame Cantabile

Beck

Kiniro no Corda: Primo Passo

Uta no☆Prince-sama♪

Hibike! Euphonium

Thread Topic:

Have you watched any of these shows?

Did you enjoy any of them?

If not, then what anime caught your interest reading this thread?

Your favorite idol(s) or character(s)

Your favorite song(s)

Spoiler: Other Stuff

- Sorry if the list of songs aren't clickable, I tried to hyperlink them but they still show up as videos unlike in other forums so unless I find a way for the YT vids to be hyperlink to the name then, you'll just have to Youtube most of the songs. Sorry!

- The songs I listed aren't all the songs that has been sang in the anime/idols. There are a lot of songs out there and I just picked out some of my favorites lol.

- The thread is really bare bones because idk if this forum allows links to torrent/streams (live stream) so I had to remove links of the songs, live stream of shows (like Aikatsu).

- What is "idle activities"? It was a joke made by Shion in episode 40 of Aikatsu based on the activity of their idol unit Powapowa-Puririn doesn't do any "idol activities" but instead they do nothing but "idle activities", which is the core element of Aikatsu. Aikatsu means Idol Activities.

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is idle activities

Show more