2016-04-01

i haven't seen any threads about the bfs for a couple of months here and was just wondering if anyone had picked one up and put some trigger time behind one yet. i picked one up about a month ago to try out and have been pleasantly surprised by it. while it does have a few quirks i've really come to like the trigger. Fostech will be releasing their echo trigger , hopefully on time , in May and it seems to have addressed the issues i have with the bfs. hopefully i got in early enough on the preorder to get one in May so i can run them side by side and compare them. while they mimic each other in that they both fire on the pull and the release it's interesting the design differences between them.

here's a pic of the bfs trigger for anyone who hasn't seen one. they use a 3 disconnector design , one for semi mode , one for binary mode , and a 3rd backup disconnector (bud). the echo is very different in design. this trigger has about 2k rounds on it and has functioned as advertised with no issues in 2 different lowers , a nodak spud lower and a kac lower. i had to file down one of the selector stops on the kac lower to allow the selector to rotate into binary mode. other than that it's dropped right in without any fitting or shimming required.

once i receive the F1 back on a colt lower for my commando build i think this trigger will find a permanent home there :cool:

Show more