2013-06-28

Following the work of an overzealous automatic spam bot filter, I recently got banned and the thread I started not long ago about vintage lenses disappeared in the process.

Because there was some useful info in this thread, I'd like to try to open it again.

So I was asking where to buy vintage manual lenses in Jakarta such as the Olympus OM 50mm f1.8.

Several posters replied saying that they can be found in a store in STC Senayan as well as in the Pasar Baru area.

In the mean time, I looked online and found that there are many vintage manual lenses for sale on bukalapak.

As such, this week I bought a Pentacon MC 50mm f1.8 for my Olympus OM-D. The lens was in great condition except for the aperture not working. After some research, I found out the aperture blades were stuck because of leaking focus mechanism lubricant. After some cleaning with lighter fluid, the lens works perfectly. The lens cost me Rp550,000, the M42 to m4/3 adapter Rp200,000 and the pair of caps (49mm front cap and m/43 rear car for the adapter) cost me Rp100,000 shipping included.

Here is the beast:

A test shot at f1.8, it's a bit soft:

And another one at f2.8, much sharper:

Show more