2013-06-29

Hello,

I am new in here..

I have been using kubuntu with KDE desktop for some years now and been more or less happy with it.

I use it only in a laptop for few specific purposes such as: Programming and downloading torrents.

I have just installed the 12.4 on the top of my existed version 10 and the result was not good at all.

12.4 has some extremely stupid features which are extremely hard to understand.

1) WLAN connection is always lose after rebooting the computer

2) All K-Torrent does is to only upload, feels like it is built for uploading torrent files not downloading them.

3) If I keep no limit on uploads, my network is totally dead, it is almost impossible to use internet because it becomes extremely slow.

4) If I set upload limit, I only get crappy speed for downloading

5) If I set the torrent to be removed after the download, it never removes it (again feels like someone is trying to force me to seed).

I only seed as long as I am downloading not after the download is finished.

Some peoples might say to use Azureus and my answer for them will be,

forget that java crap!

I have downgraded my Kubuntu back to version 10 because I do not have the same problems with it.

If you have any idea of improving the K-TORRENT please let me know!

My Internet speed is 50MB and I never get more than max: 2MB :(

If I use the 12.4 all get is totally crappy speed and uploading speed is 90% of the time higher than downloading speed.

What I am trying to achieve is:

- To make sure downloading speed is always higher than uploading speed

- To remove torrent and stop seeding after the download is done

-*To be able to decide my self what will be the upload speed if the max upload limit is killing my bandwidth.

thanks in advance

Show more