Corporate - Model Risk Group - VaR - Associate/VP – London-140014162
**Job Title: Model Risk Group – Associate**
**Associate level position within the Model Risk Group**
* Financial Institutions routinely use models for a broad range of activities including credit underwriting, valuing financial instruments, measuring and managing risk, assessing the adequacy of reserves and capital resources, and many other applications. Model Risk arises from the potential adverse consequences of making decisions based on incorrect or misused model outputs and reports, leading to financial loss, poor business decision making, or reputational damage.
* The Model Risk Group (MRG) is responsible for conducting model validation to help identify, measure, and mitigate Model Risk. The objective is to ensure that models are used appropriately in the business context and that model users are aware of the models’ strengths and limitations and how these can impact their decisions.
* Pricing and risk measurement models for financial derivatives products traded by the Investment Bank (IB) client businesses are one of the areas of focus for MRG. Sound usage of these models requires a deep understanding of the theoretical underpinnings, expertise of the underlying markets used to manage risk, and an understanding of model performance in different regimes.
* MRG carries out model validation activities and works closely with Risk, Finance and FO professionals to review model validation findings, on-going model risk measurement and risk mitigating strategies.
* Carry out model validation activities, including model reviews and model risk measurement projects, for market risk capital models (such as Value-at-Risk, Specific Risk, Stress VBM, Comprehensive Risk Measure, Incremental Risk Capital) across a variety of asset classes:
* Model reviews: evaluate the conceptual soundness of pricing engines and its suitability for capturing risk; the reasonableness of assumptions and reliability of inputs; the consistency of approaches used across products and asset classes; the completeness of the testing performed to support the methodology choices and the correctness of the implementation; the suitability and comprehensiveness of performance metrics and risk measures associated with the use of the model.
* Risk measurement projects: identify alternative ways of measuring and aggregating risk, design and implement experiments to assess their effectiveness; compare the model results with empirical evidence and/or outputs from alternative methodologies;
* Liaise with FO, Quants, Market Risk and Valuation Control Groups to understand usage of models in the business and syndicate the findings of model validation
**Essential skills, experience, and qualifications:**
* Relevant experience in quantitative research, model development or model validation of capital or derivative pricing models in a financial institution.
* Masters degree in a quantitative areas (Math Finance, Statistics, Applied Math, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or similar).
* Understanding of financial mathematics.
* Good command of statistics and some experience with econometric analysis of time series.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
* Inquisitive nature, ability to ask right questions and escalate issues. Risk & Control mindset.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
* Team work oriented.
* Experience within the Financial Services industry advantageous
**About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank**
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package
Closing Date - 30th June 2014
*Primary Location:* GB-ENG-LND-25 Bank Street / 32173
*Organization:* CORPORATE SECTOR
*Job Type:* Standard
*Shift:* Day Job
*Employee Status:* Regular
*FCA regulated role, more details provided at interview:* No