Location: Cape Town
Mid-Level .NET Developer specialising in Umbraco
Creative Spark is a Cape Town-based agency and online publishing operation that is growing rapidly. We’re expanding our development team and are looking for a development guru to join our team to assist on our various projects. We like people who are “can do”, who work quickly and want to make reputations for themselves in the industry.
We’re a fast-paced start-up that employs ambitious and committed people that want to go places, grow with the company and make an impact on the world. We work on a number of exciting and high-profile local and international media projects. Those interested in a sleepy 9-5 corporate job, need not apply.
You will be responsible for the development of modular software components as part of a team of software developers. The work will include design and implementation of web applications, web services, data schemas and databases, and other applications and services.
• Build new systems with .NET / ASP.NET / VB.NET / SQL Server 2008 / WCF Web Services / WCF
• Build sites using the Umbraco CMS framework
• Lead/mentor developers and share knowledge
• Carry out W3C validation, accessibility and usability audits, tests, and debugging.
• 5+ years’ professional web development experience, specifically using ASP .NET.
• Demonstrable experience in developing web applications across different platforms: web, mobile, tablet
• Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
• Deep knowledge of the .NET 4.0/4.5 Frameworks, including Visual Studio, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ASMX and WCF Web Services, and ADO.NET.
• Strong skills in content architecture and database design.
• Iterative design, development and support .NET software.
• A strong understanding of coding best practices
• A solid understanding of web design, accessibility, usability, information architecture, scalability and security.
• Strong presentation, communication, and collaboration skills, enabling knowledge share within team and across teams.
• Experience with JQuery or similar technologies.
• Attention to detail.
• High levels of engagement in .NET communities: discussion forums, user groups, issue queues.
• Be self-motivated, take initiative and be independent.
• Willingness and hunger to learn.
These skills would be great:
• Accustomed to working on multiple projects simultaneously to a high standard.
• Absolute passion for the Internet, World Wide Web and Web Design / Development. Must be passionate about the technology industry.
• Self taught developers have as much chance as someone with a degree – both must have a strong portfolio.
How to get the job:
Send an email to email@example.com with at least 3 examples of web applications you’ve developed which incorporate the skills and experience above. Also please send through your contact details so we can get hold of you.
Apply to this job