Job ID 6125
Location US-TX-Houston - Corp
FLSA Status Exempt
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Yrs. Experience ..
Relocation Provided No
Travel Percentage (%) ..
More information about this job:
The Produce Merchandiser Planner is responsible for the acquisition of produce (assigned) products in a timely manner to meet order fill requirements while keeping inventory at optimal lower levels. This person maintains data sets on said products to ensure proper forecasting of product needs. This person also manages the complete purchase order process including forecasting, recommending/placing orders, accurate costing, transportation of, and proper receiving/storage of these items.
Includes, but not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Listed in order of importance:
* Purchases designated produce products in a timely manner to ensure order fill requirements are met and inventory is kept at a minimum.
* Ensure the accurate pricing/costing of all purchase orders through order confirmation process.
* Set up or monitor transportation/delivery of assigned produce products to the distribution center.
* Communicate with operations/receivers/quality assurance on quality of product on arrivals.
* Communicate with internal customers (sales and marketing teams) on product/market conditions that could impact end-user customers.
* Maintain item and vendor parameters in purchasing systems including but not limited to order days, lead times, buying multiples, pallet configurations, and safety stock.
* Process/cut purchase orders to procure products for suppliers.
* Negotiate pricing with suppliers for open price products being purchased and/or ensure proper pricing of purchase orders for contract product purchases.
* Meet OpCo expectations for vendor invoice accuracy keeping proforma revisions within company targets of 1 per 100 or less.
* Make sure product is set up for pick up with carrier (if FOB purchase) or appointments are scheduled for delivered products.
* Monitor inbound transportation of products to ensure “on time arrival” of products on a daily basis.
* Work with Operations/Quality Assurance/Inventory Control to manage and resolve quality issues on inbound or stock items.
* File Produce Discrepancy Notices (PDN) for products that do not meet receiving standards outlined by Sysco QA or the USDA for said products.
* Resolve all quality disputes in a timely fashion (within 7 days of receipt of product)
* Review critical item listing multiple times per day to adjust/adapt to changes in demand and cover short items or manage slow moving items.
* Adjust purchase orders as needed to accommodate changes in demand to maintain order fill/service levels at 99.65%
* Meet OpCo expectations for inventory turns of 2.5 days on the category.
* Manage Sales and/or Market pricing to drive competitive market relevant pricing for marketing associates and end user customers.
* Manage procurement of special orders and/or “demand status” products from suppliers.
Be aware of new products in the market place and introduce appropriate additions to OpCo inventory.
* Maintain timely communication with sales department via email and telephone to follow up on market conditions, product information, pricing or customer concerns.
* Work with Merchandising/Marketing manager(s) to promote products on a weekly or monthly basis to encourage new sales.
* Assist Sales/Marketing by providing product training for marketing associates as needed.
* Work with sales/marketing to provide support for promotions, trade shows, and/or customer presentations as needed.
* Work with inventory control and/or accounting on any invoice discrepancies.
* Participate in the implementation of new products, programs, and strategies.
* Maintain current knowledge of all applicable category programs and products.
* Practice good organizational skills and time management.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* 4 year College Degree Required with an Agricultural focus preferred
* Food Service and/or Produce industry experience (highly preferred)
Ability to solve practical problems, while dealing with situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to new work structures, processes, or requirements or to work within a new culture.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. Additionally this position requires significant data entry. Employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 30 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! Background & Drug Screen. EOE.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Apply for this job:
* Apply for this job online
* Email this job to a friend