**The following information in red applies only to staff level positions. **
******As part of completing the application process, you will be required to complete an online-assessment which will be sent to your e-mail following the submission of your resume. This questionnaire should take you approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete. Please note that your application will not be considered until there is a finalized assessment on file. If you have previously taken this assessment, you will not be required to take it again. We appreciate your interest in Northwestern Memorial HealthCare.**
Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation is a premier, multi-specialty physician organization committed to providing high quality care to patients, and to supporting the research and academic endeavors of the Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University.
The Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation is seeking a **Nurse Clinician** to work in the **Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer**Center. The Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University is committed to being a national leader in the battle to overcome cancer. To this end, Chicago''s Lurie Cancer Center is dedicated to scientific discovery, advancing medical knowledge, providing compassionate, state-of-the-art cancer care, and training the next generation of clinicians and scientists
The Lurie Cancer Center is one of only 41 NCI-designated "Comprehensive" cancer centers in the nation. In addition, the Lurie Cancer Center is a founding member of the **National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)**, an alliance of 23 of the world''s leading cancer centers dedicated to improving the quality and effectiveness of care provided to patients with cancer.
The Nurse Clinician will work in a multidisciplinary environment which will require exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, clinical and administrative departments.
In this role you will:
* Utilize your nursing skills to safely administer chemotherapy, injections and other infusion and associated treatments provided in the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center.
* Utilize your nursing skills to perform patient assessments and implement nursing interventions; as such the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent and critical thinking when resolving patient care issues is essential.
* Initiate and organize patient education for Cancer Center patients.
* Utilize excellent prioritization & organizational skills which are essential to provide our patients with an ideal care experience.
Our ideal candidate will have:
* **Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing required**
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required
* Registered Professional Nurse licensure by the State of Illinois required
* **ONS Chemotherapy/biotherapy certification required**
* OCN certification or OCN certification-eligible preferred
**-Minimum two years of experience in Chemotherapy ambulatory care experience HIGHLY desired**
* Certification in Basic CPR required