Provides patient care under the direct supervision and control of a Registered Nurse or other licensed leader. Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, patient environment, and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner.
* Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure. Obtains and records patient weight and height.
* Reports and documents information related to assigned duties, assists with procedures performed in the office/clinic area, cleans examination rooms and instruments according to OSHA standards.
* Assists with simple non-sterile dressing changes, application and removal of ace bandage, TED hose, and heat lamps, pelvic and unoccupied beds. Assists patients with transfers to exam bed, wheelchair, and stretcher.
* Performs finger stick for blood glucose monitoring (upon certification). Assists with the collection of specimens of body fluids such as urine and blood for laboratory testing as appropriate; must have venipuncture or other certification. Completes lab requisitions and prepares specimens for pick-up or delivery.
* Provides instructions to patients and family members according to approved protocols and/or the plan of care under supervision of the Registered Nurse. Documents learner response.
* Maintains stock supply items inventory management restocking of examination rooms, etc.
* Participates in QA programs. Attends in-services/team member meetings. Initiates CPR (upon certification).
* Handles phone calls under supervision of a RN or leader.
Work requires consistent walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Must speak and understand English with the ability to communicate effectively. Must have an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and have manual and finger dexterity.
**Education, Experience and Certifications**
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of an approved Nurse Aide Training Program, or student nurses meeting the listing requirements of the DFS Nurse Aide Registry, required. Current unrestricted listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse Aide I required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
**Posting Notes:** Not Applicable
**Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer**
*Req ID:* 24139
*Position Number:* 00126101
*Employment Type:* Full Time
*Standard Hours:* 36.00
*Department Name:* NSG - Rehabilitation Unit A
*Location:* Carolinas Rehabilitation Main
*Date:* Apr 1, 2014