Event Sales Representative
Category: Sales / Marketing
Type: Full Time
SUMMARY: Responsible for managing sales and administrative duties. Sells group events and creates and maintains relationship within a prescribed sales area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
* Generates group sales, including: corporate parties, business meetings/recreational events, group fund raisers, team-building events, etc. Achieves annual sales targets for group events of 20 or less.
* Serve as a customer contact for accounts with group events of less than 20 guests in prescribed sales area.
* Manage prospects who contact the center or sales office via phone or the internet. Assists prospects with group event inquiries; creates lane reservations map with relevant event details in conjunction with District Sales Manager.
* Clearly communicate to prospective clients the features and benefits of Bowlmor/AMF properties and event packages.
* Respond to all event inquiries and convert inquiries into booked events and consistently meet or exceed individual monthly sales goal.
* Work with clients to plan and coordinate details of events and manage relationship with clients throughout the event planning process and beyond.
* Understand the unique needs of different types of events, such as corporate events, birthday parties and other social events (SMERF - Social, Military, Education, Religious and Fraternal) business.
* Maintains records of event inquiry in GroupSmart and follows sales process to complete contracts and update center and District Sales Manager on a regular basis.
* Investigates and resolves Group Event customer problems.
* Prospects and make sales calls within region to broaden client base and penetrate new markets and assisting in developing and executing sales action plans.
* Must have the flexibility to work and travel nights, weekends and holidays to coordinate events and promotions to assist with facilitating events onsite, handles last minute requests and changes, and ensures group events take place as contracted.
* Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATIONS:Event Sales Representatives possess a highly developed sense of customer service and interpersonal skills including high degree of creativity and organization with strong selling and negotiating skills. Assertive, self-motivated, innovative personality with high level of initiative to solicit new business and retain existing client base are vital.
Event Sales Representatives must be strong team players and possess strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Accurately completing budgeting, forecasting and month end reporting required. Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Often must search and find win/win solutions for customers and AMF. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common trade journals, financial reports and legal documents.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with sales or customer service experience required. Hospitality sales, marketing or catering experience preferred. Proficiency with MS Office Suite and database software preferred. Relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a bowling center environment where high levels of noise, dust and activity can be expected. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Location Midland , TX
Minimum Experience (yrs): 1
Required Education: High School Degree
Benefits: 401k W/Matching