Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address
the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm
Platform as a Service (PaaS) is responsible for providing managed services for Database, Web and Messaging to JPMC internal customers. The PaaS Database Solutions Engineering Team is responsible for product management, engineering standards and productivity initiatives across the firm. The team works in conjunction with other technology towers and LoBs to ensure that database technologies are deployed around a set of standards and best practices that is integrated with the enterprise infrastructure.
We are looking for a Database Security Engineer who is already recognized within their field with a proven track record of rolling out Firmwide security standards. Of particular relevance is the implementation of an infrastructure to support database activity monitoring of privileged accounts. The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of database security & compliance standards and the impact that they have on the business.
As a database security engineer you will be expected to engage with virtual cross-tower teams in strategic initiatives. You will also be expected to drive database security agendas at the global perspective and influence and communicate across the organization. You will be expected to engage with lines of businesses, so a strong mix of hard and soft skills is e ssential.
You will liase with the Cyber Security & Risk Management teams and develop firmwide database security standards in the
- Database Security Configuration
- Database Activity Monitoring (DAM)
- Database Access Control
- Database Data Protection
- Database Audit Remediation
Good written and verbal communication is an important part of the role as you will be expected to provide regular updates to senior management, LoB stakeholders and the broader database community.
- Experience with Database Security standards and leading change
- Experienced DBA (one or more of Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2 UDB)
- Strong SA level skills on Unix platforms (one or more of Linux, Solaris, AIX)
- Proficiency in Perl, Shell, Awk & Sed
- Proficiency in C or C and advantage
- Basic knowledge of either Guardium and/or Imperva
- Some experience in the financial services sector
- Led (or significant contribution to) roll-out of database acivity monitoring infrastructure across a large organization ( > 2000 servers)
- Good understanding of distributed computing technologies including server hardware, operating systems, networks & storage
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate cross-technology & cross-tower initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communications
**Job:** **Database Management*
**Organization:** **CORPORATE SECTOR*
**Title:** *Database Security Engineer Lead*
**Location:** *IN-KA-Bangalore East-Prestige Technology Park / 86855*
**Requisition ID:** *150031503*