2014-04-08

Hi All,

Due to the concerns regarding a virus with symptoms similar to parvo at South Shields beach we have cancelled the beach as a venue for this walk.

The Cockapoo Meet on 27th April at 11.00am at Derwent Walk Country Park and Derwenthaugh Park.

Website: http://www.gateshead.gov.uk/Document...de/Derwent.pdf

Parking: 54.942872,-1.710715 – There are several car parks along this road, this one is opposite Winlaton Mill garage, I would advise arriving early incase car park is full, it will allow you to park and join further along the path if necessary.

The Meeting Point is just passed the car park so pooches are away from road: 54.942857,-1.709936. Head down the main path and to the right. We will meet there as it is the first opportunity to unleash the pooches.

The Red Kite Pub: 54.941659,-1.711717;

This is a dog friendly pub (but with numbers increasing I’m doubtful we will be allowed in) there is an outside seating area so if the weather is nice, there may be a pint at the end of it.

Depending on attendees we may vary the route but this is the intended route at this stage.

The route we are taking is longer than the last time to ensure the full route is accessible. We will meet at the meeting point and head to the left of the path, we will walk past the tennis courts, around the cricket pitch (dogs on leads as there is a little road) to Swalwell Visitor Centre, then along the top path (anyone who is in a rush can cut their walk short by following some steps and crossing the butterfly bridge, let me or Hubby know if this is the case and we can point you in the right direction) until just before the viaduct where we will (time depending) head to Red Kite View point for 5 minutes stop, group photo then head back to the car park. If the weather is nice Hubby navigator and I will be heading to the dog friendly pub for a cheeky pint after 

Recommendations: Wellies, coats and for the adventurous dogs towels.

Hope to see you all there.

Jenna

xxx

Show more