We love Christmas Markets – to us they are the start of our Christmas celebrations. We want to share with you our 5 top UK Christmas markets, some we have visited, some we want to! We also suggest some fab places to stay if you decide to visit and enjoy a pre-Christmas mini break.
1. Bristol’s German Christmas Market. 6 November – 22 December. There is a great Premier Inn at Cribbs Causeway to stay. This year there will be a Nativity Pyramid, a giant Advent Calender, and lots of chalets selling lovely goodies. A Park and Ride is not far away, so you can easily get into the city.
2. Bath Christmas Market. We recommend the lovely Bath Waterside Travelodge, there is lots of parking and you can walk into the city centre from there. 26 November – 13 December. There will be more than 170 chalets of wonderful gift ideas this year.
3. Cardiff Christmas Market. There is the Travelodge at Cardiff Atlantic Wharf, you can walk or hop on a bus into the city centre. We can also recommend the Travelodge at Queen Street, and The Marriott in the city centre. Catch the train into Cardiff Central and both are a short walk away. 12 November – 23 December. Offering an alternative shopping experience.
4. Salisbury Christmas Market. We have never been to Salisbury as a family, Mummy visited for the day years ago before we were born. 26 November – 20 Decmber. Set in Guildall Square, with lots of gifts, great food and drink and traditional German treats.
5. Not a Christmas Market but Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland. The perfect hotel to stay is The Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington. It has parking, the best facilities and is in a brilliant location. 20 November – 3 January 2016. Featuring a giant Ferris Wheel, a magical ice kingdom and Zippos Circus.
Have you visited any UK Christmas Markets? Which is your favourite?
The post Fab 5 UK Christmas Markets 2015 appeared first on Ickle Pickles Life and Travels.