2015-10-19

I recently had an opportunity to upgrade from my taig lathe. a friend had a very lightly used Myford and he needed to sell it for various reasons.

he was the second owner (never used the lathe), the original owner was actually Gillet razors that used the lathe a few times to turn commutators for some of there machines. so everything appears tight to me and looks great.

I should make an inventory, off memory it has 3 and 4 jaw chuck, large face plate (possibly for lathe dog?), live center, drill chuck. and I believe a full set of change wheels and a few extra jaws.

I cannot see any screw cutting indicator so I am not sure why it would have come with change wheels! can anyone help with this?

I also have some general questions that maybe a manual would help with, such as the grease fittings I am sure are for oil, but how do I get oil into them? and the headstock bushings with the drip oiler they seem stuck open.

I will post images of the lathe in time, I am not certain what model it is but I would guess an ML7. the serial reads K111751 on the lathe bed.

I had agreed to pay 800 canadian for it. I hope I made out well.

considering a small chinese lathe is that much, id think so?

Show more