2014-06-02

R²'s moving sale!

aka "I can't believe I have so much stuff to sell"

or "Where did all this stuff even come from?!"

My apartment has accumulated so many castoff parts in the closets and corners, stuff I've been meaning to sell but never got around to it. But moving day is approaching, and it's finally the kick in the pants I'd needed; it'd be nice to have less stuff to move.

Noobish Heat as richard (someone beat me to "rsquared"), longstanding eBay feedback as rsquared.

Prices include shipping to lower-48 US unless otherwise noted. I'll combine shipping whenever feasible (this may be important regarding the cases). Post or PM with questions or offers.

PC Components

Intel DG45ID LGA775 MicroATX motherboard, $35.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU, $45.

Patriot Viper PC2-8500 (DDR2, 1066MHz) 2x2GB kit, $40 each, I have two kits.

Combo! Reunite the three items above for $140.

Intel D525MW mini-ITX motherboard w/ Atom D525 CPU and 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM, $60. Was an in-house Linux server for a while, and did a fine job of it, and then I realized that I really had no use for an in-house Linux server.

Asus Maximus VI Extreme motherboard (LGA1155, P67 B3), $140. I thought the SATA controller on this had failed, so I bought...

Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH motherboard (LGA1155, Z77), $180. This mobo is kind of insane with features, but the two 20-pin USB 3.0 connectors was the killer feature for me. And I continued having exactly the same hard-drive problems. It turned out to be the PSU's fault.

Intel Core i5-2500K CPU, $150. CPU only, in the original box if you want it. I ran this liquid-cooled and have no idea what happened to the stock HSF. Never actually got around to overclocking it, so can't speak to its capabilities there.

Intel Core i7-4770K CPU, unlidded, $275. Recommended for bare-die liquid-cooling. I used the "vise method" to unlid this, and kind of munged up the edges of the heatspreader in the process. I ran it bare-die, so it didn't matter to me, but if you want to use the heatspreader you will need to smooth the edges with a file or something. Photo. Never overclocked this, either. Bare-die-cooling stuff listed below.

Asus Maximus VI Hero motherboard, bent CPU-socket pins, $50. I don't know how the pins got bent. Did the previous owner do it and I didn't notice right away? Did I do it in the course of installing the bare-die waterblock setup? Anyway, it works if you only want to use one RAM channel. Maybe that's good enough for you, or maybe you have pin-straightening skillz. Comes with all accessories. Six big photos of bent pins.

Asus Maximus VI Hero motherboard, $140. No bent pins, works great, also includes all accessories.

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3-1866 2x4GB kit, red/green LEDs, $70 each, I have two kits. I hated to stop using this RAM, just because the LEDs are so freakin' cool, but mini-ITX boards only have two slots, and I didn't want to go down to 8GB.

Microsoft Sidewinder X4 keyboard, $40. Never used. Plugged it in and found that it doesn't work, AT ALL, with my IOGear KVM switch. Plugged it directly into the computer and it worked fine, well that's nice, but I'm not going to give up my KVM switch.

Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic, $15. This is a PCI card, also note that it has no front-panel connection.

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, $35. This is a PCI Express card, and does have a front-panel connection.

Lian-Li black 5.25" drive-bay cover with four red-LED rocker switches, $10.

Lian-Li EX-33X2 hard-drive cage w/ 120mm blue-LED fan, $25 each, I have three. These came with a Lian-Li PC-A77FB, and I would prefer not to sell them until after someone buys the "outside of the PC-A77F" case, so they are not unavailable to said buyer.

Lian-Li EX-34B hard-drive cage w/ 120mm fan, $25.

Lian-Li EX-23B hard-drive cage w/ 80mm fan, $20.

Lian-Li EX-H34B hard-drive cage w/ 120mm fan, painted black, no backplane, $25. I ruined the backplane in a modding attempt, but it's still a usable hard-drive cage. Wait, never mind, I can't find all the drive-mounting hardware.

Lian-Li EX-H34SX hard-drive cage w/ 120mm fan, $60.

Lian-Li EX-33B hard-drive cage w/ 120mm fan, powder-coated all-black, $25. Came with a PC-A16B case.

Lian-Li HD-H32 tray for using 2.5" drives in the EX-H34 hot-swap cages, $10 each, I have two. (This is actually why I can't find all the hardware for the EX-H34B: while I had SSDs installed with these I lost track of the hard-drive hardware.)

Icy Dock MB155SP-B 5-in-4 hot-swap "FatCage" hard-drive bay, $70. I will include the two "AdaptaDrive" that I used to put 2.5" drives in it.

Silverstone Elements ST50EF-SC 500W power supply, $40. The "SC" is the short-cables version, for small cases.

Fans

Bitfenix Spectre Pro red-LED 200mm fan, $15. Was going to use this at the front of my BitFenix Prodigy, didn't.

Silverstone AP182 180mm fan, $20. Same as above.

Three Scythe S-Flex SFF21F 1600RPM 120mm fans, $15 for the three. My first radiator fans... *sniffle* I removed the back-of-the-motor stickers for aesthetics, as seen in a post long ago.

Four Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 120mm fans, with four-way three-pin splitter cable, $50 for the four. These spent their time as radiator fans.

Four Arctic Cooling F12 PWM 120mm fans, $25 for the four. These, too, I used as radiator fans; their "PWM Sharing Technology" let me connect them all together to one PWM mobo header.

Four BitFenix Spectre Pro red-LED PWM 120mm fans, $25 for the four. The last group of radiator fans.

Three Scythe S-Flex SFF21D 800RPM 120mm fans, $15 for the three. These I mostly used in the Lian-Li hard-drive cages.

Two Scythe S-Flex SFF21G 120mm fans, $15 for both.

Two Scythe Kama Flex 135mm 1200RPM fans, $15 for both. Effectively 140mm fans, despite Scythe being weird about it. Never used, one still in original packaging. May be of particular interest to anyone looking to buy the T-LF37B-1 below.

Liquid cooling

XSPC RS120 radiator, $20.

Swiftech MCR320 radiator, $30.

Swiftech MCR220-Drive Rev. 2 radiator/reservoir/pump mount, $30. Pump not included, of course.

Swiftech H220 radiator/reservoir w/ two Helix PWM fans, $30.

Coolgate CG-480 4x120 60mm-thick radiator, $60. Note that 60mm is thick. Measure first.

Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480 full-copper 4x120mm 45mm-thick radiator with red LED strips, $75. The LED strips are 12V, and are currently bare wire ends, as I never got that far. Photos! My plan was to put Phobya 20mm clear shrouds between the rad and fans, for the light effect. Add four shrouds for $10 if you want to try it yourself.

Alphacool Repack Quad DDC bay reservoir, $40. The copper fill-tube has a bit of oxidation on it, which you could get in there and clean if you really wanted to. Photo.

Bitspower BP-WT525P-BK single-bay reservoir, $25.

XSPC DDC Dual Bay reservoir with pump mount, $25. I broke out the inside tube that points downward, at the pump inlet, because it is a terrible idea. Any air coming into the reservoir is immediately sucked right into the pump and sent back out into the loop, and the loop was freakin' impossible to bleed. With the tube removed, it works beautifully.

Swiftech MCP350 pump, $40.

EK DDC-Top rev. 2 pump top, $10.

EK FC-GTX680 waterblock, acetal + copper, with backplate, $60.

EK HF-Supreme CPU waterblock, acetal + copper, $30

EK HF-Supremacy CPU waterblock, red acrylic and copper, $45. Has a stain on the bottom where the 4770K bare die was, with Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra. Photo.

EK Supremacy “Naked Ivy” mount, $5.

Combo! Reunite the unlidded 4770K with the Supremacy waterblock and Naked Ivy mount for $300!

Cases

Lian-Li T-LF37B-1 top panel, $20. This is the stock top panel from a PC-A77FB, and has two 140mm blue-LED fans.

Lian-Li PC-Q07B with front 120mm fan mount, $50. Currently has a 800RPM Scythe "Slip Stream Slim" fan there, behind a fan-with-the-middle-cut-out shroud.

Lian-Li PC-7A with bottom 360mm radiator mount, $60. Includes a windowed side panel and a silver Lian-Li optical-drive cover. Best suited for use with a micro-ATX or smaller motherboard. I can include the solid side panel, too. Pic links to several pics.

Now a bit of backstory before I continue: I bought a PC-A77FB, had it powder-coated, got a triple-fan replacement top for it, built a system with a top-mounted radiator, and found it unsatisfactory. What I really need is the frame of the PC-P80 with the outside of the PC-A77F, I thought. Then realized that I could actually do that, since Lian-Li cases are all sort of modular anyway. I bought a PC-P80, cut the frame for a radiator mount, had it powder-coated, switched parts around, built in the frame of the PC-P80 with the outside of the PC-A77F, and found it very satisfactory... but never got around to actually finishing the build. Then one day I was suddenly appalled by its hugeness, and rebuilt in mini-ITX....

All the while, the frame of the PC-A77F with the outside of the PC-P80 sat around, a hulking monolith in the corner of my living room, with me repeatedly thinking I gotta get around to selling that.

The frame of the PC-P80 with the outside of the PC-A77F

The powder coating is slightly textured, sort of a "black wrinkle" finish. It has a windowed side panel but I can include the original solid panel, too. The power button is replaced with a red-ring "vandal resistant" button. (This prevents putting a large device in the topmost drive bay. Use it for a fan controller, or temperatures display, or the switch panel listed above. Or rewire it with soldered connections at a right angle.) The reset button is nonfunctional because there is no switch behind the plunger anymore. I put in the red lever-locking expansion-card holder, which is surprisingly awesome. One of the four screw holes to secure the top panel has a broken-off screw in it that I never bothered to drill out; I am including an extra screw and washer so if you repair that you'll have the hardware to match the other three. The top-ports opening is empty in the photos because it is buyer's choice:

Four USB 3.0 ports with "A" (external) connectors, as originally included with the PC-A77FB.

Four USB 3.0 ports with two 20-pin motherboard connectors, Lian-Li item PW-IS40AV85AI0 (goes great with the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH, which has the connectors to match)

two USB 3.0 ports with 20-pin motherboard connector and two USB 2.0 ports with 10-pin motherboard connector, Lian-Li item PW-IS22AV85AT0.

Take your pick and I will install that one. The three top fans, and the rear fan, are Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm red-LED PWM fans. The top three are plugged into a three-way PWM splitter. I installed red-LED strips in the front panel, and they are wired to a three-pin fan connector. Here it is in the dark with all the lighting going.

There was plenty of space at the bottom for a 480mm radiator, but such a cutout would have removed the caster-mounting spaces. So I made a 360mm radiator cutout, and adapter rails to mount a 480mm radiator centered over the 360mm hole. Both 480mm radiators listed above have spent time in this space. Here is the Alphacool XT45 480mm radiator with the rails, and bottom view of it mounted in the case:

This also let me easily put a DEMCiflex magnetic filter over the opening, the magnet strip of which is visible here.

And speaking of filters, the case has twelve ventilated and filtered drive-bay covers, as originally delivered with the PC-A77FB. But I also have eight solid drive-bay covers and am willing to mix and match per buyer's request.

Asking $500, which I don't think is unreasonable for the unique combination of two $350 cases, with a potentially-$250 powder-coating job, modified and added-to. This does not include shipping, because this case is big. I will charge actual shipping for it, whatever it comes out to be. Local pickup is encouraged, or a meet-halfway exchange; I am in southeastern Wisconsin.

Note that there are no hard-drive mounts included. I always used one of the hard-drive hot-swap bays listed above. If you want the EX-33X2 bays that came with the PC-A77FB, call it $50 for all three. (Keep in mind they have blue-LED fans, though.)

I also encourage combos with this case. Especially the Alphacool XT45 radiator with the red-LED strips, and then post your finished build here, so I can see.

The frame of the PC-A77F with the outside of the PC-P80

I have less to say about this one, because after I got it powder coated and swapped the pieces around, I set it aside to sell Real Soon Now and did nothing further with it.

The powder coating is a smooth semi-gloss. It has the stock fans of a PC-P80: three blue-LED 140mm in the front, one 140mm in the top, one 120mm in the rear, and the fan-controller knob behind the front door. From the A77F frame it inherits the bottom-mounted power supply with vibration-isolation strips and lockdown lever. Includes the two EX-33A3 as originally included with the PC-P80, except they are powder-coated and effectively semi-glossy EX-33X3 now.

Asking $400. Shipping is, again, not included here, but will be actual shipping. This one is kind of heavy, though, with that front-door assembly, and local pickup or exchange is strongly encouraged.

Consoles

PlayStation 2 with network adapter, one black DualShock 2, composite cable, component cable, "horizontal stand", DVD remote, PS2 memory card, 500GB HD, and HD Loader software to run games from the hard drive. I got the HD Loader setup for the sake of not having to juggle discs, but it also made for vastly improved load times. Going from one side of the map to the other in GTA Vice City went from 30ish seconds to a blip. I had almost 50 games loaded to the hard drive at its peak and still 350MB+ free. Note that the hard drive will be blank when you get it. $90. "Vertical stand" and RF-modulator cable available on request, too; they just don't fit in the box. If you also buy any of my PS1 games, I will include a PS1 memory card.

One black-and-blue DualShock 2, and one blue-and-black DualShock 2, $10 each. I swapped halves so one controller has a black front and a blue back, and vice-versa.

One translucent-red Japanese-import DualShock 2, $15. I wanted to do another swap to make black-and-red and red-and-black controllers, but it turns out the Japanese controller is different inside. (Black-and-red will be a continuing theme here.)

Logitech cordless PS2 controller, $15.

Action Replay Max for PS2, $10. Cheats for games, can download more cheats if you connect the network adapter. This was vital for me to get 100% complete in GTA Vice City.

Xbox 360 Elite, "Falcon" model, with 250GB HDD, $125. Never had a RRoD, but I told Microsoft it did, anyway, just to get the cooling upgrade.

Red chrome "limited-edition" Xbox 360 controller, $30.

Console Games
PlayStation 2

Amplitude, $15.

Castlevania Lament of Innocence, $10.

Final Fantasy X, $10.

Final Fantasy X-2, $10.

Final Fantasy XII, $10.

Frequency, $10.

Gran Turismo 3 A-spec, $5.

Grand Theft Auto III, $5.

Grand Theft Auto Vice City, $5.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, $5.

Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, $10.

Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories, $10.

Ico, $5.

Kingdom Hearts, $10.

Katamari Damacy, $10.

Lumines Plus, $5.

The Mark of Kri, $10. This game is so good, I can't believe how obscure it remained. I hope it gets reborn on PS4.

Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, $5.

Namco Museum, $5.

Odin Sphere, $15.

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, $5.

Rise of the Kasai, $5. Even more obscure sequel to The Mark of Kri.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, $10.

We Love Katamari, $10.

Wild Arms 3, $5.

PlayStation

Bomberman Party Edition, $5

Castlevania Chronicles, $50

Castlevania Symphony of the Night, $40. No back insert card, but I printed one so it at least has a spine label.

Einhänder, $35

Final Fantasy Origins, $15

Final Fantasy VII, $25

Final Fantasy VIII, $15

Final Fantasy IX, $15

Final Fantasy Tactics, $10. Green-label "Greatest Hits" version.

Lemmings & Oh No! More Lemmings, $5

Scrabble, $5

Show more