2014-04-05

2009 Kawasaki Ninja 500R in beautiful Candy Plasma Blue. Approx. 4500 miles. NEVER been down. Bike is stock except for Emgo 650R mirrors, inline fuel filter, Pro Grip CF tank pad and Delkevic slip-ons (sounds awesome; not raspy. Gives the bike a nice deep sporty tone). Purchased new by me and all service performed by Kawasaki dealerships. Title in hand. Has 4-year extended warranty transferable to new owner (purchased in 2011, so should be good until 2015). Expect 55mpg+ out of this bike. You will have a hard time finding a cleaner 500R, or one that has been taken better care of. Bike is barely broken in and still practically new. Location: SWVA. $3,300 (will sell for less with original exhaust).

Next I'm selling some Ikea Galant parts; all are still new in their cardboard boxes. Except for the main frame (item# 100.568.88, $50 or less), there is enough here to build a complete Galant desk like this:

(minus the desk top shelf, which you can certainly add if you want)

That's the awesome thing about the modular Galant series. If you're short on space you can have a simple setup like that, which would be perfect for a single workstation or a drawing/homework desk. Or, if you have a large room and you're feeling froggy, go absolutely nuts and build a monster behemoth that will provide tremendous desk space and accommodate multiple systems like this:

That's almost as baller as a $10k desk for Chrissakes!

If you buy the main frame I noted above and a $20 frame extension (part# 900.568.89) you could use one of the half-round or quarter-round pieces on either end and have something like this:

And if you want to build a monster like the one I'm using, you can buy one or two extension top 80x60cm (part# 500.568.34) and the corresponding frame extension for extension top 60x80cm (part# 100.568.88) -- I already have one of these listed below, so all you'd need is an extension top to add significantly more desk space.

Or if you already have a Galant, you could buy some of these parts and add to it. I currently use a Galant and it's the best office desk I've ever owned since I wanted something sleek, simple, and didn't need a lot of drawers.

I have the following (all wood components are the birch veneer finish):

1 x 400.568.58 (Table top corner left)

1 x 800.568.42 (Extension top half-round 30x60cm)

2 x 900.568.46 (Extension top half-round 40x80cm)

1 x 600.805.41 (Extension top quarter-round, 40x80cm, right)

1 x 100.568.88 (Frame extension for extension top 60x80cm)

3 x 200.569.15 (T-Legs, height adjustable 60-82cm)

Here are examples of what's possible by buying what I have and then buying inexpensive add-on parts to build on it:

Keep in mind that there is way more here than the basic Galant setups that Ikea is selling for $200-$300 (not to mention many of their preconfigured setups come with the A-legs...the T-legs that I have are universally favored and are more expensive); you have most of the components to build a monster desk and would only need the main frame, the rectangular extension top and a $20 frame extension for one of the included half-round or quarter-round pieces to build one much much bigger than the base desk.

And here's a link to the Ikea Buying Guide that shows even more examples of what's possible to build and helps clarify what you need for various configurations. It has illustrated examples, part numbers and prices (some of the prices are outdated, like the T-Legs which actually sell for less now).

Obviously, I'd HIGHLY prefer a local deal on this but as I'm in southwest Virginia (Roanoke area), shipping may have to become an option. Most of this stuff is heavy, especially that main table top, so shipping costs may make it unrealistic to sell this stuff and I might have to save it and eventually build out another desk but I'd prefer to just be rid of it. Price for the components that I have according to pricing that I can find is $439 + tax. I'll sell everything for $200 locally or $200 + actual shipping costs (you should still come out well ahead of buying these same parts in an Ikea store).

I'd rather sell everything in a bundle than part this out, but if there's no interest in the full setup then I may entertain selling individual items.

Show more