2016-12-21

I will gladly meet anyone on I-10 from Houston to Jacksonville and drop the car off for FREE! I can do this on the 29th or 30th of Dec. All I will request is a 500$ deposit before I make the trip. let me know if you are interested. I will make you a great deal!!!

Car is ready to go. Have clean title in hand 14,500$ Rock bottom price. comes with everything as it sits, extra bumper, modifications, and sound system. I can go lower but will sell the extra bumper and install the factory sound system back in the car to do so.

Up for sale is my very clean and fun 2008 Ignition Orange Metallic Pontiac G8. I have only owned this car for one year but have had a lot of fun driving it. I have moved up to a Cadillac CTS-V 2nd generation so I am looking to sell this car. I currently daily drive this so the mileage will differ slightly.

Currently it has 126000 miles on it. Most of this is highway miles. I drive 90 miles round trip each day to work. It has never once hiccupped or left me stranded. It is a very reliable clean car. I will try and cover everything about the car in this write-up.

The first thing is modifications. I really don’t like to do modifications that affect the OEM reliability of the vehicle. I have done several tasteful mods that were not over the top or extreme in anyway. The result is a car that produced 435hp at the rear wheels with plenty of power under the line. All modifications were installed by me and done in a professional manner. I have never tracked the car nor have I intended to. I didn’t build an all out horsepower monster just a solid powerful daily driver.. Below are the add-ons for the entire car.

1. DOD / AFM Delete this included the following parts over 3600$

a. Custom Cam from Rick Crawford racing 221/225 .558/.564 112+1 Comp Cam Core

b. PAC 1219X Beehive springs with titanium keepers these are great high rpm springs no issues with valve float or excessive spring pressures on the cam

c. Brian Tooley Racing rocker arm trunion upgrade

d. Lingenfelter Ported and Polished heads with back cut hollow ls3 intake valves. Lighter valves to help with any possibility of valve float or more valvetrain wear. Heads have a mild port job and have had the combustion chambers matched up. They are also milled to add a slight bump in quench and compression

e. Iwis heavy duty seamless chain with ls2 guide and sprocket

f. Melling high volume 10296 pump installed with the lower pressure spring

g. Factory pan oil relief valve plugged

h. Arp head bolts

i. All new gaskets on removed parts including factory head gaskets block and heads were checked with precision straight edge to verify trueness.

j. 25 percent underdrive pulley with ARP bolts and ATI pinning kit installed

k. Morel 5315 lifters with new GM lifter guides very nice upgraded lifters slow leak down.

l. LSX DOD delete valley cover

m. Dyno and Street tuned for great daily manners.

Other performance modifications over 2500$

2. Kooks 1 7/8 stainless Mid Length headers with Cats installed for a more pleasant odor

3. Vararam over the radiator cold air intake

4. Corsa Cat back stainless exhaust produces a very nice growl without being too annoying.

5. Phoenix torque converters 3200 rpm single disk Stall converter. Allows for nice drivability and better shifts.

6. Camaro Transmission pan with filter

Suspension modifications over 800$

7. Whiteline upper strut mount bushings

8. BMR Super Pro Caster shims

9. Whiteline rear subframe Poly Inserts

10. BMR differential bushing kit

11. BMR Steering rack bushing

12. GXP FE3 Struts on all four corners

13. Mevotech lower control arms (all 4). I did a lot of research and decided to give these a try. I have had great success. No clunks and no issues at all out of these. Very well built arms with better bushings.

Sounds over 1000$

14. G8Designs Double Din dash kit with touch screen air conditioning controls

15. Pioneer AVH X4800BS

16. Sirius tuner

17. Steering wheel button controller

18. Polk 6.5” Coaxial marine grade speakers

19. One JBL 12” subwoofer in sealed box with Polk amplifier installed underneath rear deck.

I am sure I may be missing a few things as far as performance modifications go but that is the majority of everything. Most Modifications were installed in March when the car had 115000 miles on it.

Below are the maintenance items performed

1. Always had mobil 1 synthetic used before me. During my ownership I have used Amsoil Signature Series oil with AC Delco filters

2. Air conditioning compressor was replaced after the pulley was broken when the belt slipped off. I used an aftermarket compressor. Dryer was replaced and system was flushed. I drew a vacuum for 2 hours before filling with Freon. No leaks and worked great through the Texas summer.

3. Replaced the A/C tensioner assembly with the upgraded pulley kit from the Caprice. It has a tensioner plus an idler to prevent the belt oscillation.

4. Rear abs sensor were replaced with OEM units and harness was inspected for know wear issues in certain spots. The harness is in great shape on this car.

5. Front left wheel bearing was replaced with a new OEM unit.

6. All four Tire Pressure Sensors were replaced earlier this year.

7. New TR6 plugs installed last month and new wires were installed earlier this year.

8. Newer steering wheel installed with new silver plastic trim

9. New front Windshield Moldings installed.

10. New leather shifter installed

11. Full four wheel alignment

12. Refreshed transmission fluid

13. Replaced input shaft speed sensors due to code on transmission. Dropped valve body and replaced. No issues since then.

14. New headliner installed with sound deadening and Sound Deadener Showdown CLD tiles installed on roof.

15. New updated Transmission mount

16. New Carrier bearing for driveshaft

17. New door latch catches to stop the annoying click and rattle from the doors.

The car was taken care of before me and I just took it the next step forward. It drives very well true and straight. Handles great and Moves out when you push this skinny pedal. The transmission shifts perfectly with no slippage or funny noises. The exhaust growls and then engine purrs. There are no check engine lights nor tire pressure lights or anything. It has been great to drive but I am moving on to more luxury. The interior is in good shape with no stains on carpet, minor wear on seats, and a few scratches or scuffs on panels. The exterior is in good shape with a few minor rock chips and scratches. The paint shines like new though and I will be doing a second polish and wax in the next couple of weeks.

There are only a few things that need fixed or made aware of

1. The front bumper is cracked and has some rubbing and flexed areas on the bottom. I have a practically new bumper that I bought to have painted and replace this bumper. It does not have any scratches or cracks in it. It is a factory blue bumper but I will include it with the car.

2. The windshield has two small chips right in the center I will have repaired soon. They are not spreading nor do they interfere with the vision of the driver.

3. The rear spoiler looks to have been replaced and repainted before and it does not match perfectly. I was going to have this redone with the front bumper.

4. There is one good scratch the size of a dime on the driver’s door

5. There are multiple shoe chips on the side skirt from someone hitting it when getting in and out. Not really bad but there.

6. The front brakes have new pads installed but there is a slight vibration on higher speed slow downs. It is not really bad right now and probably could just have the rotors turned to stop it.

7. There is some slight wear on the two front seats that is common with the G8s.

8. I have several keys but only one works right now with the car. The other working key’s chip went bad. So it will have to have a new one programmed.

9. The passenger door handle pull broke from the single screw holding it on. I have not removed the door card to see how easy it would be to fix.

I will be taking some more pictures soon but I do have a bunch I can provide of it now. I am looking to get close to 16k out of it. I have close to 8k Invested in all the other parts and such. I know there is not much in it for the modifications but most of the items like the stereo and such I could remove and sell for more. I just want someone to have a good car without the hassle of switching everything over. I have Many stock parts that will go with it including; The factory engine and intake covers, the factory air box, the factory radiator support mounts, The factory mufflers, The factory stereo, and a bunch of other small items. The car would make someone a great daily toy or possibly a move to fix the small things and have a perfect looking IOM G8. I take very good care of my vehicles and would trust this to go anywhere. If you have any questions you can call or text me 9125770485. Thanks.

Attached Images

00Y0Y_AckDmZISlJ_600x450.jpg
(17.4 KB)

13925619_1338601076168394_1932519426944206506_o.jpg
(281.7 KB)

Show more