2013-11-08

Hey everyone,

Starting this Saturday every person that regularly participates in league tournaments will be required to start using the Targex Anti-Cheating System as their source to play SA Classic. I'll let newer/inexperienced tournament participants slide, but once you've participated in 2-3 tournaments you will be expected to start using this (invitational participants will always be expected to use this). The only exception to this policy will be users with Mac OS. TAC will not run on Macs (however, I don't see the lack of Mac support being too much of a problem - to my knowledge, there aren't any hacks for Macs).

I hope the hacker-free environment will make tournaments more enjoyable and competitive for everyone.

Screen:

FAQ:

Where can I download the TAC (Targex Anti-Cheat System)?
Download v1.0

What does this application do?

After each round your information is sent to the main page of the tac.targex.org website; this allows other players to see that you are playing on a secure, hack-free version of SA. In addition, it adds a watermark to the end of the round screen. The watermark is another way to prove that you are a legit player since it makes screen cropping a lot harder to do.

Does it support all operating systems?

Unfortunately, no. It should work on most versions of Windows but it will not work on the Mac OS unless you have Wine.

Does it prevent every type of hack?

It prevents every type of trainer hack (radar, aimbot, widescreen, etc). It does not prevent Cheat Engine since that does not directly manipulate the game code.

Do you store any private data, like my IP?

Nope. All of the data that is received from you is publicly available on the main tac.targex.org website.

How long is my data stored for?

The database is cleared every 24 hours (at 12:00 AM EST) to save on space. Each player log for the 24 hours will hold the 150 most recent game records.

You can read more here.

Show more