2013-07-30

Kingdom Come 5 Presents: Playtime of the Gods

This is basically feedback and predictions on steroids.

Celeste Crimson had no idea where she was, and no idea why she even came. Was it pride, was it honor, was it stupidity? She really didn’t a clue. All she knew is that she had received a letter to come to the present address, alone, and she complied. Having pulled up to the building she was beginning to have second thoughts. Maybe she should have brought Erik or Steven for backup… nah. Gracefully she ascended the stairs and entered.

Celeste: Hello, anyone here?

The building wasn’t as run down on the inside as it appeared to be on the outside, and she moved down the hallway until she got to a giant space that had probably once been part of a factory. She glanced over and saw a number of doors on the side.

Voice: Take the door in the center.

Celeste: Who’s there!

Voice: Woman I don’t have all day. Just get in here so we can start!

Celeste was taken aback, and before she could do anything she felt her body move towards the center door, almost as if it were possessed. She panicked and tried to get away, but the unknown force beckoned her forward. She gripped the doorknob and stepped inside and her jaw immediately dropped. There was no room… it was just a wide open white space that seemed to stretch on for miles. She turned to see an unknown figure sitting at a table with a computer on it.

Voice: It took you long enough, Celeste. Any idea how long I’ve been waiting on you?

Cautiously she approached the figure with a dumbfounded. She had no idea who he was and how he even knew who she was. She watched as he hit the button on the computer on the desk. In amazement the floor itself began to light up as if she was standing on a giant light bulb.

Celeste: Who are you?

He smiled and picked up a pencil. Absentmindedly he began to twirl it around in his hand.

Voice: I am merely an avatar the being that created you. You can call me Echelon.

Celeste began to laugh as her raucous laughter began to fill the space. The being that created her? How absurd.

Celeste: So you’re saying that you’re God or something?

Echelon: I’m merely an avatar of the being that could be considered a god, yes. Your creator.

Celeste: You’d see while I’d think you’re insane right? And now if you’ll excuse me I’ll be leaving…

Echelon: I’m sorry, but I can’t let you do that. I have a deadline, and I called you here for a reason, so why don’t you cool off a bit?

A torrent of water suddenly fell from the blank sky knocking her to the ground and completely soaking her.

Echelon: Why don’t you dry off?

She was starting to get pissed off. She watched as Echelon twirled his pencil and stood up from his chair. He wasn’t very tall, actually noticeably shorter than she was.

Celeste: For a representative of a god you aren’t all that impressive, Shorty.

He shook his head and waved the tip of his pencil towards her.

Echelon: I’d watch whom I was calling “Shorty.”

Her body began to feel strange, suddenly it looked as if the man was getting taller and taller, when it dawned on her that she was the one getting smaller and smaller. Her clothes no longer fit, and everything hung loosely.

Celeste: What did you do!? I’m a goddamn child!

Now it was his turn to laugh, as he looked her up and down.

Echelon: Now this takes me back. I haven’t seen this side of you since 2006.

Celeste: Alright fine, you win! Now just change me back!

He raised the eraser part of the pencil and waved it at her. Suddenly her body righted itself and changed back into the voluptuous middle aged beauty she had been just moments before. He moved over to the desk and created another chair with his pencil.

Echelon: Have a seat, so we can get started.

She sat down and moved closer to the table.

Celeste: So what are we doing?

Echelon: Feedback.

Celeste: Feedback?

Echelon: For role plays.

Celeste: Role plays?

Echelon: Think of it as playtime of the gods.

She watched as he hit another button on the computer as a large block of text appeared on the screen. Suddenly the infinite space in between them began to shift as giant text began to form on the sky and floor beneath her. Curiously she began to read…

Quote:

“But as you just said I’m not like you. At Kingdom Come if Barbosa explodes like he did before then I’ll be there to meet him head on. I’d rather neither of us win the contendership if it comes to that. He hurt you, and he embarrassed me. And if he tries to finish the job he started because the voices in his head have gotten to him then I am not going to 'just take it.' I have my pride to you know-”

“And you don’t think I do? I am supposed to protect you now! You’ve done enough for me already and I don’t want you to kill yourself for me; we’re supposed to go to Eden together, and I don’t want to have to wheel you there!”

I threw up my arms; this was appalling. I knew he was hiding something but to be this petty, this wasn’t like Steven at all. I could feel the temperature inside the mound beginning to rise as our tempers flared.

“And there’s the macho man persona. The brave King Holmes riding out to meet his foes in one last epic battle while the queen has to sit back and watch, what about what I want? What about my destiny? Do you remember what I get if I win?”

… This was part of the confrontation between her and Steven. Those were her words; her voice on the screen!

Echelon: It should look familiar; it was my role play for Kingdom Come. And now we’re going to look at a few others.

Celeste: The other gods?

Echelon: Yeah, I told those fuckers I’d do something special. And after talking to Miko I came up with this idea.

Celeste: Wait, You consulted a shrine maiden?

Echelon: Absolutely. Don’t you know S.H.I.T?

Celeste: The robot? That brings up nothing but bad memories. I still haven’t gotten over my defeat last year.

Echelon: Miko’s the god that created him. Taking his advice I’m going to take my five favorite role plays from Kingdom Come and you’re going to help me.

Celeste: What do you want me to do?

Echelon: I’ll critique the scene, and you’ll critique the character.

Celeste: Sounds simple enough.

The computer began to hum as the words in the sky began to shift to outline the first role play. Celeste watched in awe as the whole space of the room began to fill with words on the ceiling and walls. Vivid, bright, and easy to read.

Kingdom Come 5 – Pewter Trophy

The Crock / Sam Smith

Celeste let out a sneer and turned her nose up.

Echelon: Problem, Celeste?

Celeste: I’ve never liked Sam, and quite frankly I think he’s a self righteous prick.

Echelon: That shows that how good of a writer Crock is. I’ve been a fan of his ever since last year, and he always delivers quality storytelling.

Celeste: Since last year? You don’t mean…

Echelon: All or Nothing.

Celeste: 6 months of my life wasted toiling in the undercard simply because you couldn’t get the job done.

Echelon: Watch it. Regardless of the outcome of Kingdom Come I have a feeling you’ll get your hands on Smith again. This might be your life, but to Crock and I this is only a game, and this RP demonstrates that he can indeed deliver even with his back against the wall.

Celeste: My life is just a game. I’m truly just a piece on a chessboard. Never have I felt so depressed…

Echelon: Look at the way Crock crafts his dialogue, the emotion is crisp but simple enough not to be completely overwhelming. This is the reason why he’s getting the Pewter Trophy from me.

Celeste looked at the words in the sky as she read. Even though she despised Sam she couldn’t help but feel for him having lost a potential child.

Celeste: I can’t believe he suffered that much. I suppose if anything happened to Nero I’d become a monster too.

Echelon: It really tugs at your heart strings doesn’t it? I felt the narration was a little thin in some areas, especially around the transitions and scene changes. But otherwise Crock should be happy with this effort.

The words in the room disappeared as they began to shift, Crock’s roleplay giving way to the next award. Celeste watched as new words began to take shape, spiraling around the floor on the giant screen of a room before finally settling in place in the sky.

Kingdom Come – Bronze Trophy

Numbers / Grand Mystique

Celeste: There’s a name I haven’t heard in a while.

Echelon: Don’t you pay attention to other superstars in the fed?

Celeste: If they aren’t directly opposing Steven and me, why should I bother? I have no time to squash cockroaches.

Echelon: Grand Mystique may not be at the level of David Cougar or Drake Callahan, but he’s the most imposing force in the mid card. He may not be a champion, but he commands a small army that, if not contained at Kingdom Come, you might be seeing him soon.

Celeste: I doubt it. So what makes this role play so great?

Echelon: Numbers has such a smooth grasp on his dialogue that it’s easy to see the concept of the story he’s trying to weave. Each roleplay in this match is like a puzzle piece that will reveal an even bigger picture, and of all those pieces his roleplay reveals the most.

Celeste: So many scenes in this story. I guess that lifestyle comes with the territory of being a leader like the Grand Mystique.

Echelon: And Numbers did such a great job tying the whole story together, especially in the last scene. It’s no secret that The Sacrificial Alter has had some problems building up steam, and he highlights GM really trying to rally everyone, while capturing the emotions of his subordinates. Now one thing that Numbers does struggle with writing solid descriptions, and that goes day to his days as Austin Reynolds.

Celeste: Wait, so this Numbers guy created Reynolds too? That explains so much…

Echelon: And I can see that here. The roleplay is dialogue heavy, but lacks many quality transitions, especially from scene to scene. The pace just moves too fast in some areas when he really could have used a paragraph of description just setting up the scene to drive it. In a match like this with so many pieces on the board, where the roleplay needs to be a vivid as possible because that affects the picture we see in the end.

Ultimately I’m giving Numbers this award because I felt he did the best job at tying together all the information about the War Games feud and match, without bringing in too much unnecessary information that doesn’t really pertain to the feud itself.

And once again the words began to shift across the vast empty space, counting down the next award. As she watched, Celeste managed to catch a name or two, and her expression soon turned from one of inquiry to neutrality.

Kingdom Come – Silver Trophy

Falkon / Sandy Deserts

Echelon: What’s the matter Celeste, you seemed spaced out. Are you surprised to see your former best friend on my list?

She scoffed and turned away.

Celeste: It’s not that. I’ve always had faith in Sandy’s abilities, but I haven’t really been following her at all. I’ve got my thing, and she does hers.

Echelon: She’s found herself one tough opponent in Dr. Zeus.

Celeste: Dr. Zeus? I’ve never met him, but I’ve heard rumors that he’s supposed to be batshit crazy and extremely vicious.

Echelon: Those rumors are true. The god that created him is very talented, and knows how to portray him well. That being said Falkon’s role play may have toppled him. This role play was brilliant in the fact that Falkon really amped up the emotion to the highest level, which was exactly what he needed to do.

Celeste: I’ve always seen Sandy as being a hit and miss kind of performer. Maybe her creator is the same way.

Echelon: You remember your old pal Steven Kurtesy, right? Falkon created him too.

Celeste: Jesus… what happened?

Echelon: Nothing. And he demonstrated that same ability that he used to turn back Ty Burna at Kingdom Come 4 here. The dialogue was easy to read, and it was focused entirely on match, the feud, and defeating Zeus. Take a look at this line…

Quote:

... DORIAN GEIGEL IS NO GOD!

Your reign of terror will end before it will truly begin Zeus and the nightmares and chaos that you encourage will join you in the abyss as the dreams of the people will be restored! Darkness may rule this night, the next and forever after but at least there will be someone like the Sandman to protect the dreams of the defenseless and keep the nightmares at bay. I am not bothered with how long it takes to achieve such a dream but make no mistake Zeus, I will personally make sure that the demise of your name and the fear it brings along with it will go smoothly and your Kingdom you reign atop your own personal Olympus will perish as the world says goodbye and goodnight to Dr. Zeus."

… that’s perfect. He took his time, really wrote from his heart, and delivered something special. The only major gripe that I have is that while his descriptions are brief, I wish he could have used a few breaks inside a few of those big blocks of text.

Echelon pointed skyward at one of the giant blocks of text that made up Falkon’s roleplay, as it literally blocked out the entire ceiling. The vast whiteness of space bled purple as far as the eye could see. It was a little hard on the eyes.

Celeste: I can feel what’s going on in her heart, but I have no idea what’s going on inside that brunette head of hers. Or… is she a blond now?

Echelon: Indeed. The descriptions could have been a bit richer, but he relays Sandy’s emotion just fine. It’s commendable enough for me to give him the Silver Trophy.

Echelon hits another key on the computer and the text begins to shift once more. This time Celeste’s eyes become assaulted by the smorgasbord of bright colors and the only piece of text that she could really make out were the words “The End” as the role play shifted itself into place.

Kingdom Come 5 - Golden Trophy

Doctor / Action Saxton

Echelon: This was one of the role plays I was waiting for, and I admit that in the past I haven’t always been fair to Doc all the time, but this time it really wasn’t just because he’s retiring Saxton.

Celeste: Say what?

Echelon: The news isn’t supposed to officially break in the WZCW universe until Wednesday at the pay per view, so don’t going blabbing to Holmes and the lot that he’s leaving. Last thing we need is dirt sheets spoiling everything for the fans.

Celeste: Whatever you say boss. I’ve always respected Saxton. He’s goofy, but likeable. Even now I really don’t have a problem with him.

Echelon: And who knows. Maybe Doc will decide to bring Erin Toyota into the fed.

Celeste: Who?

Echelon: You fought her at All Stars last year; she’s that robot schoolgirl from ROSE.

Celeste: I was way too drunk to remember half of anything that happened that night.

Echelon: But you remember what happened between you and Saxton and Saboteur beforehand right?

Celeste: They stole a helicopter from the Japanese mafia, and we all ended up in a big brawl together against a bunch of pissed off bikers and ninjas. You can’t really forget something like that.

Echelon: Anyway this role play was exactly the type of fun that I wanted to see from Doc during his last run with Saxton. It was funny, charming, the dialogue was polished and flowed vibrantly, and the descriptions and narrations were top notch.

Celeste watched as Echelon punched a few keys on the monitor and moved the mouse, as the dialogue on the ceiling reformatted to include just one segment.

Quote:

"Anyway, back to my grave news," Bateman continued. "After doing a thorough investigation of the WZCW Roster, it's come to my attention that the men you will be facing at Kingdom come, Rush and Sam Smith, are Rombuloids."

"No!" Saxton gasped. "It's a disaster! It's a natural disaster! It's a goddamn Sharknado! It's- What the hell are Rombuloids?"

"I'm glad you asked," Bateman said. He turned towards the wall and pulled a diagram of a Rombuloid's basic anatomy from the ceiling. "Saxton, Rombuloids are creatures from another dimension, and they are all united by their sheer hatred for the great country we call America."

Action Saxton nodded. "It is unfortunate that we have two Rombuloids in our midst, sucka," he said. "Do you have any details of their evil plan? I mean, I been seein' how those suckas operate and they gotta have the evillest of plans."

"You better bet your bottom dollar," Vance said. "These Rombuloids have cooked up the most evil plan yet! According to an ancient law written on the back of the Declaration of Independence, if two people sing a new national anthem at a sporting event attended by over five-thousand people, that new anthem will be officially recognized as the national anthem of the United States of America!"

Echelon: Read that and tell me it’s not hilarious.

One line in particular caught her eye and she began to laugh hysterically.

Celeste: Sharknado? Steven and I watched that not too long ago. It’s the one movie that so downright awful it’s actually good. It’s like Battlefield Earth without taking itself seriously.

Echelon: And not only that but it’s heartfelt too. Doc really captures Saxton’s emotions going into the match. And even though it’s goofy and over the top, you can feel the character’s pride and sense of accomplishment as he lives what might be one of his last moments.

Really the only serious errors that I could find were some spelling and grammar mistakes; stuff that should have been caught during post production.

Celeste: Post production? Are the gods making movies here?

Echelon: I suppose the romantic in me may have liked to have seen a more heart felt good bye between Saxton and Sabotuer, but the antics at the end were fitting for the character. After all, Saxton did just save America.

Echelon punched another key and the space in the room began to shift one last time. Doctor’s role play faded out and was replaced with one more set of text. Celeste stared as a sea of blue and pink text filled the space as the literature settled laying out the detailed scenes row by row.

Kingdom Come 5 – Platinum Trophy

Infinity / Vega

Celeste: Well this is certainly an odd choice to give your top prize to.

Echelon: How so?

Celeste: This Vega guy’s a virtual unknown. Sure he’s been Mayhem champion for a long time, but he hardly has any decent competition.

Echelon: His creator Infinity is very talented, and his writing shows that. Now he does have a bad habit of going off on strange tangents and side stories that have little to do with the angle he’s working or the match he’s got coming up. But he’s starting to really improve, and the fact that I can now see exactly how Vega feels about being the mayhem champion, about being constantly overlooked, about having to constantly prove himself even though he doesn’t have to. That’s the type of emotion that sets him apart from others in his class… even though Vega’s a bad guy, Infinity writes him as a tragic figure that actually does garner sympathy.

Celeste: I see. Even though he’s not supposed to succeed, those reading his story can’t help to see where it goes.

Echelon: As long as Infinity stays focused on building Vega’s story both inside and outside the ring then I think he’ll go very far. Now obviously the role play needed some improvement, as the lines of pure dialogue seemed to blur and could really have used some character descriptions beside them aside from the brief narration every other paragraph.

Celeste: The parts about his mother were disturbing.

Echelon: Quite, but at the same time it frames the picture that Infinity was trying to paint – that Vega is evil, has few redeeming qualities, and is desperate to hold on to the qualities that define his identity. If Ace Stevens is the light, then Vega is the darkness.

I’ve yet to see Infinity really tested in a big storyline with multiple elements, and this was a major improvement from his Lethal Lottery submission. As long as Vega keeps moving forward then Infinity will reach the heights that he wants. I’m giving him my Platinum Trophy because I’ve felt like he’s shown the most improvement, despite his fluctuations. Should he be able to become more consistent, Vega’ll be a huge player in the future.

Celeste leaned back into her chair as the avatar of her creator finished giving his comments on the subject at hand.

Celeste: Was that the last prize, all the trophies have been handed out?

Echelon: Yes, but now I want to look at the Kingdom Come card more in depth. I have my predictions, but what about you?

Celeste: The only other match that I care about besides mine is the triple threat for the WZCW title.

Echelon: Oh I’m sure you could make great predictions if you wanted too. Let’s see here…

Celeste watched as he clicks the mouse and presses a button or two as the text from the role play disappeared and was replaced by the first match on the Kingdom Come 5 card.

Ace Stevens versus Vega – Mayhem Championship

Echelon: Let’s look at the first match on the card that shows up in the Playtime of the Gods. It’s where we craft the universes of our game pieces.

Celeste: I could have guessed that.

Echelon: So Ace Stevens versus Vega for the Mayhem championship, who do you fancy?

Celeste: Stevens has the advantage going into the match doesn’t he? If I recall, he defeated Vega not too long ago. That’s probably the reason why he was given this match.

Echelon: I’m going to have to go with Vega. I felt like Infinity’s role play was better, and that Sanka’s fell a bit short of the hype.

Celeste’s Pick = Stevens

Echelon’s Pick = If Vega doesn’t win then I request that all creative members be completely sober before casting their votes.

The avatar clicked the mouse and scrolls down to the next match, which appeared into the vast open space in big letters. Photos of the two combats appeared above the text, highlighting the next match.

Wasabi Toyota versus S.H.I.T versus Constantine – Elite X Championship

Echelon: What about Wasabi Toyota versus S.H.I.T versus Constantine for the Elite X championship?

Celeste: To me Wasabi is a non factor; in fact I don’t even think he should be in this match at all. SHIT was the one that got the victory over Constantine weeks ago. But even so I think Constantine’s going to retain. Kingdom Come brings the best out of everyone, and Constantine at his best is better than SHIT at his.

Echelon: Miko has shown he can defeat Dave when it counts, while Disarray certainly is no slouch. If I were a betting man I’d have my money down on SHIT to win the title.

Celeste’s pick = Constantine

Echelon’s pick = S.H.I.T you dumb cunt.

He reached down and clicked onto the next match, as it replaced the Elite X title match.

Drake Callahan versus David Cougar versus Steven Holmes – WZCW Championship

Echelon: Here we go, the main event, Drake Callahan versus David Cougar versus Steven Holmes for the WZCW championship.

Celeste: Steven’s going to win. There’s no other answer and I can’t fathom anything else. I have complete faith that he can do this. Let David and Drake tear each other apart, even if he has to pick up the pieces.

Echelon: I supposed it’s my fault for giving you a heart that can feel so vibrantly, but my money’s on Drake here. Harthan had the best role play of the three, and really I wanted to give him my Platinum Trophy, but I felt I couldn’t give him enough negative reinforcement to improve upon. These three are currently considered the best of the best for a valid reason. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Drake leave with the title.

Celeste: Well that’s a bummer.

Celeste’s pick = Anyone other than Steven would likely put her into a deep depression.

Echelon’s pick = Drake Callahan

He reached down and scrolled the mouse, which brought up the next match up onto the blank space in front of them.

Titus versus Chris KO – Eurasian Championship

Echelon: The next match is Titus versus Chris KO for the Eurasian championship.

Celeste: Chris should win this match. He just won that title if I recall; he’s not going to give it up that easily, even if it’s against Titus.

Echelon: I felt Lee had the better role play; I wouldn’t be surprised if Titus claims victory here.

Celeste: I think you’re underestimating Chris. Surely his creator’s good enough to beat this Lee guy.

Echelon: Not when Lee’s on top of his game. If Kermit manages to let Chris retain, then I’ll be impressed.

Celeste: As in the frog? Come to think of it fried frog sounds delicious.

Celeste’s pick = Chris KO

Echelon’s pick = I've heard many Tit related legends about this man.

The next match popped up onto the screen.

Saxoteur versus Sam Smith and Rush – WZCW Tag Team Championship

Echelon: Saboteur and Action Saxton versus Sam Smith and Rush for the WZCW tag team championships.

Celeste: Sam and Rush are both very tough opponents, so naturally I do want to vote for them…

Echelon: But…

Celeste: A part of me wants to see the champs retain, now that I know this is Saxton’s last match.

Echelon: I agree, and I think that’s possible. JGlass’s role play was a bit underwhelming, but at the same time it filled in the emotional gaps that were really missing with Doc’s role play. Crock really did the best he could with Smith trying to develop him the best he could as limited as this angle’s been shaped up to be, and the wildcard was Rush. And even though Merk did write up something for Rush, it’s not exactly the type of quality that I would expect from someone like him for Kingdom Come. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the champions retain.

Celeste’s pick = The team that doesn’t have a bunch of jive sucka’s.

Echelon’s pick = I heard Yellowstone’s due to erupt this week. Sorry Crock.

The computer hummed as the text shifted, and the next match settled into place on the vast space before them.

The Sacrificial Altar versus Team Strikeforce

Echelon: The Sacrificial Alter versus Team Strikeforce in a War Games match.

Celeste: Now that you’ve explained this match to me in more depth than I previously would have cared to understand, I do think it’s an interesting match.

Echelon: Indeed. Like I said, every role play is merely a piece of a puzzle that will paint a larger puzzle. The question is who do you think is capable of painting the better picture?

Celeste: That’s a question you could answer better than I could. I’m more interested in seeing this War Games concept.

Echelon: If I had to choose a winning team I’d go with the Sacrificial Alter. I think after losing and coming up short and having trouble building momentum has given them all the emotional outlet to explore their team deeper than just “we’re all brothers in the same cause” like Strikeforce. Both Meeks and TheRealDC did put emphasis on how the personal lives of Jacobs and DC are going to affect them going into the match, but I felt it was the Alter as a whole that made me believe they were all willing to go the extra mile to win rather than just person A or person B on team Strikeforce.

Celeste’s pick = Doesn’t care as long as there’s complete carnage everywhere.

Echelon’s pick = Sacrificial Altar

The room began to glow once more, as the text of the next match danced across the ceilings, floors, and walls before settling in front of them.

Doctor Zeus vs Sandy Deserts

Echelon: Now obviously Zeus’s creator didn’t go all out in this match like he has been doing in previous rounds, and he poked the bear enough to receive a phenomenal effort from Falkon.

Celeste: Zeus’s creator wouldn’t be named Kronos would he? Seems like it would be obvious.

Echelon: Actually he goes by many names, but I doubt a god could be overthrown by his own creation as easily as Kronos was. Anyway my money’s on Sandy here. Falkon brought it hard, and I think he’s tired of Sandy being a punching bag. I wouldn’t be surprised to see these two feuding through Redemption.

Celeste: At least Sandy’s making something of herself. I’m glad me beating some sense into her months ago didn’t destroy her career.

Celeste’s pick = Zeus gets sodomized by Rowdy Roddy Pipe.

Echelon’s pick = Sandy

The text changed again as another block of text began to fill the room as it whirled across the empty vastness of the space.

Krypto versus Alhazred – Power Glove on a pole match

Celeste: So I’m guessing this going to be the bathroom break match, right? I can’t stand either of these guys.

Echelon: It was actually predicted several months ago that you were going to wind up feuding with Alhazred at Kingdom Come.

Celeste: Hell no. I think I’d rather job to Darren Bull than work another match with Alhazred. The man gyrated his junk in front of my face more times than I’ll ever need counseling for. At least when Drake did the same thing it was more subtle.

Echelon: Oh come on. Red Skull’s a great writer when he wants to be. I think the two of you would likely have had great chemistry. However, I’ve been digging this feud so far with Missy, Facecrush, the power pickle, and most importantly the glove.

Dynamite had the better role play and should come off with the win; but the match should be entertaining.

Celeste: Do not want…

Celeste’s pick = I hope the ceiling in the arena collapses, falls, and kills them both.

Echelon’s pick = Krypto.

The text changed one last time, showing the final match on the card.

Celeste Crimson versus Barbosa – Winner becomes #1 Contender

Echelon: Should I even ask?

Celeste: Of course I’m going to win; what insane reason would you have to doubt your own creation?

Echelon: Other than the fact that I respect Barbosa’s creator.

Celeste: One question – is Barbosa’s creator just as crazy as he is?

Echelon: He’s a historian, so maybe. Though I’ve never heard him insist that “aliens did it” as an answer to stuff he doesn’t know. This match can easily go either way, the difference being that if I lose I still have a chance to plow through the tournament that’s coming up and win the #1 Contendership that way, while Barbosa does not.

Celeste’s pick = If she doesn’t win she’ll likely cry.

Echelon’s pick = Declined to give one.

He shut the computer down, as the room went back to its original lifeless state.

Echelon: Now we’re done, Celeste. You can take you leave.

Celeste: Oh? And this was just starting to become fun.

The avatar raised his pencil and swung it as Celeste felt herself flying through the air, through the building before landing back outside. She remembered nothing about what just happened to her other than the fact that she was supposed to be at a meeting. She looked up at the building in front of her and saw it was the wrong address.

Playtime of the gods was over for now, but it would begin again soon with even more feedback and predictions. Enjoy Kingdom Come 5 everyone!

Show more