2013-07-16

Click for Spoiler:

(Writer's Note: In order to get through shows easier, many TV matches will be a bit recapped or summarized. Important matches on TV and all PPV matches, as well as all promos, will be done in full, so bear with me here.)

*****Monday Night Raw*****

*****LIVE From New York City*****

***Hell Yeah (Rev Theory) - OPENING PACKAGE***

The camera pans throughout the arena in NYC as pyrotechnic displays explode on stage and from the ring posts, and Jerry Lawler and JR welcome us to the post-Wrestlemania episode of Monday Night Raw! They discuss the historic implications of Vince McMahon and Triple H's announcement at the end of last night's show, and inform us that numerous superstars have been released from their contracts and their are now only four active championships in the company. They also mention how John Cena defeated The Rock, followed by The Rock announcing he will be leaving the WWE for an unknown amount of time. They mention that John Cena will defend his newly won title against Alberto Del Rio this evening, in a match Del Rio was given after his World Championship was removed from the WWE. They hype the fact that this will be the most historic RAW in years as the camera pans to see Ricardo Rodriguez standing alone in the ring.

Rodriguez: Señoras y señores, el único campeón del mundo real, Albertoooooooooooo Del Riooooooooooo!

***Realeza 2013***

ADR drives a very expensive looking Black Rolls Royce out, and parks it beside the stage. He is dressed in a fine black suit, and has a serious look on his face, clearly upset about no longer having his title. He is not the smiling, cocky Del Rio this evening, and he looks to have something to say. He takes the mic from Rodriguez and is ready to speak.

ADR: Tonight, I appear before you all, title-less. While I should be celebrating tonight, celebrating the fact that I retained my title against Jack Swagger at Wrestlemania, I now must wrestle again tonight to earn the right to be called a champion again. You see, Vince McMahon and Triple H, thought it would be good business to only have one heavyweight championship. And while I do agree, I do not understand why I was the one stripped of my title. With my carrying of the belt, the World Heavyweight Championship was the most prestigious title in the WWE, held by a true, world-class performer. Where as the WWE Championship means absolutely nothing, carried by a classless, young thug, by the name of John Cena.

The crowd boos as ADR puts down their favorite.

Cena is a pathetic champion. He is nothing but a punk! This is not the kind of man who should be a champion, who should represent our company. I, on the other hand, am. I am an aristocrat. A real man's man, self-made and glorious. I have more class in my right thumb, than John Cena - or any of you New York scum - have in your entire bodies! Yet, I get stripped of MY title while John Cena gets to keep his and-

***The Time is Now***

The crowd explodes as the familiar theme of The Cenation Leader hits. NYC explodes as John Cena hits the stage, clad in his jorts and a gold Cenation t-shirt. He speaks to the camera before sprinting towards the ring, sliding underneath the ropes. He stares at ADR while walking to get a mic, and to the delight of the fans, shut Del Rio up.

Cena: Alberto, firstly, I'm sorry that you lost your title. I really am. However, you don't need to take it personally. The WWE championship is the most historic title in the history of pro wrestling, and it's the one that's been here all along, not just since 2002. That's the reason my title is still active. And you whine about having to earn the championship after never losing it - and I feel ya man. The fact is, though, I have to defend it, the night after the most grueling match in my career against The Rock!

The fans cheer loudly for the blockbuster the two put on, as chants of "Thank You, Rock" and "Let's Go, Cena" breakout. Cena signals to the crowd to quiet down for him.

I mean, after last night Alberto, there are other things I'd rather do too. Since you wanna put me down though, call me a thug and say my championship means nothing, I can say that I absolutely cannot wait to beat you in the center of this ring tonight and retain MY championship!

The crowd pops loudly but Del Rio looks unimpressed.

ADR: John, John, mi amigo. That's where you're wrong. You won't beat me tonight. I'm in the prime of my career, and you aren't going to stop me. I realize destiny once again this evening, and I will become WWE Champion again, and be the real champion of this company.

John holds his title up and points at it, staring down Alberto.

Cena: Well, Alberto, all I gotta say is, IF YOU WANT SOME, COME GET-

Del Rio drops his mic and slaps Cena in the face. John drops his title and goes after Del Rio, as the two begin brawling in the middle of the ring. They exchange rights and lefts as the bell is ringed multiple times at ringside to call for a stop. Referees run to ringside to seperate the two, as JR and Lawler hype the intensity that the main event will have tonight! The show heads to commercial as Del Rio and Cena are being held apart in the ring.

--------------------

***End of Days***

The bareknuckle fighter from England, Wade Barrett, dressed in ring attire and his black robe, walks toward the ring, with his theme from The Corre being re-debuted. He has an evil look on his face, as the commentators discuss how he must feel after losing his Intercontinental Championship. They mention he has tough competition to face in veteran Chris Jericho tonight.

***Break The Walls Down***

A huge pop for Chris Jericho, looking to bounce back from him loss to Fandango the previous evening. He walks towards the ring ready to do battle with Barrett, as the night's opener looks to be solid. As Jericho gets to the ring, he looks ready to go as Barrett sheds his robe. The referee rings the bell to get us underway.

Match 1: Chris Jericho vs. Wade Barrett

The two men circle each other before locking up in the middle of the ring. They exchange lock-ups and punches before Barrett gets an early advantage. He uses his power to take Jericho to the mat, and takes advantage of the smaller man with numerous tosses and slams. However, Jericho manages to get an advantage with a drop toe hold, and works on the body of Barrett with various submission locks, working on the legs to take away the big man's base and to set up The Walls Of Jericho. As he attempts to weaken Barrett's base some more, Wade manages to get some reversals in. The two men exchange counter heading towards the middle of the match, as the commentators harp on the fact that these two know each other well from their NXT days, where Jericho coached Barrett.

Wade locks in a bear hug, sucking energy from Jericho before hitting a deadly right to stun him. A series of power moves follows, with suplexes and slams getting near falls for the Englishman. Jericho goes for a kick to the gut as Barrett tries to slowly chip away, and manages to get the energy flowing. He hits some high octane offense from his cruiserweight days on Barrett, before he lays him out with a neckbreaker near the ropes. Jericho looks around and gets an idea, and springboards to go for a Lionsault, but meets nothing but mat and Wade dodges the assualt. He drags Jericho up and lifts him to his shoulders, before hitting a devastating Wastelands. He goes for the pin and gets a 1...2...3!

Click for Spoiler:

Winner: Wade Barrett (6:51)

"End of Days" plays again as Barrett stands tall in victory. JR and Lawler mention that Barrett looks strong as ever even after losing his title, and that he could be in serious contention for the WWE Championship. The focus switches to JR and Lawler as the hype up the innagural "Retribution" even, as a promo video plays about it for the fans at home. As we return, Yoshi Tatsu is standing in the ring with his music playing.

***Next Big Thing***

Brock Lesnar enters the arena to boos, and does his trademark entrance before entering the ring. Yoshi is still standing in his corner as the bell rings.

Match 2: Brock Lesnar vs. Yoshi Tatsu

It's clear to most of the fans how this will turn out. Yoshi attempt some small offense but gets nothing of note in before Lesnar takes total control. He viciously tosses Tatsu around the ring, making sure to focus on the entire body in his assault. He throws Yoshi around in various suplexes before hitting a vicious looking backbreaker. He then takes Yoshi's limp body and lifts it to his shoulders, before hitting a crushing F5. He locks in a Kimura lock, as Yoshi is too damaged to tap. The ref calls for the bell as Brock relinquishes his hold. He asks for a microphone as the referee checks on Tatsu.

Click for Spoiler:

Winner: Brock Lesnar (1:02)

Lesnar: After last night, it's clear to me that..I need to re-think some things, and look over what I'm doing here. So I would like to announce that I'm taking some time off here in the WWE.

He drops the mic as the crowd is in utter shock. He leaves the ring, where Tatsu is now rolling around and showing life, and walks to the back with no music. JR and Lawler are in shock as well, wondering what is going through Brock's head. They discuss the implications this could have and when he may return as the show goes to commercial.

Show more