2013-08-15

So I'm sleeping in this morning, down in South Florida, and I look over to the nightstand at the glossy FLEX Magazine I bought for the flights over. Kai Greene looks stellar on the cover. I remember flipping through the magazine, searching for those annoying subscription cards - especially the one inconveniently attached throughout the book (making it awkward to read). After getting rid of most of the cards, I came across the one bearing the famous shot of Nasser doing cable triceps extensions - "that one stays."

It's about respect.

Nasser El Sonbaty, according to many, was one of the greatest bodybuilders of his time. Whatever his opinions and/or positions on matters outside of bodybuilding (or after his career may have been), he remains one of the all-time best. I made a tribute page for him and successfully lobbied to have airtime spent entirely on him. It was important that this be done.

2013 has been a tough year. We've lost true legends like the Master Blaster JOE WEIDER, Nasser, & Matt Duvall. And while a different calendar year, it hasn't even been a full year since we lost 3x Mr. Olympia Sergio Oliva. It's been hard to be a bodybuilding fan as of late.

For the tribute I created, I was fortunate enough to get guest comments from IFBB Pros John Simmons, Ron Love, Joe Romine, Andy Haman, & Colette Nelson. I was also able to correspond with Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates, who also gave a very nice on the record comment and had some very nice off the record things to say. Other, great guest comments were received from Mel Chancey, John Romano, Dan Eslinger, Shiloe Steinmetz, Lee Hayward, & Isaac Hinds.

Any comments, photos, videos you post, would be greatly appreciated. There's SO much stuff out on the net. I'd love to see some rare and obscure stuff. I know Curt is a legend at finding that kinda stuff online.

Show more