2016-12-17

I apologize if my messages are too long or if I break any rules or if this thread doesn't belong here please inform me so that I can fix the problem I'm new here and have not used a Forum in over 7 years I joined the Sega Forums solely for the purpose of getting into the Yakuza series.

Hello I am new to the Yakuza / Ryu Ga Gotoku series so new infact that I haven't played a single Yakuza Game yet.

I discovered the series sometime in October while doing some research on obscure or lesser known hidden gems for the Playstation 3.

I started reading about the Yakuza series and although I knew of it's existence I assumed it to be like Grand Theft Auto but in Japan. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is a slightly open world beat-em-up series of games offering a massive variety of Gameplay with diverse and beautiful environments pulled straight out of Japan.

So I've done alot of research into the various games and know the basic plot of some of the games and have watched several hours of gameplay from some of the games and watched videos and read information online intended for newcomers to the series.

At this point I am quite obsessed with the idea of the series and what it offers and I so dearly want to start playing the games.

Ofcourse I will not have money to spend on hobbies / luxuries until January I have mainly joined the Sega forums to get advice and guidance from other fans of the Yakuza series so that I can get all of the games without spending crazy amounts of money aswell as to meet people who have been into the series for years and discuss the games with them.

So first of all I consider myself something of a collector I have never gotten rid of a game or console / handheld gaming device since I started playing games at 4 years old my Collection is comprised of over 500 games on everything Nintendo and Playstation from Super Nintendo to the Playstation 4 that includes a version of every handheld device in that time frame except Playstation Vita.

I'm not picky in my collecting as I buy games to play myself and don't sell them or plan to sell them any time soon so I can settle for a partially roughed up original box or case for a game with a working disc or better so I don't need factory sealed games when collecting all of the U.S. released games in the Yakuza series.

I intend to get every U.S. released Yakuza game physical in original case copy from 1 and 2 on the Playstation 2 to 3, 4 and Dead Souls on the Playstation 3 and eventually Yakuza 0, Kiwami and 6 when they release on Playstation 4 including the digital only release of Yakuza 5 on the Playstation 3.

Suffering from severe OCD I am a person that likes to play game series in order of their release or timeline though I am okay with playing games out of order or only certain games for series with little continuity or continuation from game to game.

The Yakuza series however is an ongoing series where every game is heavily connected and follow each other with the same cast so I intent to play it in the order of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 0, Kiwami, and 6 Dead Souls being a Non-Canon Spin-off I can play at any point after I have completed 4.

I am going to use my preferred online shopping website Amazon to buy every U.S. released game whether new or In decent condition in Original Box depending on what I can get for the best price.

The Exception is Yakuza 2...Why did it have to be Yakuza 2.

I like to play games in the comfort of my home on a high definition TV on consoles with a controller in my hand.

I really don't want to go through all of the technical hassle and complications of trying to emulator Yakuza 2 and my computer is nearly 9 years old and gives me trouble all of the time.

I also do not want to play the region free Japanese remasters as I want to play a game in English (Yes I'm aware the entire series except 1 is subtitles only) and having to constantly check translations and guides just to know what is going on does not sound like fun.

And Sega having a history of neglecting the Yakuza series and never releasing Yakuza 1 and 2 remastered in the west or so little as bringing us a digital release of Yakuza 2 means that my only option is to get my hands on an actual copy of Yakuza 2 for the Playstation 2.

Amazon won't do the cheapest options there are 130 $ Dollars or higher.

I plan to get Yakuza 2 through Ebay a website I have never used before so hopefully I don't get scammed or end up buying a copy of Yakuza 2 that doesn't work.

At first I was trying to find around 70 Dollars or cheaper and it had to be an in the Original Case but Yakuza 2 is so extremely rare that out of desperation to get my hands on an In original box copy of Yakuza 2 I will go as high as 80 $ dollars or 90 but no higher out of desperation.

So at this point I've decided I will be buying Yakuza 2 disc only for 70 Dollars or lower or 90 Dollars or lower if Yakuza 2 is in box and I so desperately prefer to get an in box copy.

Ofcourse I won't have money until January.

I've been obsessively check Yakuza 2 on Ebay everyday since Novmeber and seen several in box copies of Yakuza 2 come and go for as low as 80 Dollars or less I'm hoping that when I begin hunting for the game in January that I will be so fortunate as to find the Game in box for under 80 Dollars.

Ofcourse I'll start the Series with Yakuza 1 which can easily be obtained in box for under 40 dollars through either Amazon or Ebay but I will be so relieved when I finnaly have Yakuza 2 and don't have to worry about buying an overpriced rare game anymore.

I suffer from some bad mental illness so I spend most of my time at home playing video games, spending time with friends or engaging in some of my many hobbies.

I have around 140 dollars to spend on whatever I want a month so with January I plan to get Yakuza 1 and 2 for Playstation 2 and then In February get the Rest of the U.S. Released Games.

I'll actually probably be getting Yakuza 5 for Playstation 3 Digitally near the end of December ofcourse I won't play it until I get to that point in the series.

Before somebody mentions it I will not settle for just watching the in game recaps of later games in the series or watching somebody do a play through on Youtube I want to play the games for myself and enjoy all they have to offer.

I am well aware that Yakuza 1 and 3 have some cut content and that Yakuza 1 is sort of inferior for using English voice acting but again I would much rather experience the games in English.

I am sorry for my lengthly message but I suffer from mental illness and suck at being properly social I often speak or type in long sentences and paragraphs in order to take all of my thoughts and put them into words I'm just terrible at being brief.
Lastly I should mention that I would very much like it if some awesome people could help me out and perhaps help me find an In box copy of Yakuza 2 for much cheaper then 80-90 Dollars or just help me get a copy in general.
Too long didn't read version
Yakuza 2 is bloody expensive.

Show more