2016-12-05

On of the things that I wanna talk about is my favorite show, Sonic X. Yes. I remember when I saw the previews and trailers for Sonic X before it premiered on the Fox Box back in 2003. When I saw the first episode, I loved it! It was so awesome possum! Jason Griffith did pretty great voicing as Sonic & Shadow, so did Mike Pollock who voiced as Eggman. Years later in late 2009, I was watching the original Japanese version of Sonic X, and I gotta say, the music and intros are a lot better than the 4kids version. I even saw the Unaired Pilot episode of Sonic X versions 1 & 2. And yes I agree with a lot of people, and I'll admit, the English version is Bad and cheesy because 4kids removed the English text on signs, TVs, and even computer screens. Plus, they think GUN is a bad word to all children. They also changed the music and dialogue which is also bad. Plus 4kids hates romance which is worse!

Sonic X DVDs

In June 2004, 4kids finally started releasing Sonic X on DVD as single disc volumes and in Saga sets. They even released them as DVDouble shot which cost $4 bucks, and some DVDS of Sonic X includes bonus features such as sweepstakes's, trailers, sneak peaks, contests, you name it. Yes they're expensive to buy on Amazon now, but look on the bright side, Discotek Media finally got their hands on Sonic X, and let's just hope they'll release the Japanese version. In the English version of Sonic X DVD by Discotek, it contains no bonus features. Kinda like other DVD releases that don't have bonus features such as Mega Man and Earthworm Jim.

Sonic X Japanese version

Oh yes. We all know Sonic X premiered in the US back in 2003, the Japanese version of Sonic X premiered on TV Tokyo in April 2003 in Japan. Since the episodes are available online (YouTube & Hulu), many fans, critics, and people stated that the Japanese version is a lot more better than the English version. People also say that Sonic X is for people 13 + Up. Though the Japanese version is for kids in Japan, but since the videos appeared online in the US, it's aimed directly for Teenagers & Adults because it has language, violence, character deaths, alcohol, and sexual dialogue. Kinda like Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, and One Piece which is great in my opinion.

TMS likes the English version more than the original version!?

Yes this maybe crazy but, in 2007, TMS was impressed with the 4kids version of Sonic X because it was their best selling anime in the Non-Japanese market. This was because the Japanese version of Sonic X was sadly cancelled in Japan due to poor ratings in March 2004. And the 3rd season was never aired in Japan. But despite this, the Japanese version of Sonic X DID air (Well not really aired but uploaded) the 3rd season on Hulu in August 2010. That means the Japanese version was never rerun on TV, re-published on Blu Ray or DVD, none.

So so what are your theories of Sonic X?

Show more