2013-12-15

I guess bad luck has been going around this forum as I keep seeing these threads pop up. I had a 10 point buck run into the side of my Camaro late this evening. The damage is looking like front bumper, hood, driver side fender, door, rear view mirror and possibly headlight but unlikely. The worst part...

I bought this car while deployed (this will displease TFL) and picked it up when I got back a couple of weeks ago. I've literally had the car in my possession all of one week. It is in completely mint condition. I planned on washing it and starting a build thread later today on here and LS1tech. I bought it with 8100 miles for $14k and it is currently at ~9400.

I'm hoping it's value will be great enough due to its mileage to keep it from being totaled but am fearing the worst. F-body parts are cheap which is another positive but don't know if these points will be enough. I'm highly doubtful there's any frame damage but will inspect it in the daylight tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't have any good before pics because I was holding out for said photoshoot but will include a couple to appease the masses. What does TCL think?

TL;DR Buy low mileage Camaro while overseas, have it for a week, get hit by deer

Before pics

First day I had it a C7 decided to park next to me.

Aftermath

Door

Windshield

Close up of fender

Show more