2013-12-04

Good evening all,

I have recently lost my job working in customer services and I am in search of a new one however the job market isn't treating me too well at the moment. I have experience in Administration/Order Administration, Customer Service (mainly over the phone) and Sales. However I'm finding it difficult to stand out from others only being 19.

I have noticed a lot of payroll and accounts assistant roles online and have taken a look into learning about Sage as something to put on my CV and the idea of payroll does interest me as a career change. I came across an offer on Groupon which includes Sage 50 Accounts, Sage Instant Accounts and Sage Bookeeping Stage 1 and 2. The offer is with LearnDirect and looking at their website the exams are purchased seperate from the courses.

The course is £59 from Groupon but my main interest would be the qualification which comes afterwards. The Sage 50 Accounts exam is available to purchase from the Sage Website for £55+VAT and the other exams are £66 each. With the courses from Groupon it says "You'll also get a learndirect statement of completion when you finish the course."

My main query is would the statement of completion be sufficient if I put it on my CV for an employer to consider myself or would I need to exams for them to take me seriously???

Many thanks.

Show more