2014-09-11

I buy a lot of items on ebay.

I buy this set of items for someone in my family, the guy ships them using Ebay's new Global Shipping Program. The seller sends the item to a special ebay warehouse and then they ship it internationally, its cheaper for the seller.

Anyhow, I wait and I wait, still no package. I check the tracking and it shows that the item is that their international shipping facility. Then they shipped it to Canada using Canada Post. So I wait and I wait..

This morning, I recheck the tracking, and wtf? The item was delivered? To ANOTHER POSTAL CODE IN MY CITY? It's not even my address nor it is my postal code. The guy wrote down the wrong postal code?

I get on ebay, contact the guy, make a claim saying I never received the item. The guy gets pissed off and mentions that *I* sent him the wrong address and thats it my fault. He says I sent him an address in KENTUCKY. I LIVE IN *CANADA*

If I had given him a wrong address, how the crap did my item end up magically accross the border, a couple of blocks away from my house?

What in the land of fuck? My address has always been the same, and it's auto-sent by paypal and ebay. Just last week I've received expensive arcade board stuff from Japan, purchased on ebay. I receive tons of shit every month.

I reply to the guy, saying that its no harm done and that I was not blaming him and that it was probably a mistake at the ebay shipment facility and that we should wait for ebay to contact us. I get an email just 10 minutes ago saying ebay ruled in the seller's favor, saying he provided proof that the shipment was sent to my place.

I cannot appeal, I cannot do shit.

I've been dealing with Ebay for over 15 years now, and with this shitty (but rare and important to my family member) 50$ item, they've lost my business. I have no way to contact them, no way to appeal. I can't even see the proof provided by the guy. This is terrible. Imagine if this had happened with a very expensive item

I don't even know if its the seller who tried to rip me off. If he just fucked up and wrote the wrong address, I can understand, it happens. But I have nothing. I have access to no paperwork, nothing.

The tracking on my ebay dashboard even shows how its delivered to another address that isnt mine. The customer support clown didnt bother to click to check that it's not even my own address that is on their own files?

Show more