2015-06-13

I have multiple kits for multiple relatives. On some kits I am the secondary email. This week, two passwords were changed by FTDNA software and I was locked out of the kits. I confirmed with my cousins that they did not change them, as they are either not tech savvy or are relying on me to manage the kit.

I phoned FTDNA on the first one and was told the password was changed two weeks prior. But it was not done by me or my cousin! The Help Desk gave me a new password in email.

Then Friday night I was locked out of another kit. My cousin is traveling and not tech savvy. She will help change the password when she gets home but not until next week. I tried the p/w reset but it won't recognize my email because it's secondary.

I did hear from the help desk this morning (Saturday) but they did not read my email and just sent me generic info on how to reset the password. I have the secondary, not primary, email and cannot change it! My time is being wasted and .i want to get into this account!

I have thought of setting up an admin account for all kits but dread what will happen if I get locked out of that! FTDNA has changed the password on two of my kits so far!

Show more