2014-09-21

OMG I have made some pretty good Demo's(my own stuff) so I figured I could mix my friends band easy enough... Just for fun Here's where the wrong assumptions come in. I assumed there was a click track, an assigned tempo, that they would adhere to the tempo, that the drummer had great time, that the tracks would be a tiny bit balanced(levels) and I could go on...The stems he sent me are a train wreck. Many lessons and comments I have seen on this board now make sense... I have played with a few multi track songs from Mike Seniors web site but to begin with they at least had an tempo that was set and adhered to. Oh well, I guess I will learn some new stuff... Of course I can see drum transients making the beats seem obvious but, What's the easiest way to alighn the audio to beats? (in places it seems necessary? Use Timestretch?

I know it may be a long answer, maybe this is more of a rant than anything else. I sent my friend a text saying "have you heard of this thing called a metronome" ?

PS and the mike bleed on the drums... omg

I think this first day I have already decided not to be a professorial mix engineer :-) I bought Kenny's Video tutorials, I will look for information about aligning audio...

Show more