2015-05-24

I Recently dug up a couple of my Gem Masterful Albums (actually 2 CD's Freddie Hubbard & Lee Morgan, and 1 Cassette of Jackie McLean) recordings of three of the Greatest Jazz Musicians ever to play Trumpet and Sax. Flip these recording sessions on your Turntables (coming back) or CD/Cassette Player.

If you enjoy listening to great Jazz Trumpet recordings, and an Alto Sax Master, then you may want to listen to these recordings by Freddie Hubbard & Lee Morgan on Trumpet, and the Great Jackie McLean on Alto Sax.

1. Freddie Hubbard---Fastball "Live" At The Left Bank Album, recorded 4/23/67 on Label M at The Famous Ballroom in Baltimore, MD. This Album was not released until 2001. Organized by the Left Bank Jazz Society. Sidemen: Benny Maupin (TS), Kenny Barron, (P).

Recommended Cuts: 1. Bob's Place; 2. Crisis; 3. Willow Weep for Me.

Hubbard's Performance on Willow Weep For Me is outstanding.

2. Lee Morgan/Clifford Jordan Quintet---"Live in Baltimore 1968" Album Recorded '68 at the Royal Arms, Baltimore MD on Fresh Sound Record Label/Camarillo Music. Organized by The Left Bank Jazz Society. Sidemen: John Hicks, (P), and Clifford Jordan, (TS).

Recommended Cuts: 1. The Vamp; 2. Solar; 3. Straight No Chaser

3. Jackie McLean Quintet---"Dynasty" Album recorded 11/5/88 on Triloka Label. Sideman is Jackie's Son Rene' McLean on (TS, SS).

Recommended Cuts: 1. Third World Express; 2. Knot The Blues; 3. Zimbabwe; 4. House is Not a Home; 5. Multi-Woman; 6. King Tut's Strut

I knew there was a reason to keep my Kenwood Receiver, Turntable and Koss 100 Watt Loudspeakers to listen to all the great Jazz Music produced by these Legendary Jazz Masters. The Jazz Music never gets stale. If you are not warmed up enough, or need more energy after listening to the above Albums, try the V.S.O.P. recordings on if you need more passionate Jazz Music to listen to by Jazz Legends.

Especially, including the Herbie Hancock's 3 V.S.O.P. Albums. One V.S.O.P. Album was recorded in California, and the other 2 V.S.O.P. Albums were recorded Live in Japan. V.S.O.P. Albums have Herbie Hancock on (P), Freddie Hubbard (TR), Wayne Shorter (TS, SS), Ron Carter (Bass), and Tony Williams (DRS). What pleasure it is to listen to Tony Williams on Drums pushing Freddie Hubbard on Trumpet to play faster, harder and louder. To paraphrase the Liner Notes of Freddie Hubbard "Tony Williams was trying to bust my chops". Jazz Master recording sessions don't get any better than this. Now that's great JazzChops.

Show more