2017-02-07

Just a quick take on my newest acquisition, an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Diver.

REF. #15710ST.OO.A002CA.01

CASE WIDTH: 42 MM

CASE THICKNESS: 14.1 MM

WATER RESISTANCE: 300 M

This isnt a full on review as there are many reviews online that does a better job than me, but from another watch guys perspective.

Here are a few shots of my AP and my thoughts.

Background: I wanted something sporty that I can wear casually, in various climates, during holidays etcetc but didnt want the usual suspects like Omega, IWC Aquatimer, Rolex Sub/SD, Tudor etc. Not dissing them ofcourse, they are all amazingly high quality robust watches but just wanted something abit different.

Then i came across the AP diver, something i never considered before but after trying one on at a local AD, I was in love. Ive owned many watches from different brands before, such as IWC, numerous Panerais, Omegas, etc but this AP is just a real treat on the wrist. The feeling of this watch is SOLID. If i were to describe it in one word, thats it really. It is solid, but beautiful, with the edges, polished edges etc. The dial is a matte silky black with enough texture to keep you interested and the white gold markers just shimmer as you look at your wrist.

Telling the time, which is one of its primary functions is superb with a quick glance, you're able to tel the time. The inner rotating bezel clicks with deep satisfaction also.

It isnt a small or light watch by any stretch of the imagination but it is far more comfortable than I ever expected, so much so that I am wearing it to work sometimes now too! I think it is the wide lugs of the strap that helps it hug the wrist and not cause any wobble whatsoever. This thing will stay strapped. It does not have any top heavy wobble either, and in fact is around 14mm thick which is not that thick compared to many other divers or chronographs.

My wrist is very thin but I love it:)

Oh and time keeping is superb too:)

Show more