2016-11-30

I don't know the truth in this, but as a regular buyer of higher end and collectable G-Shocks from Japan, either from ebay or via FromJapan, I had noticed lately that there are very few listed for sale on ebay. Usually there are hundreds, now it's down to a handful.

Having been sent an email recently from a Japanese seller i've used a few times in the past, offering me Black Friday discounts, and on following his links to his ebay listings I found that none of them appeared active on the ebay.UK site. I looked at his post to locations, and although it said worldwide, he had chosen not to send to Europe. I asked why and was told that Casio Europe have toughened up on what watches can be sold to Europe. Restricting sellers from Asia to selling to Asia and making it difficult for sellers to sell to Europe, even threatening ebay bans if they try to do so.

Sad days, as the G-Shocks that are available to the masses in Europe are pretty run of the mill boring watches, and all the cool stuff, and truly collectable, worth having pieces come from Japan. So if this is indeed true, It looks like buying anything decent from Japan is going to just get harder.

Show more