2014-02-04

Welcome to Episode 2 of the World 73 blog. We have had a somewhat eventful time since the last blog. It's time to get down to business and start sorting out some of the events taking place in the world and how they might effect you and your tribe. I am quite happy with some forum antics because I was running out of time to find a Facepalm award recipient but ask and ye shall receive.

Now that most of the pre-made tribes have entered the world we will be talking a look at the effectiveness of the pre-formed groups of players, their impact on the world, and try to figure out the draw. I have been part of

pre-mades, in leadership with pre-mades, in design of a pre-made but why?

The Problem with Pre-Mades

We have often poked fun at the recruiting tribes that enter a world, filling up their rosters, creating academy tribes, alliances, and making world domination plans before the 4 core Ks even fill up. I am going to dive in and take a deep look at the truths or illusions of what makes the pre-made so much better than building from scratch.

Lets start with the statistics. I asked for a bit of research help from a friend. We set a few guidelines and searched through the Tribal Wars history books to find how many pre-made tribes finished with a world win. I understand that not every player starts a world with any kind of intention to follow through and play to dominate the world at it's close. Personally I enjoy the mid-game far more than the startup or endgame play. With that said, here were the guidelines we set out before our search:

The world winning tribe must have at least 5 original members of the pre-made

The world winning tribe must have at least one original leader still in leadership for the win

The pre-made tribe must have joined within the first month of the world's opening

We allowed merges to count as long as the previous three statements were true

We did not disallow tribes into the statistics who changed their names

From the information we gathered we found only one tribe that we could say with 100% certainty met the qualifications that we laid out. World 62 pre-mades Panic and Agency seemed to be the only beginning to end winners. World 51 and 57 were close but did not meet all three requirements. Unsure about World 59 PITA just due to a lack of required information. There is a possibility that we missed a group(s) through merges and name changes but as it stands right now in 73 opened worlds on the .net server. One pre-made tribe completed what it started when joining the world. Those are not great odds but yet we still are drawn to the pre-made hype.

The name of this article was crop circles. The map below is not a complete map of all pre-mades on the world. We all know through the trumpet sounding, red carpet unveiling and after parties that Shayd's pre-made is now the third southwest crescent shaped landing party. Lets say the average committed player farms a 40x40 radius in the first few weeks of the account. Due to the shape, time of entry, and resources produced we have three tribes that will all be fighting viciously for resources. They have created circles of crop destruction limiting hauls, potential growth and even limiting fun factor for tribes. Farming is key to good quick growth in early world play and when that is taken away due to stacking of the same shaped pre-made we might see very dry competition from the southwest. That is just one example due to it's per-capita pre-made population. We can see the same issues in the northwest and northeast. In any situation we will be fighting for farms with other players, that is not the argument here. Having an already organized group who have intentions at least for early game contention fighting with the same group of a different tribe hurts everything in between. It realistically isn't even that good of a strategy and it is so commonly used now it doesn't give any clear advantage. It's the stats quo.

Quote:

Back when tribal wars was in it's prime though, say 20-50 you had the best players on every world

After the game was done destroying all of their (ours) lives they left lol

no new scripts have been written for years, noobs have complete access to all our knowledge and there's very little progress in the game that's my perspective after being gone over a year and a half

Jill - World 42 winner with Modwar

Spoiler:

As far as the earlier contended point that Hubris is a pre-made - It has a core component that is but

i'm not here to argue semantics. Quite possible a majority of the tribe isn't.

Drawing back to the first sentence of this article, why is it that we make fun of the recruiting tribes when the mindset behind pre-mades itself can be just as idiotic? The In-game recruiting tribes have shown over the course of game play to be far more effective in actually winning worlds. Below is a very very generalized breakdown of tribal creation, examining the similarities and differences between both the pre-made and in-game recruiting tribes.

Methods

Pre-Made

In-game Recruting

Recruting

In Forums

In games

Requirements

Past History, Past accounts, abilities

Past History, Past accounts, Minimum activity standards

Leadership

Varies from tribal, council, and dictator

Varies from tribal, council, and dictator

Skill Level

Often experienced

Often very mixed

So what exactly does the pre-made offer that makes it so much more appealing on a mass scale? I am not ignoring the social aspect of the game but in this article I'm looking more at the effectiveness. Here is the reason why we love the pre-made. In the beginning of every season we all get excited about our teams. This year they have a chance to make it to the final game. In the beginning it is a statistical even playing field. In the beginning our country has the chance to take the medal count. In the beginning we think that our team has what every other team is lacking, a better plan, better players, or even just lady luck on our side. In the beginning we get excited about the possibilities of a successful future. Unfortunately that often leaves us disappointed without a championship trophy, ring, cup, or medal. Pre-mades are an emotional decision not sound in logic when it comes to attempting to finish the world with a win under the belt.

Delusional Quote of the Week

Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavs Axes Rams Nobles

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

I am officially leaving this game once and for all but before doing so I would like to apologise to chase (I'm aware you'll get this message) I suppose sometimes when a mother shouts her child he retaliates, unfortunately I was silly with the way I went about it.

Anyways!

It's been fun, I'm happy I played this game or else I may of learnt a few things in real life, which coincidentally occurred on tw instead. Many thanks to the players I have played with and against. All the best wishes in your quest in game and in the outer world.

Take care :icon_razz:

Would like to take the time and give best wishes to another mistaken player. He seems to think he will actually quit this addiction - Silly Rabbit.

More interestingly, Another satisfied customer of the World 73 blog's dear friend Chase.

Spoiler:

And the winner is????

Spoiler:

No surprise but this blog's clear recipient of this week' facepalm award is Legion. Creamy Pie did a number on you with this thread. Looking at the actual substance of the claims and replies, very little proof of anything other than an opinion was provided but wow what a stinging opinion that turned out to be. I think reading through the thread several times that Legion had appropriate and valid counterpoints but it didn't matter. The purpose of this entire thread was to make Legion look weak to it's opponents and members. Now, I'm not buying the instant invite to Quit as being completely coincidental but who cares? Dirty yet effective tactic by Quit, the now ranked 1 tribe in the world. Nobody gets to the top without a little dirt under their fingernails. Legion is now down to already 33 members from it's 38-39. As far as the point whoring, untrustworthy claims made in the thread. Without proof, conversations, etc those points are invalid. Legion as a tribe is ranked 6th in overall opponents defeated to match a world ranking of 7. Legion does have some aggressive looking players but as a whole we will have to see if they can carry the load this early in the world. It doesn't help that scouting reports were then posted on showing lackluster growth.

It will be interesting to see how Legion reacts in game to this or if they even can. My prediction is an early war of multiple tribes against Quit. There is certifiably enough motive to do so.

Another feature of the blog that will more than likely be hitting a K near you.

As much as I can, I will be scanning the threads for conflicts. I will need tribal leaders help on this one to cover the wars spanning the world. Any war going on will be eligible for coverage whether it's between major contenders for the top spots or skirmishes in the K's. Stats, breakdowns, and advice are just some of what we will see in the World 73 blog War Room.

This week's fast five is with the newest member of the blog team. I am quite confident she is

smarter than me and more than likely a better writer so I may have to suit up. At least she

will class up the joint a bit :icon_biggrin:

Spoiler:

LotusBlu (lilyana) Can you tell the blog readers a little bit about yourself and why

you started playing tribal wars.

In 2008 I was diagnosed with gluten intolerance and so it took me a while of not eating wheat to become well again. During that period I didn't sleep well and needed to keep my mind off being sick. So one day while I was answering emails on yahoo, an ad for TW came up. i have always been a history buff and very curious ... so I clicked on it and when it said play for free, I thought why not.. and began W45.

Do you ever intend to quit?

I tried to quit while I was on W64. I even gave my account away and lost my name, which was my real name, since when I started I was totally clueless about using an avatar. I was off for 7 months. I didn't even miss it after a while.. but one day the person I had given my account to, must have left the game, because I got a message for TW that said "your village misses you". I realized that I missed the game and all the great friends I had made, so I started back in 67 and found out that 68 was due to start, so I called a bunch of my old premade and started KONG on W68. That was almost a year ago.. lol
Would I ever quit.. probably but would I stay quit.. probably not..

What do you see as the biggest oppertunity for players you associate with in TW?

To me, the biggest opportunity and what I love so much about this game is the people. The chance to meet people from all over the world and work together for a common cause. To create families that you share your life with. And to learn to work together, accept and value each other's differences and see each person as a puzzle piece that when put together can create a wonderful story.
People learning to build something together.. So often our countries, religions, race and cultures just present the differences. Like they are afraid to let us realize that we all love, we all bleed, and we all experience sorrow and depression. That no matter who we are and what we believe.. we are really all one in the matters that count the most. A blanket of humanity that creates the group mind of the species that directs the manifestation of reality.

Have you met any TW players outside of the game world?

After over 5 years, I just finally meet someone on line that lives by me and recently came to my house to attend a monthly event that I do called "Messages for the Millennium". And I liked her right

off the bat. I hope to meet many more in the coming years.

Would you like to share anything you have written non tw?

2014 has laid itself out to be a very amazing year. No matter how old you are this will be a pivotal year for what happens for the rest of your life. Why, there are many reasons, some you will understand and some you will not. But please trust me when I say this, for if you pay attention this year and work to respond instead of react then you will learn a new level of truth. The most important kind of Truth.. and that is self-truth. Once you see the patterns that you have established and it is most often easy to see the negative patterns instead of the positive, this year will prompt you to investigate the WHY.. Since nothing is random and everything has meaning, there is always a reason that you have attracted what ever is going on in your life. We never get out of school. This life is all about learning, expanding, growing and having one adventure after the other. Why do some people have hard lessons and some have easy ones ? Why do some people claim to be victims and some love to be villains.. and why are there hero's? Free Will allows us to choose which roles we will play and many times you will find you play more than one in a life time. One you see why the same experiences happen to you again and again you can learn from them. Everything brings a gift of knowledge, of experience and once you see the gift and understand what it is trying to teach you, you never need to get that gift again. You can get out of the rut and find a new pattern. A better pattern built upon the past, but geared for the future. And 2014 will provide that. For every year is a classroom and no year is ever alike. But every 9 years you get the same classroom again, the same opportunity to learn and grow. This year is based upon what you did or did not do in 2005 and 2023 will be based on 2014. Cycle after cycle each an expanded version, an upgrade from the previous. But a vast change occurred in 2008. A one energy year classroom.. One being "new beginnings and fresh starts, 2008 began the design and implementation of the new paradigms and prime seeds for the Aquarian Age's first millennium. The start of a whole new pattern of how time and space interact with each other. So every year since then until the end of 2015, the Universal Laws of manifestation are being re-calibrated for the future of mankind. All of us alive now are voting by our thoughts, our feelings, and our actions what type of new world we will create. This is so much more important than any election that ever was. This is a time of Mind over Matter where we can effectively recreate the Group Mind of man. Do we want peace? Do we want to collectively get along so that wars are a thing of the past and people from all cultures in life can value each other and work together? Basically all of this is being decided by "each" of us. And 2014 provides us with the opportunity to find the saboteur within.. that part of ourselves that dooms us to failures because we don't believe in ourselves. We can never know ourselves if we do not look for the truth in our words and actions. We have to look past that which is defensible that we prop up to keep our true motivations secret even to ourselves and we must look for the core of every issue.. for that which we can not defend.. the small, petty, fearful aspect of ourselves that causes us to fell that we are not worthy of happiness, that we do not deserve to be loved, and that we need to sacrifice to be of value. We need to liberate ourselves to climb out of whatever box that we have chosen to curl up in trying to be safe.. but instead of safety it just provides us with a perfectly sized prison. Ask yourself who am I, and what do I really want out of life.. this entire year. Ask yourself what is my truth.. and why. Don't rest on what others have said you are or told you what you think and what your motivations are.

This year has more powerful energy patterns than any other year ever. It is the year of the Crown Chakra the highest energy center within the foundational bodies of man. It is only from this Mt. peak that we can have the advantage point to see our life stretched out before us and be able to identify the destructive patterns that we have woven into the fabric of our life. The first six months are all about creating a new future, a new plan. But the last six months are about how that which you want to create will manifest. Each year is laid out in this pattern. If you were born during the first six month your strength lies in creating something new. If you were born in the last six months than your power is in manifesting.. bringing into being those creative ideas.

The most powerful month of the year is March. For this is a "7" year and the energy of March is a "7" so when combined it creates a 31 day passage of the master number "77" Truth and Liberation.. this is called the Year of the Great Awakening.. and the power days for March are March 7th, 8th,9th,10th, and 11th.. March 16th, 18th, 22nd, 25th, 27th and 29th.. One third of the month is basically powerful opportunities to wake up to a new level of understanding and appreciate of you and your life. Plan on doing something special those days.. and plan more alone quite time.. times to really learn who you are. For it is only when we truly know who we are that we an change and become who we were meant to be.

* If i ever interview you again - I'm not calling it the Fast Five anymore :icon_biggrin:

I would like to thank you again for the readings and ratings. Apparently I will be famous soon enough :icon_biggrin:

As always - if you see blog worthy news happening near you, my skype name: Edgeukated

For those of you "This blog needs more pictures" types.

Show more