Bhavani Jaroff is the founder of iEat Green, LLC, a multi-faceted organization providing chef services, and educational demos. She is the host of iEat Green with Bhavani, a weekly radio show on the Progressive Radio Network, and is a co-chair of Slow Food North Shore.
Ms. Jaroff has a Masters in Education, along with Waldorf Teacher Certification, which brought together her passion for cooking, teaching, nutrition, gardening and bio-dynamics.
Chef Bhavani Jaroff’s Workshops
One Wok; Many Meals
One Wok, Many Meals is designed to show the audience how easy to is to create a variety of healthy meals using one wok and seasonal vegetables. Depending on the herbs and spices used, one can create a meal from any ethnic cuisine they wish. During the presentation, Chef Bhavani will use the platform to discuss many of the food issues plaguing our food system, whether it be food insecurity, GMO’s, the use of hormones, antibiotics, pesticides and herbicides in our food, fair labor wages, food waste, and the Slow Food Movement, while at the same time showing the ease of creating beautiful, delicious, healthy meals.
• Japanese Stir Fried Vegetables served with Soba Noodles in a Sesame Sauce
• Mixed Vegetables in Thai Coconut Curry, served with Saffron Rice
• Whole Wheat Linguine Primavera with Sundried Tomatoes and Pine Nuts
• Vegetable Fajitas, served with Corn Tomato Salsa and Guacamole
• Mediterranean Vegetables with Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Olives and Capers, served with Whole Wheat Cous Cous
Introduction to Vegetarian Protein Staples
Eating a diet centered more around vegetables and less on meat is healthier for our bodies and for the environment, but making the transition can be a challenge. Chef Bhavani of iEat Green, has designed this class to help you in that transition, and to inspire the creative, health conscious, but flavor-seeking chef in us all. All of the ingredients used will be organic and local, whenever possible.
Tofu, Tempeh and Seitan are staples in a vegetarian diet, but most people have no idea what to do with them. Ms. Jaroff has been using these products for over 35 years, both professionally as a natural foods caterer and at home as a mom. One of her specialties is preparing meatless meals for the carnivore and tricking kids into loving vegetarian alternatives to their favorite meals. She will share with you what she has learned over the years as she demonstrates some of her trademark dishes.
• Tofu Cutlets Parmesan; Tofu Saute; Chocolate Tofu Cream Pie
• Seitan Marsala with Portobello Mushrooms; Seitan Skewers
• BBQ Tempeh, Vegetable Fajita with Tempeh
The post Chef Bhavani Jaroff appeared first on Envision Festival 2016.