2015-02-28

Welcome, citizens of DV to the 1st ever annual DreamViews Community Awards! AKA The Mlemys. 45 members voted, thank you all for casting your votes! :mrgreen:

2014 was a fantastic year for our community with great new additions to Staff, lots of awesome new members, great threads, improvements all around, and more. We're still in the early months of 2015 and I can already tell it's going to be an even better year for DreamViews. May our community grow and improve with each and every following year.

Give a big hand of applause to all the nominees and winners, and to Staff and the Community for helping make the 1st DVCA the best it could be! Now for the main event! \(^o^)/

And the awards go to...

Spoiler for DVCA Awards Results:

On-Topic Awards:

Sage Advice - Given to the person voted most helpful in on-topics.

1st Place: Sageous

2nd Place: gab

3rd Place: Sensei

Best Thread On-Topic - For the best thread on any of the on-topic sections.

1st Place: Lucid Dares by ~Dreamer~

2nd Place: Mindfulness - An Alternative Approach to ADA by Ctharlhie

3rd Place *Two way Tie*: What is the most pointless thing you did while lucid? by KpuonyerNo4 and Lucid Living With Sensei by Sensei

Best Dream Journal - most liked DJ of the year.

1st Place: Hyu's Adventures

2nd Place: CanisLucidus

3rd Place: Cities in the Astral by Sivason

Best DC Quote - Awarded to a member for one of their dream character's quotes.

1st Place: "And if I eat a box of crayons, what color are my farts going to be?" - ~Dreamer~, in CanisLucidus' dream

2nd Place *Three way Tie!*: "DOODLE DOODLE TOSS TOSS" ~ Fortune cookie from OpheliaBlue's DJ and "Going through life worrying about the little things is like cooking with motor oil instead of cooking oil. Sure, you can still probably pull it off, but it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth in retrospect." - spellbee2's DG and "You dreamers, you're all a bit messed up in the head. Subconscious here, Dream Guide there. Something something awareness and lucidity. I don't understand any of it." ~ Crow from Hyu's DJ

3rd Place: I asked him “What do you think of my penis?” “Just terrible” he said in a mumble. He was averting his eyes but occasionally casting a glance to the side at me. . He was now almost running to get away but I was cheekily strolling along briskly beside him. Then he said a bit louder “Just…just terrible!” ~ Jenkees

Incubus of The DreamWorld- A male member that has many intimate encounters with dream characters.

1st Place: FryingMan

2nd Place: fogelbise

3rd Place: wobblybil

Succubus of The DreamWorld- A female member that has many intimate encounters with dream characters.

1st Place: OpheliaBlue

2nd Place: StephL

3rd Place: gab

Most Diligent DJer - A member who posts a lot of DJ entries.

1st Place: PercyLucid

2nd Place: FryingMan

3rd Place: JadeGreen and DawnEye11 and CanisLucidus

Favorite ToTMs - Members top favorite ToTMs of 2014.

1st Place: September Advanced Task i - Flush yourself down a toilet, and describe the experience (try to find a clean one). - ThreeCat

2nd Place: August Basic Task ii Rob a bank using only a banana as your weapon. – IneverWakeUp

3rd Place: September Advanced Task ii Cast the Expecto Patronum spell (from Harry Potter) and report what your patronus was. – QueenZukin

Favorite ToTM Success - Best successful ToTM DJ Entry.

1st Place: ~Dreamer~ Impregnating CanisLucidus *Lucid *TotM

2nd Place *Two way Tie*: PercyLucid ~ Throwing snowballs, Gizmo songs and massive six combo of lucid task dares done!!! and ~Dreamer~ Banana Bank Robbery *Lucid *TotM

3rd Place: OpheliaBlue ~ My Patronus and My Fortune - TOTM WILDs

Favorite ToTM Fail - Best Failed ToTM DJ Entry.

1st Place: Magic Wand ;D ~ KestrelKat

2nd Place: My Patronus and My Fortune - TOTM WILDs ~ OpheliaBlue

3rd Place: Eyeball Task of The Month Fail ~ CanisLucidus

Most Improved - A new lucid dreamer that has made great progress and has a drive to improve in lucid dreaming.

1st Place: ThreeCat

3rd Place: spellbee2

Most Dedicated - A member that is highly dedicated to the art of lucid dreaming.

1st Place: Sensei

2nd Place: Sageous

3rd Place: PercyLucid

Recall Champion - A member with great dream recall. Recalling a lot of dreams frequently and or recalling a lot of detail.

1st Place: PercyLucid

3rd Place: Hukif

Epic Miss - For someone that horribly missed an opportunity to become lucid.

1st Place:

Quote:

"I had a dream about a month ago where I looked down to find myself looking at a hand with 5 fingers and a hand with 6. I panicked and decided that the only rational thing to do was to chop it off. Derp." ~ SinisterDezz

2nd Place *Two way Tie*:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnotherDreamer

"The other night I had a dream where I was in another person's dream, chasing them around and trying to convince them that they were dreaming. I didn't realize that I was the one dreaming until I woke up. Then I /facepalm'd" ~AnotherDreamer

and

Quote:

Originally Posted by Efthemia

"I was standing in the bathroom flicking the light on and off getting annoyed it wasn't turning on when I said "Man, if this was a lucid dream and not a normal dream I could do anything I wanted." And then continued to try to turn on the light. *Facepalm*" ~Efthemia*

3rd Place *Three way Tie!*:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FryingMan

Major Facepalm: I see a guy wearing an outlandish bright outfit that is an advertisement for Aurora and iWinks (the lucid dreaming mask which is still in production).*). I talk to him and find out he works there! He's a manager. I tell him that "I just had my 46th!"*!" (lucid dream, expecting him to completely understand what I'm saying). My wife comes up and I make the "shhhh!"*!" sign to him so he won't give me away. We sit together and talk about REM detection, remee, my remee settings, then I'm in his place and he offers to program my remee with unofficial settings on his homemade remee programming circuit board.... *The Ol' SC is really trying to help me out here, I gotta start cooperating!*DOH DOH DOH!" ~FryingMan

and

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNGB

"Hmm . . . so what's on TV today? I don't even like TV. Not sure why I'm watching it. Oh, look! It's a new show! What's the title? Lucid. Hmm. I wish I was having one of those right now." ~CNGB*

and

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamyBear

"I was in a dream where I was trying to jumping down from a big rock, that wasn't especially high, but since I wanted my dog to be able to make it down too, I decided to stay there with him (he's to big to just pick up by the way). *Well, since my dog couldn't make the jump. We where just stuck at the little rock and my dog started to say something and we was just standing there and holding each other just like Shaggy and Scooby doo usually do when they are scared of some monster. So my conclusion was: "Aha of course, this is just Scooby doo!" :doh:" ~DreamyBear

Off-Topic Awards

Friend of The People - A member that is kind, fun, helpful, and overall just a cool person.

1st Place: Mismagius

2nd Place: ~Dreamer~

3rd Place: CanisLucidus

Best Thread Off-Topic - For the best thread of 2014 on any of the off-topic sections

1st Place: Why dream experience is fundamental and so very important by FrankDiMeglio

2nd Place *Two way Tie*: Drop a smile! by VagalTone and Shower Thoughts by spellbee2

3rd Place: Post obscure music that is extremely good by Universal Mind

New Member of The Year - Given to a member that has joined anytime during 2014.

1st Place: ThreeCat

2nd Place: orationem

3rd Place: MrPriority

Everywhere At Once - Given to a nomad like member who frequents all sections of the forum.

2nd Place *Two way Tie*: StephL and OpheliaBlue

3rd Place: Dutchraptor

Quote of The Year - Overall favorite quote of 2014.

1st Place: Nom 2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctharlhie

1. That wasn't SP

2. Don't aim for SP

3. You're not falling asleep, and if you don't fall asleep you can't enter a dream

Oh yeah, and don't aim for SP.

2nd Place *Two way Tie*:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sageous

So keep exploring, keep asking DC's questions, and don't worry about creating a DC that represents your unconscious (Sensei's nametag suggestion is more reasonable than it sounds at a glance, BTW); there are no rules about this, and people who say there are rules when it comes to exploring your own mind might be offering incorrect advice, no matter how many books they've sold.

and

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpheliaBlue

DOODLE DOODLE TOSS TOSS ~ OpheliaBlue

3rd Place:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GavinGill

"It's not nonsense, it's dream science." by GavinGill

and

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanisLucidus

I think that I need to focus my dream control more, and I remember how effective it’s been for me to vocalize my intention and sometimes even use profanity. “Yaaarrrggh!” I blubber, punching the giant in the ribs. It doesn’t feel very effective, though. I follow up with a kick to the upper thigh, loudly exclaiming...

Spoiler for Very crude language:

”Buttfuck!!”

as the kick lands. :facepalm: The strike feels really solid and forceful, and the giant grimaces before turning around and walking off. I immediately feel embarrassed that I’ll have to journal that this is how I improved my dream control and wish that I’d chosen a different word. :chuckle:

Resident Artist - Member that is either a great painter/drawer/sketcher or a great writer.

1st Place: Coolb3rt

2nd Place *Two way Tie*: Anju and Oneironaut Zero

3rd Place *Three way Tie!*: LouaiB and Darkmatters and JadeGreen

Returning Veteran - Given to a member that joined in a previous year and made their return in 2014.

1st Place: ~Dreamer~

2nd Place: Auron

3rd Place: Hyu

Funniest Quote of The Year - Member voted funniest quote.

1st Place *Two way Tie*: "R u a natural?? If not don't speak to me like that son" by abcde and DOODLE DOODLE TOSS TOSS by OpheliaBlue

2nd Place: "So this is the place to post any weird idea/insight/revelation you have ever received in the shower. For example, here's mine from tonight: I should write a novel about a guy struggling to write a novel. He goes on a journey of self-realization and discovers his source of inspiration. So he starts to write, and then writes the same book that I would be writing from Chapter 1. There is probably a parallel universe in which Jaden Smith plays Doctor Who. This is probably also the worst universe to live in. "DON'T BLINK OR IT GETS YOU!" "But How Can We Blink If Our Eyes Aren't Real?" I should start a thread on DreamViews about people's random shower thoughts." by spellbee2

3rd Place: "If you can explain the topic..." by cmind

My Heart Belongs To DV - Someone who regularly visits DV and posts a lot.

3rd Place: PercyLucid

Avatar Candy - Given to the member with the best avatar.

1st Place *Three way Tie!*: spellbee2 and ~Dreamer~ and OpheliaBlue

2nd Place *Two way Tie*: SinisterDezz and gab

3rd Place *Two way Tie*: EbbTide000 and Darkmatters

Signature Candy - Given to the member with the best signature.

1st Place *Two way Tie*: ~Dreamer~ and PercyLucid

2nd Place: Mismagius

3rd Place *Two way Tie*: StephL and GavinGill

Word Slinger - An award for a calm, rational, insightful, and overall well composed debater.

2nd Place: Sensei

3rd Place: StephL

Favorite Moment of The Year - What was your favorite event or moment that took place on DV during the year of 2014?

1st Place: IRC/Chat Rebirth

2nd Place *Two way Tie*: The Mlempocalypse and woblybil, trying to do snowball TOTM but the girl just lies on her back with her legs in the air

3rd Place: CanisLucidus's reaction to Dreamer's Father's Day ToTM DJ Entry

IRC Awards:

Acronym Master/Talks In Acronyms - Given to a member that makes great acronyms.

1st Place: Mismagius

2nd Place: spellbee2

3rd Place: orationem

Most Awkward Typo - Shelf explanatory.

1st Place: Jul 16 22:03:31 <anderj101> I might also ass that the cat was a male.

2nd Place *Two way Tie*: PKJacker http://www.dreamviews.com/lounge/828...ml#post2113994 and Aug 30 23:24:45 <OmkAR> COLONS ARE BANNED

3rd Place: gab http://www.dreamviews.com/lounge/828...ml#post2133639

Holy Acronym Batman! - Best acronym of the year.

1st Place: Nov 13 01:46:07 <Burke> BURKE: Because Uranium Really Kills Everyone

2nd Place: [19:24:51] <@Mismagius> My Little Electric Mouse Escaped, Ran Mighty Enthusiastically, Left On New Years

3rd Place: spellbee2 Nov 13 23:14:45 <howtospellbee2> Only Peter Has Extra Limes In A Big Locker Under Eden

Foodies - A member who frequently chats about food. Eating it, making it, or both.

2nd Place: orationem

3rd Place: anderj101

I'm Here All Week - A member that regularly chats on the IRC, if they're missing for a day or more in a row you assume the worst.

1st Place: gab

3rd Place: OpheliaBlue

Quite The Quit Message - Member that has a funny, cool, or just plain interesting quit message.

1st Place: Nov 25 18:01:44 * ParadoxOwl has quit (Quit: Swiggity Swooty, I'm coming for dat booty)

2nd Place: Jun 27 09:32:15 * Dark_Merlin has quit (Quit: pewpewpew)

3rd Place: Sep 07 10:44:10 * Toula has quit (Quit: I'm a little tea pot)

Spotty Connection - An award(?) for a member that often gets disconnected from IRC.

1st Place: spellbee2

3rd Place: bennerman

Master Level Lurker - An award(?) for a member that often idles. Is this a real person or a robot watching and learning our ways? If the former, why aren't you talking? Are you a spy!? Do you even know you're still connected? If you won this award would you even know it and be able to accept it? If the latter, are you a friendly robot that will be friends with the world?

1st Place: Alex

2nd Place *Two way Tie*: PKJacker and energydream

3rd Place: Kraid

Congratulations to the winners! DV has so many great members that both nominating and voting was quite hard. Next year's DVCA should be easier because I'll be keeping a list of members, threads, etc that I plan to nominate.

Below are some acknowledgements.

Spoiler for Acknowledgements:

STAFF

Staff is the best it's ever been, working hard together all year to help new lucid dreamers, keep the forum running smoothly, and brainstorming on ways to improve DV. 2014 saw both the arrival and return of fantastic new and past Staff members, below are said Staff Members.

Arrivals

Dream Guides:

Mismagius

Sibyline

SinisterDezz

Sensei

AstralMango

~Dreamer~

PercyLucid

ThreeCat

AnotherDreamer

Dream Guide Team Leader:

~Dreamer~

Moderators:

Mismagius

Sibyline

Auron

Zoth

spellbee2

Departures

DreamGuides:

AstralMango

SinisterDezz

Chat Moderators

Forsaken

Dark_Merlin

Moderators

Sibyline

Scionox

Master of Mlem: spellbee2

spellbee2 is DV's very own MoM. In the summer of 2014 spellbee2 brought to our community something from a far off place, elsewhere is where it came from. The thing in which spellbee2 brought was MLEM and ever since it's been sweeping the DV nation. All of DreamViews thanks you, Master of Mlem spellbee2.

spellbee2 also won quite a few awards in the DVCA, congrats!

Fundamental FrankDiMeglio

Author FrankDiMeglio has chosen DreamViews as his stage to reveal to the world his groundbreaking discovery of what dreams fundamentally and truly are. Unfortunately so far no member of DV has had the required knowledge, insight, enlightenment/ability to understand his findings. We can only hope that with time we'll be able to understand his teachings, so that we may all rejoice in the knowledge of half gravity, invisible/visible space, inertia, balanced/unbalanced, conscious and alive, and all the other fundamentals. Frank's thread Why dream experience is fundamental and so very important won 1st place for Best Thread Off-topic 2014. It has received 333 replies, 14 pages, and 10,681 views.

Frank now, Frank forever!

Rebirth of DV Chat

The IRC rebirth was voted Favorite Moment of The Year, and rightly so. In late 2013 DV Chat experienced a glitch that made it to where a lot of members couldn't connect. In 2014 this issue was resolved and DV Chat has since risen from the ashes reborn and better than ever before. Members of DV once again have a fun, friendly, and peaceful place to chat and hang out together.

Come join in on the fun! DreamViews Chat

Congratulations again to the winners, you'll be receiving your signature badge awards in PM shortly :)

Remember to watch for members, threads, quotes, DJ entries, etc that you'd like to nominate for next year's DVCA! Also keep an eye out on the forum, there's a fun new community event coming to a forum near you in early March :)

Show more