When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we''re newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Barron''s, MarketWatch and DJX, our flagship news and analytics platform. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world''s commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
**Business Development Director – Risk and Compliance**
**Where is it based?** London
* Do you have an understanding of regulatory requirements from major jurisdictions and knowledge of challenges faced by regulatory firms?
* Do you have the capability to influence and motivate key business stakeholders whilst displaying significant experience of international compliance standards?
If so, then we want to hear from you.
**Who are we?**
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance is a high growth business unit within Dow Jones that enables financial institutions and corporate customers meet international Anti Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions and Anti-Corruption regulations. Our data and technology solutions are used by many of the largest financial and corporate institutions globally and enable our customers to consider their clients and partners as an opportunity for growth rather than a legal or reputation threat. The Risk & Compliance segment is now one of the fastest-growing and mission critical areas of the information market.
**What is the role?**
The objective of the role is to work with key stakeholders and customers to develop the product and service offerings that meet market requirements as well as leading the business both internally and externally to ensure it meets growth targets and operational objectives.
**What is my personal contribution?**
Reporting to the Managing Director, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance you will be responsible for assisting on delivering on the business plan for the segment and seeking opportunities to develop new services that enable existing and prospective Dow Jones customers to enhance their compliance operational framework. The position requires a candidate with significant expertise and experience in the area of due diligence, anti-money laundering and anti-corruption.
**What do you want from me?**
* Good understanding of regulatory requirements from major jurisdictions and knowledge of challenges faced by regulatory firms.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and capability to influence and motivate key business stakeholders whilst displaying significant experience of international compliance standards.
* Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics succinctly to senior compliance and operations decision makers at financial institutions, in a way that inspires and excites.
* A proven track record of leading a business / team whilst meeting business objectives and operational constraints.
* Good understanding of Internet, database & search technologies and an MBA qualification is desirable.
* Please note the Risk & Compliance Business Development Director will be expected to travel and be flexible on working hours to accommodate international time zones and work commitments.
**How do I apply?**
In return, we offer a progressive fast-paced workplace environment, competitive salary and wide range of benefits. If this role matches your experience and skills and motivations to date please submit your CV and covering letter which must include your salary requirements.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Closing date: Friday 16th May 2014
Equal Opportunity Employer:
**Dow Jones**, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status. **EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled**
*Requisition ID:* 2014-23504
*Job Locations:* US-NY-NEW YORKUS-NJ-PRINCETON
*Job Function:* IT Devt