2015-04-19

I used a loaner pressure tester to do a 15psi check and bleeding of the system. System slowly loses pressure over time.

After several rounds of bleeding I finally noticed a coolant leak coming off the bottom of the water pump, drivers side.

I've had overheating issues in the past and have still been trying to sort everything out. Things I've done so far:

Replaced radiator (and the flexible hoses immediately connecting to it)

Replaced otterstat

Replaced fan/fan fail relays with bitsyncmaster's upgrades.

Replaced fan CB and repaired corroded wire connection to CB.

Had DMC CA replace all the flexible coolant hoses under the intake.

Installed the auto bleeder kit.

System generally does a poor job cooling itself - just idling it can take 3-4 minutes or more for the car to cool down enough for fans to turn off. Maybe that is okay? I'm not really sure. It can still run hot when driven in reverse or while navigating parking spots in a parking lot.

I was still trying to figure out how air was getting into the system (worried about head gasket failure, to be honest) aside from me doing a poor job bleeding the car. Then I finally noticed this leak under the water pump.

I've also read there is a weep hole that can leak, but not really sure what solution there is when this happens. Am I looking at a water pump replacement?

I took a few pictures looking down on the engine but they aren't too useful. I will go back underneath the car to see if I can get a better shot.

Show more