2013-08-28

Hi Guys – newbie here

Wouldn’t consider myself ever having been a die-hard detailer, but I do like my cars clean and shiny.

And when my current stash of Meguiars products ran out recently, I knew there were better products out there and did some research on what to get - which ultimately led me here (and starting to get sucked into the world of detailing..)

Couple of quick questions;

1. I have an old, cheap polisher which has done the job for many years of waxing, but I’m not sure if I should continue to use it with my stash of new optimum car care products I’ve just taken delivery of.

This is it (but it’s a blue one?)

I bought a couple of applicator things for it (they look like blue shower caps) and they have worked fine in the past.. would it be a horrible idea to keep using them?.. would rather not spend $3-400 on a new polisher if this could conceivably do the job..

I did get an applicator compounding pad from OPT to use with the hyper polish, have thought about attaching that to the polisher and seeing how it goes - of just do it by hand.. thoughts?

2. My car is ’03 Skyline 350GT which I love. (semi-clean car pic attached.) Paint is in pretty good condition, with no swirl marks or scratches (have used scratch x to get them out) but it does have watermarks in the paint which until now I have kinda ignored.

I have bought OPT car wash, hyper polish (to hopefully get water marks out), opti-seal and OPT spray wax.

Intend to wash and clay the car first and then get to work – does this sound ok? Should I throw in a IPA wipe after the hyper polish or should I leave it?

Appreciate any responses!

Cheers,

Rob.

Show more