**Lead Manager, BI Solution Architecture**
Job Title: Lead Manager, BI Solution Architecture
Benefits: Bonus, Pension, Healthcare, Agile Working
Location: Port Sunlight NW UK
We are at a pivotal point in Unilever’s BI journey moving into the digital era\.
This role will lead the architecture transformation from traditional on\-premise reporting to Unilever’s BI 100% in the cloud vision\.
The successful candidate will review, recommend and implement the next generation of tooling which could/will include Hadoop, Azure Cloud, SQL DW, in\-memory technology and others\.
The vision is to deliver a structured data hub, populated with realtime data, creating amature, flexible data asset available for agile reporting and analytics exploitation\. This hub will hold transactional level data for POCs, integrated solutions, and provide self service “slice and dice” reporting with high levels of performance with limited IT tuning\.
Unilever’s Enterprise & Technology Solutions team has the mission of continually improving the cost, service and environmental impact of the 5 Service Operations it is responsible for \- HR, IT, Information Management, Finance and Workplace\. Key Benefits will be:
* Lower cost of delivery through standardization, process harmonization & scale leverage\.
* Better user experience by delivery of integrated service bundles to end\-user\.
* Continuous improvement through end\-to\-end process ownership\.
The volume and complexity of data creates both challenges and opportunities for organisations\. The Information & Analytics \(I&A\) team leads the business information and advanced analytics agenda at Unilever, working with partners, functions, categories, and geographies to harmonise decision\-making and deliver technology solutions to drive business insight\. Driving innovation and creativity to deliver competitive advantage is at the heart of what the I&A team delivers\. The team is made up of data experts and specialists who transform data to insight using analytical tools and techniques to deliver competitive advantage for Unilever\.
This role will focus on building a strong solution architecture capability internally with insourced FTEs and driving the solution architecture of I&A capabilities in a consistent way\.This role will also lead the I&A Technical Design Authority \(TDA\) and drive creation of all Technical Design & Architecture standards across all areas and communications to I&A community by partnering with CTO, GDS, R&P, MDM and Infrastructure teams\.
The role would be responsible for ensuring technical standards established by TDA are implemented and adhered to during design across all Unilever I&A capabilities\. This role is also responsible for all aspects of solution architecture and needs to ensure I&A products meet or exceed business requirements related to performance and quality SLAs\.
* Primary point of contact for all I&A solution architecture & technology matters
* Lead evaluation and introduction of new technologies to I&A working with CTO and other I&A capability teams\.
* Creation, communication and implementation of all standards
* Drive design reviews across all technical areas by working with the solution architecture leads assigned to each of the functional portfolios and regions\.
* Drive E2E Solution Architecture and support to projects
* Solution Architecture consistency
* E2E Performance
* Exceptions Maintenance
* Good functional knowledge to be able work with Accountable Directors, SMEs, DMs and technical resources
* E2E Design with expertise in BI solutions and Big Data/EDW, front\-end and ETL
* Integrate ETL, modeling, Reporting & Presentation and Advanced Analytical components upfront keeping performance, security, SLAs and functionality in mind
* Manage performance/SLAs \(Batch Cycle and Query SLAs\)
* Manage Cost
* Lead TDA \(Technical Design Authority\)
* Best practices Community / Maintain
Security & Performance:
* Security subject matter knowledge and Technical expertise to drive implementation\. Liaise with CTO security and Information Security etc to ensure we design for security meeting legal and internal requirements while providing access to both internal and external users\.Resource should be able to understand other technical impacts especially performance and drive solutions accordingly
* Manage a team of solution architects that is geographically distributed across time zones
* Ability to work with multiple cultures, both within team and stakeholders
* Ensure Solution Architecture leads are developed to their full potential and gaining relevant experience while driving solution architecture and defining the standards/guidelines and managing the TDA processes\.
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
* Experience leading large BI programs/projects at a global scale being responsible for solution architecture
* Experience leading Technical Design Authority and creation of standards
* Experience building and managing high performing teams and design/delivery of quality BI and Analytical solutions
* Deep appreciation of IT systems landscape and impact of architecture/design decisions on quality and delivery
* Extensive experience in Information & Analytics Application development lifecycle including agile/devops methodologies and E2E design\.
* Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science required and Masters/MBA preferred
* Externalyears of experience in IT with significant years of experience working on solution architecture of I&A solutions including leading Enterprise Data Warehouse and Big Data architectures\.
Standards of Leadership:
* Bias for Action
* Building Talent and Teams
* Growth Mindset
* Consumer and Customer Focus
* Accountability & Responsibility
* I&A – LT
* Enterprise Architecture \(CTO\) LT
* ETS Functional Directors/SMEs
* I&A Capability \(GDS, R&P, MDM, Analytics\) Tower Leads
* ES\-IT Infrastructure Architects
* Business Leaders / SMEs
* Strategic IT Suppliers
* Other Relevant Managers, Directors and VPs
Unilever is a global Fast\-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland\.We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact\. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment\.We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow \- making sustainable living commonplace\.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands\. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference\.
HOW TO APPLY
Hear stories from our Unilever Makers and understand how you can start your own Unilever career at:http://www\.unilever\.co\.uk/careers\-jobs/professionals/\.
Or to apply now, click on “Apply to this job”\. All candidate applications are reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined for the job role\. Please note that the closing date for the receipt of applications is 31st August 2016
Candidates who have applied online can track their application through the candidate tracking link or, if you have any additional queries, you may contact the Recruitment hotline number on 0800 0284390\.
**Job:** Information Technology
**Primary Location:** United Kingdom\-United Kingdom \(County level\)\-Port Sunlight\-Port Sunlight Office&Factories
**Shift:** Day Job
**Travel:** Yes, 5 % of the Time
**Unposting Date:** Aug\-31\-2016, 5:59:00 PM
**Req ID:** 16000DI9