Senior Corporate Travel Consultant
**Requisition #:** USAEAST-11884
**Position Type:** Full Time - Regular
**Work Cities:** Atlanta GA-US
Baton Rouge LA-US
Fort Worth TX-US
Ft Lauderdale FL-US
Kansas City MO-US
Los Angeles CA-US
New York NY-US
San Jose CA-US
San Diego CA-US
San Francisco CA-US
Auburn Hills MI-US
Las Vegas NV-US
Oklahoma City OK-US
Santa Fe NM-US
San Antonio TX-US
St. Louis MO-US
Salt Lake City
**Where will** **your** **career take you?**
**We're not just any travel management company.**
**We help clients** **_travel smart_** **and** **_achieve_** **_more._**
**Senior Corporate Travel Consultant - Work from Home**
Fulfills Corporate Travel Customers’ travel related requests in airline ticketing arrangements, hotel accommodations and car rentals to result in maximized profitability for the client and BCD Travel. Provides customer service through the communication of travel related information.
**Specific to North America Support Team:**
The North America Support Team provides virtual or onsite coverage to multiple accounts on multiple GDS on various shifts. Shift end times could be into the evening. If travel is required it could be on weekends. Must be self-directed and able to juggle demands of varied account management, varied account specifics with different levels of training provided by the accounts, varied account productivity expectations, high volume, and international / domestic mix. Flexibility is required. Last minute changes in assignments / shifts are common. Time off dates must be provided well in advance as confirmed assignments may not allow for changes to time off. Monthly courses must be taken on KnowledgeHub. Experience on SABRE and Apollo is required. Training on other GDS may not be provided unless time, budget and assignment potential permit. Ability is needed to place hotel and other travel expense on personal credit card for reimbursement. Monthly internet connectivity expense reports are to be completed.
**Sabre and Apollo GDS experience required.**
**This position is eligible for work from home option within the U.S.**
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:**
- Books reservations for air travel, hotel and car rentals, following up when necessary to complete the reservation.
- Responds to requests for price quotations utilizing automated system(s) for domestic and international itineraries.
- Conforms to client travel standards and policies.
- Promotes the acceptance of fares, rates, and suppliers that match the client’s travel program policies and negotiated contracts. Applies discount programs appropriately.
- Moves market share for BCD Travel preferred suppliers.
- Maintains and promotes professional and courteous client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications.
- Remains informed of all airline rules and regulations and current affairs. Communicates information to clients accurately and appropriately.
- Achieves individual and contractual service level goals related to telephone, quality, and productivity.
- Maintains client profiles, ensuring specials requests and reward program information such as frequent flyer / driver / hotel stay are included.
- Monitors, sorts and works global distribution systems (GDS) queues daily to maintain quality control.
- Ensures optimum customer service through effective use of phone systems and positive telephone service techniques.
- Knows and properly uses: airline terminology, codes, fare basis, airline rules and tariffs, resource guides, books, and industry contacts.
- Assume Lead Consultant role when required.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Professional telephone skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Capability of maintaining a favorable company image when interfacing with outside sources.
- Ability to maintain work volume and quality consistent with peers.
- Proven pursuit of learning and self-development.
- Ability to manage responsibilities in a manner to result in lower costs and better efficiencies for the company.
- Ability to demonstrate personal and organizational integrity.
- Competency to maintain positive client and co-worker relationships—Establishing, developing, and maintaining trust and loyalty over time and through changes.
- Capability of working in a team environment supporting management and staff, following policies, providing feedback, assisting in special projects, and taking on additional responsibility.
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Organizational skills that result in high productivity.
- Minimum of four (4) + years active Travel Consultant experience in the past 6 years.
- Strong domestic knowledge and basic international knowledge.
- Above average productivity level (subject to management assessment for off-the-phone projects).
- Achieve established office goals for measurable accuracy.
- Demonstrated professional customer service skills.
- Proficiency with Sabre and Apollo GDS.
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed or scheduled.
**Field of Interest Category:** Travel Operations
**Percent of Travel:** 1-25%