**GRANDVIEW MEDICAL CENTER OPERATING ROOM**
The Grandview Medical Center Operating Room consists of 11 operating rooms plus a Bronchoscopy lab. At Grandview, we do a wide range of surgical cases with the exception of robotics and gynecological cases. Our surgery cases include general, neurology, urology, bariatric, vascular, endovascular, open heart, orthopedic spine, orthopedics, total joint replacements, eyes, ENT, dental, and many more. Grandview Medical Center is a Level III Trauma Center and a Bariatric Center of Excellence. This operating room has gained strong partnerships between staff and physicians leading to a very team-oriented approach to patient care.
The Surgical Tech functions as a vital part of the surgical team at Grandview Medical Center. Responsible for assisting in direct care to patients, Surgical Techs continually support surgeons and nurses by selecting, setting up, and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants. The Surgical Tech’s actions and communications should reflect Kettering Health Networks mission, vision, values, and policies in interactions with patients, families, and coworkers.
* _PREVIOUS OPEN HEART EXPERIENCE REQUIRED_
* Minimum of a High School Diploma required
* Certification from National Board of Surgical Technology (NBSTA) or applicable on-the-job or military training required. Surgical Technicians without proper certification must acquire certification within one year of hire.
* Current BLS certification required.
* ACLS, NPR, and PALS as determined by unit scope of practice.
*Requisition Number:* 17-0100
*Title:* SURGICAL TECHNICIAN - GRANDVIEW MEDICAL CENTER
*Department:* OPERATING ROOM - 360030
*Location:* Grandview Medical Center
*Job Status:* Resource/Pool
*Hours per Bi-Weekly Pay Period:* 0