Queensborough Community College, a community college of The City University of New York, seeks a Vice President and Chief Communication & Marketing Officer who will provide strategic vision and leadership for all internal and external marketing, communication, and public engagement efforts. Serving as a member of the President’s Cabinet, the Vice President will support enrollment, fundraising, and the overall advancement of the College. S/he will serve as the spokesperson for the College and will lead a proactive approach to the integration and dissemination of communication and materials to promote the College, its programs, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and cultural centers. S/he will be responsible for the development and implementation of all branding and communication strategies.
The portfolio includes public and media relations, public engagement and community outreach, publications, advertising, website strategy and development, social media and digital marketing, enrollment marketing, electronic communication, photography, videography, content strategy and development, printing and production services.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President will be a key member of the executive staff and will work closely with the President and other senior leaders of the College. The Vice President will ensure that the Department of Communications and Marketing supports a range of strategic initiatives, including student recruitment, fundraising, alumni relations, faculty research, press engagement, and professional studies programs. The Vice President must serve as a champion of the College's vision and mission and its diversity. The successful candidate must have extraordinary communication skills and be an open, achievement-oriented professional with experience in supporting and engaging key leaders and stakeholders. The individual should have a collegial, team-building style with a demonstrated ability to motivate staff to keep them engaged, energized, and focused on results and to cultivate productivity, collaborative relationships with faculty, board members, alumni, and staff across the College.
The duties and responsibilities of the position will include:
* Create and implement a strategic external public relations and communication plan for the College, including the website, print and electronic materials, annual reports, speeches, and press releases.
* Respond to inquiries from print and other media in cooperation with the University Central Office to ensure consistent and positive messaging for Queensborough Community College and The City University of New York.
* Work with the President and Cabinet to develop and prepare official communication for internal and external consumption.
* Serve as the College’s chief brand officer, with the responsibility of positioning the College in the market by managing the overall messaging and visual identity of the College website, print materials, and other collateral to raise the visibility and reputation of the College in targeted geographic, academic and industry markets; oversee regulation of trademark licensing.
* Oversee all aspects of the development, design, writing, production and dissemination of the college's printed and electronic editorial material, including video.
* Build and provide leadership and direction for a team of marketing and communication professionals including writers, editorial staff, graphic designers, videographers, photographers, print production specialists, and Web developers and designers.
* Collaborate with the vice presidents of student affairs and institutional advancement to develop and implement marketing strategies in support of institutional goals related to the recruitment of students, cultivation of alumnae/i and donors and engagement and retention of current students.
* Manage and direct the communication and marketing needs of all departments within the College; advise all departments and staff on communication and public relations issues.
* Develop and implement strategies to improve the use of the Web and e-mail to disseminate College news and information.
* Develop a comprehensive and proactive crisis communication plan that effectively preserves and ensures the integrity of the college’s reputation, history and traditions.
* Adhere to financial and budgetary planning policies and manage the department’s budget.
* Perform other related duties as assigned, including attendance at particular functions and events throughout the year.
* Manage internal and external press conferences and events.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience. Additional qualifications are defined below by the College.
Demonstrated proven track record of at least eight years executing creative and goal-oriented marketing and communication strategies that include management of a comprehensive marketing and communication department;
Experience in higher education or relevant nonprofit management preferred;
Demonstrated skills in writing, message development, and audience identification;
Experience in all of the following formats: print and electronic; internal and external; online advertising and marketing; marketing collateral; brand development and management; content strategy and development; government relations; search engine optimization (SEO) and public relations;
Experience managing and/or developing digital media;
Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; proven effectiveness in working collaboratively;
Ability to understand and respond to financial policies and budgetary planning;
Experience managing a professional print/production facility;
Experience working collaboratively with stakeholders including students, faculty, board members, alumni and staff across the College; must have a record of developing and sustaining relationships in a community;
Strong interpersonal and management skills; ability to communicate effectively within a complex organization, as well as demonstrated ability to explore new approaches to traditional communications objectives;
Ability to work and communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, and alumni of varying racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, disability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
February 19, 2017. Review of resumes February 3, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
*Location:* Queensborough CC
*Job Title:* Vice President and Chief Communications and Marketing Officer
*Job ID:* 16274
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time