Baruch College invites applications for the Student Life Child Care Center Manager. This position reports to Associate Dean of Students.
The duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
* Oversee the program’s admission procedures including ongoing recruitment, scheduling orientation and tours, maintaining a waitlist and facilitating registration.
* Provide inclusion whenever feasible to children receiving or in need of special education services through Early Intervention and the Committee on Preschool Special Education and provide support to student families.
* When necessary serve as classroom teacher, prepare lesson plans, and execute teaching responsibilities and regularly oversees lesson plans and develop long range curriculum goals for all children in the Center’s care.
* Prepare documents and reports for the Board of Directors of the Early Learning Center, as needed.
* Develop and support student-family engagement activities through the Student-Parent Association.
* Work with the Division of Student Affairs to identify opportunities to promote the Early Learning Center to newly admitted and prospective undergraduate and graduate students as well as to other potential stakeholders.
* Participate in relevant meetings within the department, Student Affairs Leadership Team (SALT), College, Central Office, and the Child Care Council at CUNY.
* Bachelor’s degree and six years’ related experience required; BA in one or combination of following areas: Early Childhood Education, Business Management, Organizational Management or Communications
* Master’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education or a related field preferred (may substitute for up to two years' of the required experience)
* Must meet NY State licensing requirements and all other regulatory requirements for a child care director
* Five or more (5+) years' director experience in a licensed child care setting preferred plus three (3) years' teaching or supervisory experience
* Must be able to lead a team, supervise personnel, and manage all aspects of center activities
* Must demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of child development, parenting, developmentally appropriate practice, and how to incorporate these into the operation of a high-quality early childhood center
* Must be able to work well within a culturally diverse environment
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages an on-site campus child care center to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children in the center's care.
* Represents the center to a wide range of constituents within and outside the College
* Manages planning, budgeting, facilities, and other administrative issues
* Provides leadership in hiring, supervising, developing, and evaluating staff; oversees staff interaction with students; assures adequate coverage during hours of operation
* Develops appropriate learning programs and activities for children
* Maintains compliance with relevant regulations and health and safety guidelines
* Creates and maintains policy and procedure materials and assures the staff is trained appropriately
* Provides on-site presence for parent communications and problem resolution
* Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Life Child Care Center Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
December 23, 2016
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
*Location:* Baruch College
*Job Title:* Student Life Child Care Center Manager
*Job ID:* 16019
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time