Dear Readers, we are presenting Daily Current Affairs for All Exams- 21th January 2017. Daily Current Affairs and General Knowledge is very helpful for IBPS Bank Exams, SBI , RBI Assistant,NIACL, SSC and Railway Exams.
1. Donald Trump sworn-in as US President
1. Donald Trump took power as the 45th president of the United States on Friday and pledged to pursue “America First” policies in an inaugural address that was a populist, anti-Washington rallying cry.
2. Sketching a bleak vision of a country he said was ravaged by rusted-out factories, crime, gangs and drugs, Trump indirectly blamed his predecessors in the White House for policies that helped the establishment at the expense of struggling families.
2. Union Government clears Tamil Nadu’s Ordinance on Jallikattu
1. The Union Government has Tamil Nadu government’s proposal to promulgate an ordinance to hold Jallikattu, a traditional bull taming sport.
2. The Union Ministries of Home, Law and Environment has vetted the state’s draft ordinance and cleared the amendment. Now, Tamil Nadu Governor can promulgate ordinance as per Article 213 of the constitution.
3. India, UAE hold first strategic dialogue
1. India and the UAE held the first meeting of their strategic dialogue in New Delhi to elevate the bilateral relationship to Comprehensive Strategic Partnership.
2. The meeting was co-chaired by Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs M J Akbar and MoS in Ministry of Foreign Affairs of UAE Anwar Gargash.
3. The first dialogue took place pursuant to the decision to elevate the relations to a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership following Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the UAE in August 2015 followed by crown prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan visit to India in February 2016.
4. PNB launches Contactless Credit Card
1. In another digitalisation initiative, Punjab National Bank (PNB) has launched a Contactless Credit Card.
2. This new credit card, which has been named PNB Wave N Pay --Contactless Card, was launched by Usha Ananthasubramanian, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer.
3. This card could be used by just waving it across the terminal and the transaction will be through. There is no need to enter any PIN for transactions up to Rs. 2,000.
5. 'Dangal' creates history, crosses Rs 375 crore mark
1. Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan's sports drama 'Dangal' -- which has already garnered the "highest grosser of Hindi cinema" -- is going strong at theatres even after four weeks since its release. The film had raked in Rs 376.14 crore at the domestic box office .
2. The Nitesh Tiwari directorial, which released on December 23 last year, has become the first Bollywood film to cross the Rs 375 crore mark.
3. 'Dangal' is based on the life of wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat. It has been lauded by the audiences for its powerful portrayal of the story of Phogat, who, much to the disapproval of his wife and his whole village, trained his daughters Geeta and Babita to wrestle.
Tags-Current Affairs, Daily Current Affairs, January 2017 Current Affairs