Dear readers, we are providing important current affairs of 1-19th September for upcoming BOB exam and other competitive exams.
Click Here to Download in PDF
1. President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed former IAS officer Alka Sirohi as chairman of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) as per Article 316 of Constitution. She will replace Deepak Gupta who demits office on 20th September 2016. She will be in office till completion of her term as member on January 3, 2017.
2. Hearing-impaired Indian shooter Priyesha Deshmukh won the bronze medal in her first-ever international competition at the first World Deaf Shooting Championships.
3. Indian shooters clinched seven medals, including three gold, on the opening day of the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World Cup for pistol, rifle and shotgun at Gabala in Azerbaijan.
Subhankar Pramanick: He clinched gold medal in 50-metre rifle prone event.
Sambhaji Patil: He won the junior men's 25-metre standard pistol event by shooting 562 to easily beat Australians Sergei Evglevski and James Ashmore.
Sambhaji along with compatriots Gurmeet and Rituraj Singh helped India to win the team gold.
4. Pulitzer-winning US playwright Edward Albee passed away following a brief illness in Montauk, New York. He was 88.
5. China and Russia have carried out joint naval exercises dubbed as Joint Sea-2016 in the resource-rich South China Sea (SCS) off China’s southern Guangdong province.
6. A mega unit of Patanjali Herbal and Food Park is to be set up in Nepal, Yoga guru Baba Ramdev announced during Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kumar Dahal’s visit to the Patanjali processing unit in Haridwar.
7. State-owned term lender IFCIwill sell its entire stake in Assets Care and Reconstruction Enterprise Limited (ACRE) to Axis Bank for Rs 22.72 crore.
8. Bengaluru-based Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Bollywood actors Katrina Kaif and Juhi Chawla are among recipients of the Priyadarshini Global Awards 2016 which will be presented on September 19.
9. China, launched its second experimental space station.The Tiangong 2 was carried into space from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center on the edge of the Gobi Desert in northern China.
10. Lord Narendra Babubhai Patel ,a 78-year-old Indian-origin British obstetrician and member of the UK Parliament was honored the 'Lifetime Achievement Award'during the Asian Achievers Awards for his work in the medical profession and public life in Britain over the years.
11. Guided missile destroyer 'Mormugao' launched in Mumbai.The vessel has been built by government-run Mazgaon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd (MDL) and belongs to the Visakhapatnam class of ships being constructed under Project 15B.
12. World Bank will invest nearly 1,000 crore rupees in Assam for the betterment of the inland waterways.
13. India and Nepal signed three MoUs and agreements to enhance the bilateral agreement between the two nations. The agreements were inked during the four-day-visit (from 15 September to 18 September 2016) of Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda to India.
14. Nadia Murad Basee Taha, who survived trafficking at the hands of Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), was appointed the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Goodwill Ambassador for the Dignity of Survivors of Human Trafficking.
15. Sports Minister Vijay Goel conferred Arjuna Awards on cricketers Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane at a function in New Delhi. Sharma was given the award for 2015 and Rahane for 2016.
16. Punjab National Bank has roped in Indian test skipper Virat Kohli as brand ambassador to improve its image which has taken a hit due to rising bad loans.
17. Indian-American physician-author, Abraham Verghese (61) has been selected for the prestigious 2015 National Humanities Medal. President Barack Obama will bestow the honour upon Verghese along with 11 others recipient’s at a ceremony to be held in Washington on 21st September 2016.
18. The International Democracy Day is being observed every year on 15 September to raise public awareness about the democratic system. The observance of the day provides an opportunity to review the state of democracy in the world.
19. The 2016 International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer was observed across the world on 16 September 2016. The theme for the year 2016 is Ozone and climate: Restored by a world united.
20. Indian football giants East Bengal won the Calcutta Football League (CFL) for the seventh consecutive time.
21. The United States President Barack Obama designated the country’s first marine national monument, Northeast Canyons and Seamounts Marine National Monument, in the Atlantic Ocean. Northeast Canyons and Seamounts Marine National Monument
22. In a step to ensure that the details of Aadhaar is not misused, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) asked agencies in possession of Aadhaar number of an individual to not publish or post the information publicly.
23. India-born innovator and scientist Ramesh Raskar has won the prestigious 2016 Lemelson-MIT Prize. He is an associate professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT’s) Media Lab.
24. Gautam Gambhir-led India Blue on 14 September 2016 won the inaugural day/night Duleep Trophy Cricket tournament held in Greater Noida.
25. Japanese automobile maker Isuzu Motors announced the appointments of Hiroshi Nakagawa as the Chairman of Isuzu Motors India (IMI) with immediate effect.
26. Vijay Goel, Union Sports Minister, Janardan Singh Gehlot, President of International Kabaddi Federation, on 14 September 2016 formally unveiled the logo of the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup.
The logo is derived from the natural heritage of Gujarat, the Asiatic Lion, symbolising the ferocity of a Kabaddi defender and the agility of a raider.
27. Indian Cyclists won six medals, including three gold, two silver and one bronze on the opening day of the Track Asia Cup 2016 in New Delhi. The medal winners for India include Deborah Herold, Kezia Vargheese, Alena Reji, Rajkumari Devi, Nayana Rajesh and Anu Chutia.
28. The United States signed a 38 billion dollars deal with Israel to provide the country with military assistance over a 10-year period, from 2019 to 2028. The deal is the largest such agreement the US has ever had with any country.
29. The third edition of BRICS Urbanisation Forum Meet has started in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. The three days conference was be inaugurated by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu in the presence of Union Minister of Urban Development, M. Venkaiah Naidu.
30. Sikkim’s Sushmita Rai in the second week of September 2016 won a bronze medal at the recently concluded World Martial Arts Masterships 2016, which was held at Cheongju, Chungcheongbuk-do of South Korea.
31. China and Vietnam agreed to properly manage their differences over territorial disputes in the South China Sea and safeguard stability. This followed as an international tribunal rejected the Chinese claims over the region on a petition brought before it by the Philippines.
32. Javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia became the first Indian to clinch two gold medals at the Paralympics. He broke his own world record to clinch the medals at the Rio Games.
33. Indian Railways Men Hockey Team on 11 September 2016 won the MCC Murugappa Gold Cup Hockey Tournament 2016 in Chennai. It is for the first time that Indian Railways clinched the title.
In the finals, Indian Railways Hockey Team defeated Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) Team by 2 - 1.
34. National Hindi Divas (Hindi Day) was observed across India on 14 September 2016. The day was observed to promote the Matra Bhasha – the mother tongue of India and show its importance as a language in the country and the world at large.
35. The Union Cabinet has approved establishment of Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA) to give a major push for creation of high quality infrastructure in premier educational institutions. The HEFA will be jointly promoted by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and identified Promoter. HEFA will have an authorised capital of 2,000 crore rupees and the government equity would be 1,000 crore rupees.
36. India’s top women bankers, SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya, ICICI head Chanda Kochhar and Axis Bank CEO Shikha Sharma, are among the 50 most powerful women based outside the US, according to a list by Fortune, which is topped by Banco Santander’s boss Ana Bot
37. Indian athlete Deepa Malik became the first Indian woman to bag a medal at the Paralympics.
Malik clinched a silver medal in the shotput F-53 event. Her throw of 4.61m was the best in her six attempts.
38. South Korean electronics major Samsung Electronics announced that Vice Chairman Lee Jae-yong will be appointed as a registered executive director on the board.
39. The world’s first daily driverless bus service has started in Lyon, . France which will run in the city’s Confluence area. The driverless bus service includes two electric shuttles that will transport passengers on a ten-minute route hosting five stops.
40. The Union Cabinet approved the process, formation and functioning of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council. The council will consist of the Finance Minister and State Finance Ministers. It will make recommendations on important issues related to GST, including items and rates.
41. Third seed Stan Wawrinka defeated world number one Novak Djokovic to lift the 2016 US Open Men’s Singles title.
42. Army Green won the Durand Cup football title. In the final of Asia's oldest football tournament in New Delhi, Army Green defeated Neroca FC 6-5 via penalty shoot outs.
43. Union Government issued fresh flexi-fund guidelines for Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS). The guidelines would give more freedom to states in spending money under the CSS to meet local developmental requirements. Under the new norms, flexi-funds in each CSS have been increased from the current 10 percent to 25 percent for states and 30 percent for Union Territories.
44. India along with 10 other member countries of WHO's South-East Asian Regional Committee on 9 September 2016 decided to set up a dedicated fund aimed at building preparedness for health emergencies in the region. The joint funding stream will be established under the South-East Asia Regional Health Emergency Fund (SEARHEF).
45. Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) launched e-nivaran (electronic resolution) facility for online redressal of taxpayers’ grievances. The grievances can be related to refunds, Income Tax Returns (ITRs), Tax Deducted at Source (TDS), and Permanent Account Number (PAN) among others.
46. Bakytzhan Sagintaev appointed as Prime minister of Kazakhstan by Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev on September 9,2016.
47. Great Britain’s Jamie Murray and Brazil's Bruno Soares won their second Grand Slam doubles title, defeating Spaniards Pablo Carreño Busta and Guillermo García-López 6-2, 6-3.
48. Vietnam won its first-ever Paralympic gold medal after para weightlifter Le Van Cong lifted 183 kgs, to set a new world record at the event.
49. Real Madrid registered a 5-2 win over Osasuna in the La Liga, marking a 15th straight league win. Thereby equalling their longest winning streak in Spain. Ronaldo
50.Renowned Yog Guru and founder of Patanjali group Baba Ramdev has laid the foundation stone of his dream project Patanjali Mega Food and Herbal Park in Mihan area which is located at outskirts of Nagpur.
51. German professional tennis player Angelique Kerber won her first U.S. Open title and the second Grand Slam trophy of her breakthrough season. The German defeated Karolina Pliskova 6-3, 4-6, 6-4.
52. Mariyappan Thangavelu won India’s first gold medal at the Rio Paralympics. He won the gold in the Men’s High Jump T-42 event with a leap of 1.89 metres.
53. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) cancelled the certificate of registration of five non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).
The NBFCs whose certificate of registration were cancelled includes
• M/s Simco Consultants Private Limited
• M/s Lunkad Securities Ltd
• M/s Rajvir Marketing and Investment Private Limited
• M/s Crystal Investments Limited
• M/s Shri Jaya Investments Agency Limited (formerly known as Arcot Finance & Agency Limited)
54. Civil Aviation Ministry prohibited the use and carriage of Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 smart phone on board aircraft. The decision was taken in light of several incidents globally, involving the battery of Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
55. Haryana has bagged ‘Best Horticulture State’ award for the concerted efforts made by the state government to increase the income of the farmers in horticulture.
56. The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has commissioned well-equipped offshore patrolling (OPV) vessel named ‘Sarathi’.
57. Mandi in Himachal Pradesh and Sindhudurg in Maharashtra have emerged the cleanest districts in India according Gramin Swachh Survekshan.
58. HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company (HDFC ERGO) has completed the acquisition of 100 percent shares of L&T General Insurance Company (L&T Insurance) for Rs 551 crore.
59. India’s largest private sector bank ICICI Bank has successfully deployed ‘Software Robotics’ for power banking operations. With this, it becomes first bank in the country and among few globally to deploy ‘Software Robotics’.
60. Novel based on Apatani tribe of Arunachal Pradesh titled Into the Hidden Valley has won 2016 MM Bennetts Award for Historical Fiction in the United Kingdom. The novel is authored by Stuart Blackburn. He was presented with this award at the HNS Conference in Oxford.
61. Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) nominated the two-time Olympic-medallist wrestler Sushil Kumar for the Padma Bhushan, India's third-highest civillian honour.
62. The US space agency, NASA, launched OSIRIS-REx (Origins, Spectral Interpretation, Resource Identification, Security-Regolith Explorer) spacecraft. The unmanned spacecraft, OSIRIS-REx, blasted off onboard a United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V rocket from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
63. President Pranab Mukherjee has given assent to the Constitution (122nd Amendment) (GST) Bill, 2014 as per Article 111 of the Constitution. With the assent, bill becomes law and opens road to roll out a new indirect tax regime and gives way for the concept of one nation, one tax.
64.The Union Government has launched a new service -integration of DigiLocker with Driving Licenses (DL) & Vehicle Registration Certificates (RC). It was jointly launched by Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari and Union Minister of Electronics & Information Technology and Law & Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad in New Delhi.
65. The International Literacy Day is being observed 08 September every year to emphasize the importance of literacy to individuals, society and communities This year, the world is celebrating 50th International Literacy Day. The day was established in 1966 by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
66. India, Kazakhstan joint bilateral military exercise PRABAL DOSTYK-16 began in Karaganda region of Kazakhstan. The fourteen day (till 17 September 2016) will be a significant step towards fostering military as well as diplomatic ties between both countries. ‘Prabal Dostyk’ means ‘Robust Friendship’
67. Local search engine Just Dial has got in-principle nod from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for launching its prepaid wallet.
68.The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched its advanced weather satellite INSAT-3DR at 4.50 pm today from Satish Dhawan Space Centre. GSLV-F05 in its 10th flight has launched the 2,211 kg advanced weather satellite INSAT-3DR into Geostationary Transfer Orbit (GTO). INSAT-3DR will provide a variety of meteorological services to the country.
69. The Union Government has approved 450 crore rupees for Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh and Sikkim under the Swadesh Darshan scheme. It was approved by the Union Tourism Ministry for the development of Heritage circuit in Madhya Pradesh and Uttarakhand, Ramayana Circuit in Uttar Pradesh, North East Circuit in Sikkim and Coastal Circuit of Tamil Nadu.
70. India and Chile have inked an agreement to expand the scope of their existing Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA) by covering more goods for tariff concessions. A PTA between India and Chile was earlier signed in March 2006 and had come into force with effect from August, 2007.
71. Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd on Wednesday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with HDFC ERGO General Insurance as a preferred insurance partner for Honda two-wheelers in India.
72. Online classifieds company Quikr has acquired Stepni, a platform that connects vehicle owners with service providers nearest to them, in an attempt to strengthen its offerings under QuikrCars. However, the financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
73. South African Lindsay Tuckett, who was the oldest surviving former Test cricketer, passed away on 6 in Bloemfontein. He was 97.
74. The Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE) of Kolkata on 30 August 2016 handed over TIHAYU, the Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC) to the Indian Navy. The warship was handed over by Rear Admiral (Retd) AK Verma, CMD of GRSE to the Commanding Officer Cdr Ajay Kashov.
75. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) successfully completed test flight of indigenous Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) Bengaluru.The LUH will replace the military’s obsolescent fleet of Chetak and Cheetah helicopters that have flown for over three decades.
76. Western Odisha on 6 September 2016 celebrated the festival of Nuakhai, the agrarian festival of the region, with religious fervour.
77. The 2016 Group of Twenty (G20) Summit was held in Hangzhou, China from 4th to 5th September 2016 to discuss efforts to reform global economic governance. It was the eleventh meeting of the G20. It was the first ever G20 summit to be hosted in China and the second Asian country after 2010 G20 Seoul summit was hosted in South Korea.The theme of 2016 G20 Summit: “Toward an Innovative, Invigorated, Interconnected and Inclusive World Economy”.
78. The Union Health Ministry has recently launched the “Leprosy Case Detection Campaign (LCDC)” to eradicate leprosy from the country. The 2-week-long massive campaign was launched by Union Health Minister J P Nadda. It will be focusing on 149 endemic districts in India.
79. Assam-based ecologist and conservation activist Bibhuti Lahkar has won prestigious ‘Heritage Heroes Award’ of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). With this, he became the first Asian to win this prestigious environmental award. He was presented this award at the IUCN’s ongoing World Conservation Congress in Honolulu, Hawaii.
80. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has officially declared Sri Lanka a malaria-free, after certifying that the life-threatening disease had been completely eliminated in the island. With this, Sri Lanka became second country in the South-East Asia Region declared as malaria after Maldives by the WHO.
81. Indian pair of Pranaav Jerry Chopra and N Sikki Reddy have won the 2016 Brazil Open Grand Prix title of Badminton in the mixed doubles category. It was their maiden Grand Prix title.
82. The Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS) of Malappuram, Kerala was on 1 September 2016 conferred with the 2016 Unesco Confucius Prize for Literacy. The award was conferred on the JSS in recognition of its literacy-linked skill development activities among the underprivileged in rural areas.
83. Religare Enterprises Limited (REL) on 5 September 2016 appointed Sunil Godhwani as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
84. Cardiologist K K Aggarwal was unanimously . elected as the National President of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) for the year 2016-17. Aggarwal is currently the Secretary General of the IMA.
85. The International Day of Charity was on 5 September 2016 observed globally with an aim to recognise the role of charity in alleviating human suffering within and among nations, as well as of the efforts of charitable organizations and individuals including the work of Mother Teresa.The day was first celebrated in 2013.
86.The Odisha Government launched the Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana (BKRY) in three districts of the state.The scheme was launched for the development of girls.The scheme will be implemented for three years in Ganjam, Dhenkanal and Angul districts on a pilot basis.
87. Noted Assamese poet, literary critic and author Nalinidhar Bhattacharyya passed away in Guwahati following age-old ailments. He was 95.
88.Every year 5th September is being observed as National Teachers Day in India. Observance of this day commemorates the birthday of India’s first Vice President and second President Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan since 1962.
89. Urjit Patel has assumed charge as the 24th Governor of Reserve Bank, succeeding Raghuram Rajan whose three-year controversy-ridden tenure ended .
90. Pope Francis declared Mother Teresa a saint praising the tiny nun for having taken in society’s most unwanted and for having shamed world leaders for the “crimes of poverty they themselves created.”
91. Scientists have named a small maroon and gold fish species after the U.S. President Barack Obama which was discovered 300 feet deep in the waters off Kure Atoll in the Pacific ocean.
92. The Union Government has announced a special package of 200 crore rupees for Jammu and Kashmir to engage youth of the state in constructive sporting activities. The package will provide construction of indoor sporting halls in all districts of the state to provide playing facilities to youth during long winter.
93. Canada’s British Columbia province has become the first foreign government to issue of masala bonds, a rupee-denominated bond. It had issued Rs 500 crore rupee denominated overseas bonds (masala bond) on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) and successfully raised $75 million (about Rs 500 crore).
94. The Election Commission of India (ECI) has granted national party status to All India Trinamool Congress (TMC) Party led by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. The party has fulfilled the required conditions to become a national party after getting status of state party in four states.
95. Gumthala Garhu Village near Pehowa in Kurukshetra district in Haryana became the first Wifi hotspot village in Haryana circle. The service was inaugurated by Chief Minister Manohar Lal from Chandigarh under the bulk plan of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) to provide internet services to rural areas.
96. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Chairperson and Managing Director of Biocon Limited was appointed Knight of the National Order of the French Legion of Honour (Chevalier de l’Ordre National de la Légion d’Honneur).
97. Uzbekistan's President Islam Karimov passed away on 2 September 2016 at Tashkent, Uzbekistan. He was 78.
98. Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao, Governor of Maharashtra, was sworn in as the acting Governor of Tamil Nadu as the tenure of K. Rosaiah ended on 31 August 2016.
99. India and Vietnam today signed 12 agreements in a wide range of areas covering defence, IT, space, double taxation and sharing white shipping information, signalling a strong upward push in their strategic ties. The agreements were signed by officials of the two sides in presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Vietnamese counterpart Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
100. Flipkart Group company Myntra on Friday announced the appointment of Manohar Kamath as head of Myntra Fashion Brands (MFB). A seasoned leader in the fashion and retail industry with over 25 years of experience, Manohar will take over from the current head of MFB, Abhishek Verma.
101. The Guinness World Records declared Assam's Majuli as the largest river island in the world. The island is located in the Brahmaputra River.
102. Veteran trade union leader Sharad Rao passed away in Mumbai. He was 78.
103. A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket exploded on its Cape Canaveral launch pad during a test .The explosion destroyed a commercial satellite that Facebook had planned to use to extend Internet access in Africa.
104. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc tied-up with Amazon.com Inc on smart-home services. This tie-up will help enabling the services of Amazon such as the Alexa virtual assistant on some of the electronics maker's devices.
105. India and Egypt signed an agreement on Maritime Transport. The agreemnt would help the two nations to step-up co-operation on the seas not only in terms of maritime commerce but also in transit of naval vessels. The agreement was signed after delegation level talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting President of Egypt Abdel Fattah El-Sisi in New Delhi.
106. India has been placed at the 35th rank in the World Bank’s 2016 Logistics Performance Index (LPI) among 160 countries. The index was recently released by World Bank in its report titled ‘Connecting to Complete 2016’. India has leapfrogged by 19 spots to 35th rank compared with 54th rank in 2014 LPI.
107. The Union Government has notified National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) for providing apprenticeship training to over 50 lakh youngsters in order to create more jobs. The Scheme has an outlay of 10,000 crore rupees with a target of 50 Lakh apprentices to be trained by 2019-20. It is first of its kind scheme notified to offer financial incentives to employers.
108. The annual socio-religious Solung festival of Adi tribe has started in Arunachal Pradesh. Solung is 5-day long agro-based festival is celebrated every year by the Adi tribe in the first week of September.
109. Michel Temer, Brazil's former Vice President, was on 31 August 2016 sworn in as the President of Brazil. Temer is expected to stay in power until the next scheduled election in late 2018.
110. The 2016 BRICS Convention on Tourism has begun at UNESCO World heritage site Khajuraho in Madhya Pradesh to promote intra-regional tourism. The two day convention was inaugurated by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Tourism and Culture.
111. The Union Government has constituted four member expert committee to study slit in river Ganga in Bihar. The team will be headed by member of Ganga Flood Control commission A .K. Sinha. The committee will submit its report within 10 days.
112. Carnatic singer Thodur Madabusi Krishna and Bezwada Wilson, campaigner for eradication of manual scavenging, on 31 August 2016 received the prestigious Ramon Magsaysay Award 2016.
113. Justice SN Dhingra Commission set up on 31 August 2016 by the Haryana government submitted its report to the Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal. It hinted at irregularities. The commission was set up in May 2015 to probe the circumstances of grant or rejection of licences for development of colonies, group housing societies and commercial complexes in Gurgaon.
114. The Union Defence Ministry has sanctioned the construction of a National War Memorial and National War Museum in New Delhi.The National War Memorial will honour the memory of all soldiers of the Indian Armed Forces who have made the ultimate sacrifice for the nation.
115. India's Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has won the people's choice prize for his sand sculpture titled "Mahatma Gandhi - World Peace" at the ninth Moscow Sand Sculpture Championship 2016.