2017-03-15

Hi everyone,

I have a deposit on an Around the Horn cruise this December with Celebrity. It's been on my bucket list for some time and I'm tempted to cancel my transatlantic and do this instead.

Having said that - I would be sailing solo, I'm a young woman, and I don't speak Spanish. I was able to get by for a few days in Barcelona, but I realize that English is much less prevalent in Chile.

Given the high cost of the trip as a solo, I am considering flying in the day of the cruise via Choice Air. This would save me money on a hotel/transfer and give me some peace of mind being able to use Celebrity's transfer service from the airport (somewhat more important given that there is a religious holiday on the day before/day of the cruise which shuts down the road for a pilgrimage).

My dilemma - the flight would involve a 2 hour stop with a plane change (same airline) in Atlanta. The longer flight to Santiago is scheduled to arrive at 9:45am and the ship departs at 9pm. I'm not worried about making it on time with that flight - what I'm worried about is making it ON that flight - beginning of December isn't typically very snowy yet both in Toronto at Atlanta, but you never know right? Unfortunately the flights getting into Atlanta earlier are very few and far between (and non-existent via choice air! I would have to book direct with Delta and wouldn't have the security of the choice air booking).

So - any thoughts or suggestions? If I fly in that day I would definitely book via choice air and use celebrity's transfer. I would also purchase separate cancellation/interruption insurance as per usual which would give me an extra safety net.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Show more