ITS Programmer Analyst III – SSIS/ETL/Informatica – (Teleworkers Accepted)
Job ID 2013-23904 # Positions 1
Search Category Information Technology
Type Regular Full-Time (30+ hours) Posted Date 8/29/2013
Additional Locations ..
More information about this job:Summary:
Independently designs, develops, modifies, debugs and evaluates programs for functional and operational areas. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues. Functions as an active team member to implement and support various development, design and analysis initiatives employing prescribed methodologies, and follows the Amerigroup Quality Assurance process in the creation of work products. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
1. Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications. Identifies and creatively resolves complex problems.
2. Modifies moderate to complex application programs from detail specifications.
3. Applies a comprehensive knowledge and works independently to code, test, debug, document, implement and maintain software applications.
4. Creates a complex design document through the assessment of requirements. Assesses alternatives to different designs and selects best solution to fit business needs.
5. Reads, interprets, creates and maintains complex conceptual, logical and physical models to include context diagrams, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, data dictionaries and logical flow charts.
6. Assists in ensuring that system improvements are successfully implemented. Resolves complex design issues utilizing software development lifecycle and development methods.
7. Develops multiple, modular objects and the messaging interface between objects to create a complex software package. Reuses objects and creates object inventories.
8. Performs complex queries and updates of tables. Performs complex data modeling and database design with minimal oversight.
9. Defines requirements for application infrastructure including scalability, reliability, availability and serviceability and the trade-offs of each.
10. Performs analysis on new release features and analyze impact on the application and customer’s business process. Participates in potential vendor product/service evaluations to ensure technical requirements and performance measures are met.
11. Performs moderate to complex application administration and support.
12. Performs other duties as assigned/requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Equivalent experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree(s).
Years and Type of Experience Required:
Five years relevant work experience.
Computer Hardware, Software and Applications / Office Equipment – Advanced
Thorough understanding of the core IT applications and systems and the inter-relationship among them. Advanced proficiency with all applicable company supported software applications and the associated infrastructure.
Ability to use hardware and software of a computer to complete certain complex tasks. Skills to use basic office equipment such as telephone, fax machine and copy machine.
Proficiency in a windows environment to include navigation skills and use of internet. Ability to review and draft correspondence in email and word processing systems. Ability to use spreadsheets to review, organize and edit data.
Programming Analysis – Advanced
Thorough understanding of data modeling concepts and their application including entities, tables, relations, constraints, attribute data types and column data types. Understanding of referential integrity, locking and transaction processing. Understands impact of data modeling decision on system performance and resource usage. Knowledge of current and evolving application architecture trends to include infrastructure, software, database, networks and their interdependencies. Thorough understanding of Object oriented analysis and design. Thorough understanding of programming languages such as Objective C, Java, etc. Thorough understanding of environments used when programming such as .NET container or J2EE application server. Understands the strategic alignment of IT solutions with business objectives.
Project Management – Advanced
Ability to develop and implement moderately complex project plans, and manage a project with supervision.
Demonstrates understanding of the organization’s mission and strategies.
Works to clarify and understand the broader purpose and mission of own work.
Integrates and balances big-picture concerns with day-to-day activities.
Generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems.
Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency, simplicity, and revenue.
Make Sound Decisions
Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
Collects sufficient information to understand problems and issues.
Analyzes problems and issues from different points of view.
Applies accurate logic and common sense in making decisions.
Develop/Support Organizational Talent
Relates to people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner.
Treats others with respect.
Listens carefully and attentively to others’ opinions and ideas.
Maintains positive relationships even under difficult or heated circumstances.
Works cooperatively with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Encourages people to draw on each other’s strengths and experience to work together effectively, within and across teams.
Appropriately involves others in decisions and plans that affect them.
Provides honest, helpful feedback to others on their performance.
Shares own experience and expertise with others.
Show Drive and Initiative
Demonstrates a “can-do” spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and commitment.
Maintains a consistent, high level of productivity.
Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action.
Does not easily give up in the face of unexpected obstacles.
Projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others.
Accountability / Optimize Execution
Juggles many priorities and competing demands for one’s time.
Acts resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters.
Removes obstacles in order to move the work forward and/or get efforts back on track.
Surfaces problems and issues before projects get derailed.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices.
Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.