Rogers On Demand offers a massive selection of movies and, for a limited time, has dropped the prices of all movie rentals, including on new releases and past blockbuster hits. Rogers on Demand is included with your Rogers Digital TV subscription – simply go to Channel 100 to purchase new releases in HD for only $5.99 (previously $7.99) and standard-definition and past-blockbuster films for only $4.99 (previously $5.99).
To celebrate these great prices, Connectedrogers.ca is offering movie buffs on Twitter a chance to win* a 40-inch Samsung LED TV worth approximately $749. Simply reply to the daily contest question on https://twitter.com/connectedrogers with a link to Same Great Movies, New Lower Prices article and the hash tag #winTV4ROD, and you’ll be entered for a chance to win. (Contest closes on September 30, 2013. Please find the full rules and regulations below.)
The Connected Rogers ROD Movie-Rental Price Drop Contest
ROGERS Communications Partnership
The Connected Rogers ROD Movie-Rental Price Drop Contest (the “Contest”) is presented and administrated by Rogers Communications Partnership (herein referred as “Rogers” or “Contest Sponsor”).
So don’t delay – visit twitter.com/connectedrogers today. Then, go to Rogers on Demand on Channel 100 and order an affordably priced flick. With so many movies to pick from, you won’t have trouble finding something great to watch!
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to residents of Canada who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, excluding residents of the province of Quebec and excluding employees of the Contest Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest starts at 10 a.m. on September 17, 2013, and continues until 11:59 pm on September 30, 2013, the Contest Closing Date. No purchase necessary. All times are Eastern Daylight Saving Times.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To participate in the Contest, you must have a Twitter account or, should you not have a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com and follow the instructions on how to create your account. There are no fees associated with the creation of a Twitter account. By creating a Twitter account, each entrant agrees to comply with the Terms of Service of Twitter.
Once you’ve joined Twitter, view the daily contest question on the Connected Rogers profile at https://twitter.com/connectedrogers. One (1) question will be posted to https://twitter.com/connectedrogers by 11:00 a.m on each day of the Contest Period. Submissions for each daily contest question must A) be sent in the form of a reply or retweet to @Connectedrogers by 9:00 p.m. that same day, and B) must contain an answer to the question, a link to this article http://bit.ly/18pwPqx and the hashtag #winTV4ROD in order to count as one (1) “entry” in the Contest.
Only one (1) entry per Twitter profile per person per contest question per day. Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter more than once per person – or any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or any entry methods not authorized by these rules – shall be deemed as tampering and will void all of your entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, contain erroneous information or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor.
4. PRIZE: Participants are eligible to win one (1) Samsung 40-inch LED Smart TV having an approximate retail value of $749. The color and model of the prize awarded may differ from the description and photos used in the Contest advertising. The approximate retail value indicated above for the prize is the approximate retail value of the prize at the launch of the Contest. No financial compensation will be made or required if actual costs are lower than the indicated retail value.
5. DRAW: A random draw by a representative of the Contest Sponsor from all entries received will be made at approximately 11:00 a.m. on October 2, 2013, at the Rogers office at One Mount Pleasant Avenue in Toronto. The selected entrant will then be contacted by direct message through their Twitter account and the name will be posted on https://twitter.com/connectedrogers. The entrant is responsible to verify if he/she has been selected and make him/herself known by 9:00 p.m. on the day following the Twitter announcement.
6. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within five (5) business days following the first attempt of contact, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to select another entrant or to cancel the prize.
7. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, redeemable, refundable or exchangeable for cash and not replaceable if lost/stolen. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
8. To be declared a winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question administrated by email or posed by phone at a mutually convenient time; and may need to return a signed Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release.
9. Contest Sponsor’s rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion, the administration of the Contest and the awarding of prizes.
10. By entering this Contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or voice, statements, any photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising agencies in any medium or format without further notice or compensation.
11. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
12. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. To receive a copy of the list of the winners, send a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope on or before the Contest Closing Date to: Connected Rogers, One Mount Pleasant Avenue, 8th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M4Y 2Y5.
13. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor.
15. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize.
16. This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
17. Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
18. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof of being the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the selected entry. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine.