2014-11-09

Ahoy! First post here!

I apologize, I don't have a Work in Progress thread for this one... I didn't read ahead to know that one was preferred, and now I don't have sufficient work in progress files to make one. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Anyhow, this is a sci-fi map I'll be using for an RPG campaign, and possibly some short fiction.

The majority of the work was done in Photoshop, while all icons and text were done in Illustrator.

For an explanation of what's going on in this map...

The colorful, nebulous parts of the map are the Fayde, an anomalous part of space in which Phase Drives (the settings faster-than-light technology) do not function. Thus, although there's no harm in going into the Fayde, travel is so slow that most people don't consider it an option.

This map is of a small portion of what is known as the Ursepheron Sea, a vast stretch of the Fayde. In recent years, the Fayde has been retreating, creating the Ursepheron Rift, an area through which starships may now travel. Hidden within the Rift are countless ruins and ancient artifacts, left by long-dead civilizations.

Novianost, the star system dead center on the map, acts as a sort of hub for those venturing into the Rift.

I look foward to whatever feedback you have! As I said, this is my first post, so I know I've got room to improve.

Thanks,

Dangerbutton

Attached Thumbnails

Show more