Regions Hospital Behavioral Health Clinic in Maplewood is seeking a Psychotherapist.
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
Service excellence is to be centered on patient care and patient relationships, and is the responsibility of all employees. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members. Therapists provide a broad range of behavioral health services to patients with primary behavioral health problems. The person in this position provides mental health assessments and psychotherapeutic treatment, establishes treatment plans that may include coordination with other professional services, provides consultation and education about behavioral health issues and treatment, and performs other duties as assigned. May work with patients of all ages.
Master's degree OR Doctorate degree in a recognized behavioral health field.
Two years of supervised clinical experience with a broad range of presenting problems and therapies, including cognitive behavioral therapy and solution-focused brief therapy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledge of the values, principles and methodologies in the treatment of mental illness.
* Familiarity and competence with providing diagnostic assessments.
* Ability to integrate social, medical and psychotherapeutic data in order to form a treatment plan and provide appropriate interventions (therapy, psychoeducation, crisis intervention, skill training, etc.)
* Experience and/or training in pain management techniques
* Background in both child and adult services
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with patients, families, co-workers and other organizations.
* Sensitivity and competence of cross-cultural issues.
* Ability to work within a dynamic and continuously changing healthcare environment.
* Excellent problem identification, problem solving and follow-through skills.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
* Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize workload
* Basic computer skills.
* Position-specific qualifications are attached when appropriate
* Preferred: Experience as a behavioral health clinician in a managed care setting
License to practice independently as a mental health professional in Minnesota: Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) OR Licensed Psychologist (LP)
Must have an LICSW or PsyD/PhD.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.