2014-10-05

A few questions as it's been awhile since I've been in the market for an infant/convertible seat. I'll give my situation, and let you all that are more in the loop decide what you think would be best.

I've always had small babies (less than 7lbs) that are on the lower end of the growth curve, with average to short torsos. I guess I'm kind of clueless as to what I should start with, a convertible or infant seat? FWIW, I have a bad back and some disc issues, so I doubt lifting a carrier in and out of a car after baby hits so many pounds will be feasible, but babywearing presents the same issue (with my back). I'm also not major on leaving baby in the infant seat much once they're able to sit up pretty steady. I was looking at a travel system with a jogging stroller (our kids are in many sports, the path to those fields aren't always pleasant), though I could buy separately. Part of me wants to start w/ an infant seat in case I need to switch vehicles which could be a few times a week, but I also don't want something that necessarily goes to 30 pounds as my kids rarely hit that before 3 years old. If I do go w/ infant, I'd like something that has a no-rethread harness, and preferrably easy to clean. If I start w/ a convertible, I have no clue where to even start, it's been 4 years since I've bought one! Please help!

Adding: Idk the exact vehicle this will be in yet, as we're in the market for a large minivan or SUV before birth. The other seats in the vehicle will be 2 LBB and a HBB. TIA!

Show more